Soul-Calendar, Week 14

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2007

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but
      the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated
      with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos),
      plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for
      sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of
      spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form. I have added some
      details on the planets in the night sky as well.

      constellation GEMINI from June 16th through July 20th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the TWINS (from the original
      Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications), is
      attached to this e-mail, below.

      uses symbolic images, like the Zodiac image (called "Imaginations"), to
      awaken "spiritual sight", and mantras ("Inspirations") to open "spiritual
      experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have
      theirrhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using
      the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go
      from English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 1 4 (Summer) *
      An Sinnesoffenbarung hingegeben,
      Verlor ich mein Eigenwesens Trieb,
      Gedankentraum, er schien
      Bet´┐Żubend mir das Selbst zu rauben,
      Doch weckend nahet schon
      In Sinnenschein mir Weltendanken.

      To Senses' offerings given over
      I lose my Self-Essence's Drive;
      Dreaminess of Thinking, it seems
      To stupefy me, the Self to rob,
      But a waking now approaches
      From Senses' Shining in me of World-Thinking.

      An interpretation:
      The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light and
      warmth, so strong that it dims down the Ego's thinking; then, from out of
      the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are to find our "selves" again in
      the World-Self. This is the St. John's experience of "I must decrease that
      He may increase."
      This week that World-Thinking, the Ideas the Spirit uses to build Nature,
      now begins to approach us in our summer waking-dream state, where we are
      immersed in the senses' beauty. We lose our private thinking to have the
      world's thinking start to awaken in us.

      Sunday July 8th. Moon Taurus. Aquila and Priscilla.

      Monday, July 9th. Moon Taurus. Anatolia.

      Tuesday, July 10th. Moon Gemini. 1509 Calvin born.

      Wednesday July 11th. Moon Gemini. Pius I.

      Thursday, July 12th. Moon Cancer. 1536 Erasmus of Rotterdam died.

      Friday, July 13th. Moon Cancer. 1889 Robert Hamerling died.

      Saturday, July 14th. Moon Cancer. New Moon. 1801 Johannes M´┐Żller (the
      Natural Scientist) born.

      VENUS is a brilliant Evening Star high in the West above the setting
      sun each evening. To its right is dimmer yellowish SATURN, and to its
      left is the star Regulus, the 'heart of the Lion'.

      Bright JUPITER is in the southeast at sunset, to the left of
      brilliant red Antares, the Heart of the Scorpion.