Soul-Calendar, Week 13 after Easter

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2007
      The "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but
      the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated
      with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos),
      plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for
      sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of
      spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form. I have added some
      details on the planets in the night sky as well.

      constellation GEMINI from June 16th through July 20th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the TWINS (from the original
      Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications), is
      attached to this e-mail, below.

      uses symbolic images, like the Zodiac image (called "Imaginations"), to
      awaken "spiritual sight", and mantras ("Inspirations") to open "spiritual
      hearing."
      experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have
      theirrhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using
      the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go
      from English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 1 3 *
      Und bin ich in den Sinnesh�hen,
      So flammt in meinen Seelentiefen
      Aus Geistes Feuerwelten
      Der G�tter Wahrheitswort:
      In Geistesgr�nden suche ahnend
      Dich geistverwand zu finden.

      And when I am in the Senses' Heights
      There flames up in my Soul's Deeps
      Out of Spirit Fire-Worlds
      The Gods' Truth-Word:
      In Spirit-Ground seek expectantly
      Your spirit-relation to find.

      An interpretation:
      The spiritual force of the light is so strong that we lose ourselves
      totally in the senses, which is the World Spirit manifesting to us: and this
      is what we MUST fully experience at this time, in order to find our own
      Spirit which is united to it.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday, July 1st. Moon Capricorn. G.W. Leibnitz born 1646.

      Monday, July 2nd. Moon Aquarius. 1778 Rousseau died.

      Tuesday, July 3rd. Moon Aquarius. Anatolius.

      Wednesday July 4th. Moon Pisces. Ulrich.

      Thursday, July 5th. Moon Pisces. Cyril and Methodius. Hosea (Prophet).

      Friday, July 6th. Moon Aries. Hus born 1369; Hus burned at the stake 1415.
      1502 University of Wittenberg founded.

      Saturday, July 7th. Moon Aries. Demetrius.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:
      VENUS is a brilliant Evening Star high in the West above the setting
      sun each evening. Close to it is dimmer yellowish SATURN, and to the
      left of both is the star Regulus, the 'heart of the Lion'.

      Bright JUPITER rises in the southeast at sunset, to the left of
      brilliant red Antares, the Heart of the Scorpion. The full moon is close to
      it Sunday.

      Live Hotmail.
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 15, 2008

        Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

        These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

        Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th through July 20th in our era.
        A version of a new symbolic image of the TWINS (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

        *  M A N T R A  # 1 3 *

        Und bin ich in den Sinneshöhen,

        So flammt in meinen Seelentiefen

        Aus Geistes Feuerwelten

        Der Götter Wahrheitswort:

        In Geistesgründen suche ahnend

        Dich geistverwand zu finden.

        And when I am in the Senses' Heights

        There flames up in my Soul's Deeps

        Out of Spirit Fire-Worlds

        The Gods' Truth-Word:

        In Spirit-Ground seek expectantly

        Your spirit-relation to find.

        The spiritual force of the light is so strong that we lose ourselves
        totally in the senses, which is the World Spirit as it particularly manifests in the summer: and this is what we must experience fully, in order to find our own Spirit which is united to it.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

        Sunday, June 15th. Moon Scorpio. Vitus.

        Monday, June 16th. Moon Sagittarius. Aurelius.

        Tuesday, June 17th. Moon Sagittarius. Montanus.

        Wednesday June 18th. Moon Capricorn. Full Moon. Markus.

        Thursday, June 19th. Moon Capricorn. Council of Nicea 325 A.D.

        Friday, June 20th. Moon Aquarius. Silverius.

        Saturday, June 21st. Moon Aquarius. Eusebius.

        PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

           SATURN and MARS are both in the West at sunset. Saturn is close to the Heart of the Lion, Regulus, on Sunday night. All three make a small triangle. Mars is approaching closer to Saturn all through the month of June and will be seen to conjunct it in early July.

           JUPITER is the bright white 'star' that rises in the East at sunset, in the Southeast to the left of the stars of the Scorpion.  The Full Moon is not far from it Wednesday night and the moon, just past full, is seen to go by it Thursday and Friday nights.

        Enjoy 5 GB of free, password-protected online storage. Get Windows Live SkyDrive.
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 5, 2009
        • 1 Attachment
        • 57 KB
                           The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
           Dr. Rudolf Steiner
        gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th through July 20th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in the color of the sign, orange) of a new symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

        *  M A N T R A  # 1 3 *

        Und bin ich in den Sinneshöhen,

        So flammt in meinen Seelentiefen

        Aus Geistes Feuerwelten

        Der Götter Wahrheitswort:

        In Geistesgründen suche ahnend

        Dich geistverwand zu finden.

