Specimen 455 (A lost letter by Sergei Rostropovich)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2007
      Naturally we credit angels on the level of archetypes for producing
      epochal-making gateways---not fellow humans. Humanity, we think, is
      incapable of such acts, too weak, too feeble, too lethargic, to will
      something as enormous as an evolutionary Epoch. No human can, out of
      his own soul, conceive something as dynamic as the Age of Light that
      Michael brought forth in 1888, extinguishing the cursed darkness of
      Kali Yuga. Mankind is a passive recipient of Time---a servant and
      not a god; and therefore cannot control Destiny; but destiny can only
      control him. So we've concluded.

      From above downward, the Cosmos gave birth to the intellectual mind
      soul that manifested itself as the kingdoms of Greece and Rome.
      Egypt and Babylonia, as well, were revelations on the level of the
      gods, not on the level of man; and because of this fact, the pyramids
      were destined to arise---by fate.

      But I swear to you as a man, a Russian, that a human being did indeed
      accomplish an act of God. He did create an epochal-making gateway
      and this gateway burns brightly within the Akashic Ether; not by
      fate, but out of his own suffering as a mortal man was this psychic
      portal etched into the Soul of the World.

      The name of this mortal is Billy Bayber. He is my nephew. And
      through him a new age was born.

      Sergei Rostropovich
      Kansas City, Mo.
      January 21, 2003