Re: Cyanide poisoning...?

  • happypick2000
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 12, 2007
      Dear Chris and All,

      A few comments only am I apparently able to respond to regarding the
      apparent puzzles below. :)

      Regarding Mr. Barnes, Chris, indeed he was most definitely aware of
      Tradowsky, Bondarev and their writings as well as others seemingly
      influencing Anthroposophical teachings in their own ways. It was
      perhaps 25 to 30 years ago that I contacted Henry Barnes, at that time
      among the USA's Anthroposophical Society's leaders and a close friend
      of my mentor. As you can see, I belong to those Anthroposophists who
      date many years in the past, and in fact, so far back that I very
      clearly recall in a close personal way the truth of cyanide being used
      extensively by the Nazi Party to "exterminate" Jews, Gypsies,
      Communists AND Anthroposophists.

      Some years following WWII and the Holocaust while studying medicine, I
      was interested in the effects of cyanide upon the human body, and for
      what little it might be worth from a materialistic scientific
      standpoint, it appears cyanide interferes with the transport of oxygen
      and/or other elements contained in the air we breathe from sustaining
      human life as should be possible during the human body's breathing
      process. In effect, cyanide blocks the action of oxygen. This is a
      simplistic explanation, but I believe quite correct.

      Let me interject a personal thought here which seems to have upheld my
      own searchings in Anthroposophy, and that is to hold steady to
      Steiner. This statement in no way implies only Steiner was capable of
      approaching truths, but for myself, I always felt on sure ground by
      holding him as my guide. Practically all my Steiner books are the
      original translations with any possible corrections/explanatons made
      by a friend who worked for quite some years directly with Steiner.
      While this latter fact does not insure everything I have access to is
      totally and 100% accurate, it is the closest I personally am able to
      feel certain of what I study.

      It is really great to find so many inquiring minds striving for the
      truth via Anthroposophy, and it illustrates how greatly Steiner's work
      has progressed and evolved!

      Blessings,

      Sheila

      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "christopherraymond_bio"
      <christopherraymond_bio@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > something missing here and I believe it is the "SOURCE".
      >
      > Are there any ideas on where to start looking for this?
      > Chris
      >

      > --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, Robert Mason <robertsmason_99@>
      > wrote:

      > > negative effects of this susbtance on the Soul
      > > of Man. . . .

      > > stemming from Rudolf Steiner.<<
      > >
      > > Robert writes:
      > >
      > > I'm glad that someone is reading those Bondy
      > > quotes that I so laboriously typed out. -- In
      > > the passage that you posted Bondarev cites
      > > Steiner's lecture of Oct. 10, 1923: the same
      > > one that "Novaliz" quotes from Tradowsky.
      > >
      > > Bondarev immediately follows with a comparison
      > > to the Atlantean catastrophe: "Let us merely
      > > recall the consequences of playing with black
      > > magic in the epoch of Old Atlantis." IMO
      > > Bondarev's argument here is one of his more
      > > dubious assertions in that book. It does seem
      > > somewhat speculative to me to state as a fact
      > > that a global ecological catastrophe would
      > > follow from six million deaths by cyanide. It
      > > does seem to be a plausible hypothesis worth
      > > consideration; thus I quoted it.
      > >
      > > But perhaps Bondarev was not "speculating" in
      > > the ordinary sense of the word. He does claim
      > > to be pursuing a "Goethean" investigation of
      > > contemporary politics; perhaps that
      > > "hypothesis" is a result of his *anschauender
      > > Urteilungskraft*? Maybe; but to me it is still
      > > somewhat dubious.