        And when I am in the Senses' Heights

        There flames up in my Soul's Deeps

        Out of Spirit Fire-Worlds

        The Gods' Truth-Word:

        "In Spirit-Ground seek expectantly

        Your spirit-relation to find."

        The spiritual force of the light is so strong that we lose ourselves totally in the experience of the senses, which is the manifestation of the World Spirit: and this is what we must experience fully at this time in order to find our OWN Spirit which is united to it.

        The motif of St. John's/Midsummer: "To find yourself, first lose yourself."

               ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *******

             THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, July 5th. Moon Capricorn,  Cyril and Methodius. Hosea (Prophet).

         .

        Monday, July 6th. Moon Capricorn,  Hus born 1369; Hus burned at the stake 1415. 1502 University of Wittenberg founded.

        .

        Tuesday, July 7th. Moon Capricorn. Full Moon.  Demetrius.

        .

        Wednesday, July 8th. Moon Aquarius. Aquila and Priscilla.

        .

        Thursday, July 9th. Moon Aquarius. Anatolia.

         .

        Friday, July 10th. Moon Pisces. 1509 Calvin born.

        Saturday, July 11th. Moon Pisces. Pius I.

                   ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *****

        PLANETS in the Night Sky: Saturn is visible in the West from sunset on, beneath the stars of the Lion.

        Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southeast-south from a few hours after sunset till dawn. The waning moon will be seen to pass close to it Thursday and Friday nights.

        PLANETS in the Morning Sky: Before sunrise, Venus and Mars are visible in the East amongst the dim stars of the Fishes every morning this week.

        Message 4 of 8 , Jun 27, 2010
        • 1 Attachment
        • 57 KB
             The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                               ****** *
                    THE ZODIAC IMAGE
           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th to July 20th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he sais corresponded to the sign, yellow, is attached to this e-mail.

        *  M A N T R A  # 1 3 *

        Und bin ich in den Sinneshöhen,

        So flammt in meinen Seelentiefen

        Aus Geistes Feuerwelten

        Der Götter Wahrheitswort:

        In Geistesgründen suche ahnend

        Dich geistverwand zu finden.

        And when I am in the Senses' Heights

        There flames up in my Soul's Depths

        Out of Spirit Fire-Worlds

        The Gods' Truth-Word:

        'In Spirit-Ground seek expectantly

        Your spirit-relation to find.'

        An interpretation based on working with the mantra:

          The spiritual force of the light is so strong that we lose ourselves totally in the sense-world, which is the World Spirit manifesting now, in this summer half of the year (in the other half it's not physically visible): and this is what we must experience fully in order to find our own Spirit which is united to it.

                                                              ***** ********* ********* *

                  THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, June 27th Moon Capricorn. Phillipina.

        Monday, June 28th.  Moon Aquarius. Leo.

        Tuesday, June 29th. Moon Aquarius.  Festival of Peter and Paul. Rubens born 1577.

        Wednesday, June 30th. Moon Pisces. Festival in Memory of Paul.

        Thursday, July 1st. Moon Pisces.   G.W.  Leibnitz born 1646.

        Friday, July 2nd Moon Pisces. 1778 Rousseau died.

        Saturday, July 3rd. Moon Aries.  Anatolius.

        .

                                                  ***** ****

        PLANETS in the Night Sky:

        Brilliant VENUS is an 'evening star' in the West above the setting sun.

        Reddish MARS is to its left, higher in the Western sky. Between them is the Lion's heart, the bright star Regulus.

        SATURN is in the southwest to the left of Mars, beneath the Lion's tail.

        Message 5 of 8 , Jul 16, 2011
        • 1 Attachment
        • 57 KB

            Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

                                                               *******
                    THE ZODIAC IMAGE
           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th to July 20th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign (yellow) is attached to this e-mail.

        *  M A N T R A  # 1 3 *

        Und bin ich in den Sinneshöhen,

        So flammt in meinen Seelentiefen

        Aus Geistes Feuerwelten

        Der Götter Wahrheitswort:

        In Geistesgründen suche ahnend

        Dich geistverwand zu finden.

        And when I am in the Senses' Heights

        There flames up in my Soul's Depths

        Out of Spirit Fire-Worlds

        The Gods' Truth-Word:

        In Spirit-Ground seek expectantly

        Your spirit-relation to find.

        An interpretation of the mantra:

        The spiritual force of the light is so strong that we lose ourselves totally in the senses, which IS the World Spirit --- and this is what we must experience fully in order to find our own Spirit which is united to it.

                THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, July 17th. Moon Pisces.  Leo IV.

