Re: Politics

  • saggitar4swas
    Message 1 of 41 , Jun 7, 2007
      What does the possession of a guns do to the soul of the possessor? In
      the case of the Swiss (who do military service - & only those who do
      hold weapons) is seems to add to their self-possession (nationally not
      always individually). The context seems important there. Canadians too
      seem (with a few rare exceptions able to manage the ownership of
      rifles - primarily for hunting). As for Iraq -

      > As we're learning now in Iraq, a well-armed militia filled with
      > patriots willing to kill and die for their nation is impossible to
      > rule over.

      The "free people of Iraq" as an example to all those who feel that free
      access to machines made for the sole purpose of killing might not be a
      good idea? Really, Matthew?

      And if guns should be available to all free people, why not durgs?
      After all a completely doped population have no reason to worry about
      invasion, or anything else...Where does the abortion issue fit in with
      a perspective that seems to see readines to maim or kill others as a
      major contribution "free" societies?

      Guns, no guns? - all this seems more a matter of simple commonsense -
      the best & only basis for Anthroposophy - than spiritual science.

      > So long as the average American is armed, as he now is, we are
      > unconquerable by invading powers, whether that power is China or the
      > UN.
      >
      > As we're learning now in Iraq, a well-armed militia filled with
      > patriots willing to kill and die for their nation is impossible to
      > rule over. Napoleon learned the same lesson when invading Russia.
      > The Brits learned this lesson in 1776. The next to learn are
      > liberals.
      >
      > This is why the One World Government wishes to disarm the US. People
      > like me and Starman will never bow down before false gods and their
      > Marxists priests.
      >
      > Long live freedom and democracy! Long live the Republic!

    • saggitar4swas
      Message 41 of 41 , Jun 7, 2007