Soul-Calendar, Week #11

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2007
      The "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of
      52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events

      days.

      constellation GEMINI from June 16th through July 20th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the TWINS (from the original
      Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications), is
      attached to this e-mail, below.

      uses symbolic images, like the Zodiac image (called "Imaginations"), to
      awaken "spiritual sight", and mantras ("Inspirations") to open "spiritual
      hearing."
      experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have
      theirrhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using
      the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go
      from English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 1 1 *
      Es ist in dieser Sonnenstunde
      An dir, die weise Kunde zu enkennen;
      An Weltensch�nheit hingegeben,
      In dir dich f�hlend zu durchleben:
      Verlieren kann das Menschen-Ich
      Und finden sich im Welten-Ich.

      It is in this sun-hour
      For you, the wise prophecy to know;
      To World-Beauty given over,
      In you you feel to live through:
      Man's I can lose itself
      And find itself in the World-I.

      An interpretation:
      The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses is now
      so strong that we must give ourselves over to it in feeling, and when we do,
      we have a fore-sensing of the losing of one's ordinary selfhood to find
      ourselves again in spirit-being we go through in the height of Summer.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday, June 17th. Moon Leo. Montanus.

      Monday, June 18th. Moon Leo. Markus.

      Tuesday, June 19th. Moon Virgo. Council of Nicea 325 A.D.

      Wednesday June 20th. Moon Virgo. Silverius.

      Thursday, June 21st. Moon Virgo. Eusebius.

      Friday, June 22nd. Moon Libra. First Quarter. Wilhelm von Humboldt born
      1767.

      Saturday, June 23rd. Moon Libra. Colombus born 1456.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:
      Venus is a brilliant Evening Star high in the West above the setting sun
      each evening, to the left of the "Twin" stars Castor and Pollux of Gemini.

      To the left of it, Saturn is in the stars of Leo, at the feet of the Lion.

      The crescent Moon will pass close to Venus Sunday night and then Saturn
      Monday night.

      Bright Jupiter rises in the southeast shortly after sunset, to the left of
      brilliant red Antares, Heart of the Scorpion.