        Monday, July 18th.  Moon Pisces.  St. Thomas Aquinas.

        Tuesday, July 19th. Moon Pisces.  St. Vincent de Paul.

        Wednesday, July 20thMoon Aries. The Prophet Elijah (Elias).

        Thursday, July 21stMoon Aries.  Daniel.

        Friday,  July 22nd. Moon Taurus. Last Quarter.   Mary Magdalene. The astronomer Bessel born 1784.

        Saturday,  July 23rd. Moon Taurus.  Apollinaris, School of Peter. Syrus, Christian Teacher in Justinian's Time.

        ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

        Dim, yellowish Saturn is in the southwest at sunset, amongst the stars of the Virgin. It makes a triangle with the 2 bright stars Spica and Arcturus.

        ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:
        The brilliant "morning stars" Jupiter and Venus are visible in the east just before sunrise, rising in that order, with dimmer, reddish Mars between them. The waning crescent moon is seen near Jupiter the early mornings of Saturday the 23rd and Sunday the 24th.

        Message 6 of 8 , Jun 23, 2013
          he 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

               The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th through July 20th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, yellow, is below.

          * MANTRA # 13 *

          Und bin ich in den Sinneshöhen,

          So flammt in meinen Seelentiefen

          Aus Geistes Feuerwelten

          Der Götter Wahrheitswort:

          In Geistesgründen suche ahnend

          Dich geistverwand zu finden.

          And when I am in the Senses' Heights

          There flames up in my Soul's Depths

          Out of Spirit Fire-Worlds

          The Gods' Truth-Word:

          "In Spirit-Ground seek expectantly

          Your spirit-relation to find."

              An interpretation of the mantra: The spiritual force of the light is so strong that we lose ourselves totally in the senses, which IS the World Spirit: and this is what we must
          experience fully in order to find our own Spirit which is united to it.

          THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

          Sunday, June 23rd. Moon Capricorn. Full Moon.  Colombus born 1456.

          Monday, June 24th. Moon CapricornJohn the Baptist (St. John’s Day).

          Tuesday, June 25th. Moon Aquarius.  Wilhelm Jordan died 1904.

           Wednesday,  June 26th. Moon Aquarius.   Julian the Apostate died 363 A.D.

          Thursday,  June 27th. Moon Pisces. Phillipina.

          Friday
           June 28th. Moon Pisces. Leo.

          Saturday,  June 29th
          . Moon Aries. . Festival of Peter and Paul.   Rubens born 1577.

          ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

             Venus is the bright white 'star' low in the West at sunset. It will rise higher every night over the next several months.
             Saturn is high in the southern sky at sunset. It is at its greatest brilliancy near the stars of Scorpius.

          -starman

          Message 7 of 8 , Jul 12, 2014
          • 1 Attachment
          • 57 KB

               The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th through July 20th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, yellow, is attached to this e-mail.

          *******MANTRA # 13*******

          Und bin ich in den Sinneshöhen,

          So flammt in meinen Seelentiefen

          Aus Geistes Feuerwelten

          Der Götter Wahrheitswort:

          In Geistesgründen suche ahnend

          Dich geistverwand zu finden.

          And when I am in the Senses' Heights

          There flames up in my Soul's Depths

          Out of Spirit Fire-Worlds

          The Gods' Truth-Word:

          In Spirit-Ground seek expectantly

          Your spirit-relation to find.

          An interpretation of the mantra:

          The spiritual force of the light is so strong now that we lose ourselves totally in the senses, which is the World Spirit (we sense it through our inner selves in Winter and through our bodily senses in Summer): and this is what we must experience fully in order to find our own Spirit which is united to it.

          THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

          Sunday July 13th. Moon Aquarius.  1889 Robert Hamerling died.

          Monday July 14th. Moon Pisces. 1801 Johannes Müller (the Natural Scientist) born.

          Tuesday July 15th. Moo
          n Pisces. The Day that, according to legend, the Apostles set out on their missions and each chose a different region to go to. 1099 The Crusaders stormed Jerusalem.

          Wednesday July 16th. Moon Pisces.  The Flight of Muhammed 622 A.D. (Hegira).

          Thursday July 17th. Moon Aries. Leo IV.

          Friday July 18th. Moon Aries. Last Quarter.
          St. Thomas Aquinas.

          Saturday July 19th. Moon Taurus. St. Vincent de Paul.

          ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

             Mars is high in the south at sunset, a brilliant yellow-red "star". Very close to it is the bright star Spica (the ear of corn held by Virgo the Virgin). Dimmer, yellowish Saturn is further to the left (east) of both.