Soul-Calendar, Week 15

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2007
      The "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but
      the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated
      with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos),
      plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for
      sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of
      spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form. I have added some
      details on the planets in the night sky as well.

      constellation GEMINI from June 16th through July 20th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the TWINS (from the original
      Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications), is
      attached to this e-mail, below.

      uses symbolic images, like the Zodiac image (called "Imaginations"), to
      awaken "spiritual sight", and mantras ("Inspirations") to open "spiritual
      hearing."
      experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have
      theirrhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using
      the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go
      from English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 1 5 *
      Ich f�hle wie verzaubert
      Im Weltenschein des Geistes Weben
      Es hat in Sinnesdumpfheit
      Geh�llt mein Eigenwesen,
      Zu schenken mir die Kraft
      Die, ohnm�chtig sich selbst zu geben,
      Mein Ich in seinen Schranken ist.

      I feel how enchanted
      Into World-Shining is the Spirit's Weaving:
      It has in Senses' Dimness
      Enclosed my Self-Essence
      To give me the Power:
      That, powerless to myself to give,
      My "I" in its boundaries is.

      An interpretation:
      The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light
      and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are
      to find our "selves" again in the "World-Self."
      This week the Spirit we experience through the beauty of the senses in
      the outer world has enwrapped itself around the Ego, which would without
      this beauty-experience be cut off from the world. This wrapping all around
      our innermost essence is a "spell" cast over it, one which is "unwrapped" at
      Christmastime, which is the opposite verse to this week's.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday July 15th. Moon Leo. The Day that, according to legend, the Apostles
      set out on their missions and each chose a different region to go to. 1099
      The Crusaders stormed Jerusalem.

      Monday, July 16th. Moon Leo. The Flight of Muhammed 622 A.D. (Hegira).

      Tuesday, July 17th. Moon Virgo. Leo IV.

      Wednesday July 18th. Moon Virgo. St. Thomas Aquinas.

      Thursday, July 19th. Moon Libra. St. Vincent de Paul.

      Friday, July 20th. Moon Libra. The Prophet Elijah (Elias). First Moon
      landing 1969.

      Saturday, July 21st. Moon Libra. First Quarter. Daniel.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:
      VENUS is a brilliant Evening Star high in the West above the setting sun
      each evening. It is very close to the star Regulus, the 'heart of the Lion'.
      To the right of both is dimmer yellowish SATURN. Monday night the first
      crescent of the new moon will be seen close to Saturn, then close by Venus
      and Regulus Tuesday night.

      Bright JUPITER is in the south at sunset, to the left of and above brilliant
      red Antares, the Heart of the Scorpion.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.com [web site temporarily down for remodeling]

      http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=hmtextlinkjuly07