Re: Prometheus

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 15 3:17 AM
      You can try this link if you want.

      http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/Dates/19041007p01.html

      There's other stuff on Prometheus at RS Arhives.  Just enter the
      word "Prometheus" into RS Archives' search engine and you'll see a
      number of matches.

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2007
        *******Sorry to take so long to reply, but if you're still working on it
        (summer's not over yet!), Prometheus was the Greek "Lucifer." Just as
        Lucifer caused us to open our eyes and know good and evil, Prometheus gave
        Man fire, the fire of the Gods that made them immortal, and he was punished
        for it as was Lucifer. In his story there was also the connected tale of the
        origin of woman, Pandora. It's the Greek version of Eve and the eating of
        the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge. A good part of the story can be found in
        Hesiod's Theogony, the Greek Genesis, which can be found online here:
        http://www.sacred-texts.com/cla/hesiod/theogony.htm

        Just as the Judeo-Christian Scriptures tell of the Fall and then, after
        long ages, the Redemption--- for instance, in the Paradise Play and then the
        Shepherd's and King's Plays---- so Prometheus' story goes down through ages
        until, in one of Hercules' 12 adventures, he frees the imprisoned benefactor
        of Mankind, just as the Christ redeemed Lucifer.

        I would think the story of Prometheus' "Fall" would be good to cover at
        the start of a school year, and if possible a play of how he is freed by
        Hercules done toward the close of the year. 5th grade is where we make the
        transistion from Greek mythology to Greek history, as the children are just
        coming squarely down to earth from the world of pictures.

        >From: "Mathew Morrell" <tma4cbt@...>
        >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [steiner] Re: Prometheus
        >Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 10:17:34 -0000
        >
        >You can try this link if you want.
        >
        >http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/Dates/19041007p01.html
        > <http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/Dates/19041007p01.html>
        >There's other stuff on Prometheus at RS Arhives. Just enter the
        >word "Prometheus" into RS Archives' search engine and you'll see a
        >number of matches.
        >

        >--- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Sarah Ford Elliott" <sarahfe@...>
        >wrote:
        > >
        > > Dear Learned Anthropops,
        > >
        > > I am hoping that at least one of you is going able to save me a bit of
        >time in research:
        > >
        > > My Class are Class 5 this year, and in my summer preparations I have
        >had this inkling to do a
        > > play based on the story of Prometheus. The more I look into it the
        >more I am convinced that
        > > it is the right thing. One piece of the jigsaw is missing , however.
        > >
        > > Can anyone tell me something about the spiritual significance of
        >Prometheus? I am sure
        > > Steiner must have said something about him. I'm sure I could find it
        >out myself eventually if,
        > > that is, I wasn't also trying to research Botany, Decimal Fractions,
        >Irish Geography etc. etc.!
        > >
        > > Any help would be most gratefully received!
        > >
        > > Yours,
        > >
        > > Sarah FE

        Puzzles, trivia teasers, word scrambles and more. Play for your chance to
        win! http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=CLUB_hotmailtextlink