      > > are to correctly under this death by cyanide.
      > > Please correct me if I am mistaken friends, but
      > > is this idea not "slightly reactionary" being
      > > that it is unlikely for anything to destroy the
      > > Soul?<<
      > >
      > > Robert writes:
      > >
      > > That lecture to the workmen is the only one (of
      > > which I am aware) in which Steiner remarks upon
      > > this theme. I think it might be well to recall
      > > the standard *caveat* that Steiner gave
      > > regarding the published lecture transcripts:
      > > they may contain mistakes. I think that we
      > > should use caution in building towering
      > > conclusions upon a few sketchy statements that
      > > were not (as far as we know) repeated and
      > > explained elsewhere. In reading these
      > > transcripts we need always to try to compare,
      > > collate, and fit single remarks into the
      > > totality of Steiner's teachings.
      > >
      > > When considering a puzzling remark such as this
      > > about "the true death of soul and spirit" by
      > > cyanide poisoning, I am cautious in two
      > > directions. I don't quite believe that
      > > anything other than one's own profound moral
      > > transgressions could cause the death of one's
      > > soul, much less one's spirit. On the other
      > > hand, I take it that Steiner is telling us
      > > something very important and very credible
      > > about dire consequences of cyanide poisoning; I
      > > would surely try to avoid (insofar as I have
      > > the power) killing anyone by cyanide.
      > >
      > > My opinion, for what it's worth.
      > >
      > > Robert Mason

      > ______________
      > > Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Yahoo! Autos

    • Robert Mason
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 14, 2007
        To Chris, who wrote:

        >>Robert, I cannot locate Steiner's lecture of Oct. 10, 1923. It
        would be helpful if we could locate his actual lecture. I am
        looking for the source which Tradowsky and Bondarev are deriving
        their opinions from. In this link which Novak quotes from
        Tradowsky
        http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?read=7749
        is he also quoting Steiner, or is he only quoting from
        Tradowsky?<<

        Robert writes:

        As I read Novaliz, the text within the single quotation
        marks is from Tradowsky, and the text within the
        double quotes is Novalis quoting Tradowsky quoting
        Steiner.

        I don't see that lecture at the eLib. If you live in
        the USA, you might be able to get the English version
        as a had copy from the RS Library in Ghent, NY. If
        you read German, you might get a e-text from the
        Nachlassverwaltung archive <www.rudolf-steiner.com>.

        Chris wrote:

        >>Dear seekers, I am wondering how Tradowsky could mention
        Cyanide and how it was used to murder millions of people, yet
        Bondarev who is apparently sourcing his material from the same
        place as Tradowsky, come to a conclusion that perhaps there
        could have been no Holocaust. I do not downplay Bondarev
        claiming his impartial stance in the matter, for I am in that
        same situation myself – not sure what is the truth of the
        matter of the Holocaust, however there is something missing here
        and I believe it is the "SOURCE".<<

        Robert writes:

        I think that Tradowsky and Bondarev were reading the
        same text from Steiner, but that their differing
        opinions are due to the differences in their own
        personalities, their backgrounds, their other readings,
        and their methodologies. I would *guess* that
        Bondy may have read some "revisionist* historical
        accounts that Tradowsky had not. Bondarev is a
        Russian who has now been living in Switzerland for
        some years; I would guess (don't know) that Tradowsky
        has been living in Germany all along. Unorthodox,
        "revisionist" historical treatments of the "Holocaust"
        are under severe legal restrictions in Germany, and
        so might not have been readily available to Tradowsky.

        Thus, I don't think the "something missing" is this
        particular text from Steiner. To get a better
        understanding of Bondarev, you might want to get
        the whole book from Nelson Willby. And/or you
        might want to browse around in "revisionsist"
        literature about World War II etc. If you are
        in the USA and have uncensored Internet, this
        should be easy enough to do. Of course, one has
        to sift the wheat from the chaff. There are
        many place you could start; this might be one:
        <www.vho.org/GB/Books/hoh>.

        Robert Mason

        Never miss an email again!
      • christopherraymond_bio
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 29, 2007
          Thank you Robert and Sheila, that was helpful information. I am still
          investigating the cyanide issue but I'm no longer perplexed as to the
          the quotes attributed to Dr. Steiner.