Re: Life & Capricorn

  • carynlouise
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 7, 2007
      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Durward Starman" <DrStarman@...>
      wrote:

      Interesting to me as I also have the North Node in Capricorn.

      From: "carynlouise" <carynlouise@...>
      To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [steiner] Re: Life & Capricorn
      Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 09:48:02 -0000

      Johann Wolfgang von Goethe : 28 August 1749 – 22 March 1832 : Virgo
      Capricorn: North Node

      Leonardo da Vinci : 15 April 1452 – 2 May 1519 : Aries
      Capricorn : North Node

      Dante Alighieri : 14 May/13 June 1265 – 13/14 September 1321 :
      Aries? Taurus?
      Capricorn : North Node

      Rudolf Steiner : 27 February 1861 : Pisces
      Capricorn : North Node

      --- I have been contemplating why we were shown the above great
      people's North Nodes in Capricorn. Reading part of Alice Bailey's
      Capricorn account in Fred Gettings Astrology; may add further -
      Gate of Death - name applied to the sign Capricorn, sometimes to the
      Sphere of Saturn. In esoteric astrology it is said that the soul in
      its post mortem experience aspires to travel to the Sphere of Saturn,
      which marks the boundaries of time, and it is almost certain this
      association which gives rise to the term. Equally, since Cancer is
      associated with the Gate of Birth, it is probable that, by virtue of
      being the extreme polarity of this sign, Capricorn was by extension
      associated with death, as the Throne of that Planet which marked the
      end of time. (See, also Crocodile) In her account of esoteric
      astrology, Bailey says that the sign Capricorn has been recognized
      down the ages as the 'doorway into life of those who know not death'.

      ****

      There's a thing! It is an interesting placement. Starman you right
      to say we shouldn't discuss politics - it only gets everybody in a
      tizz and we should leave it to the politicians - we'll find far more
      answers in the heavens!

      We should all try get on finding common ground in the Zodiac - maybe
      Stephen's North Node is also in Capricorn! Matthew's North Node is in
      Pisces - there's a thing! My North Node is in Gemini :) Now this
      means .. erm what does this mean!

      I realise in my Venus Transit post - the RS link talks about the
      Transit but not the Venus consciousness. This link does:

      http://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA011/CM/GA011_c13.html;mark=218,22,27#W
      N_mark
      Cosmic Memory
      The Earth and Its Future

      I wonder if this has to do with the coming of the Sun in the vernal
      equinox of Aquarius?