Re: Politics

  • Stephen Hale
    Message 1 of 41 , Jun 6, 2007
      So what is it that makes you so interested in anthroposophy, in spite
      of all this ahrimanic thinking? Is it that 'big deal' democratic
      background; let's see, you all sat around the table and discussed
      politics, and who was good and who was bad, just like the Kennedy
      family did. Yeah, right. And it must have come up at some point in
      time that you can't trust the government, right? Yes, that must be it.

      Well, JFK got past the family unit and sought a freedom based on human
      striving. He got his head blown off for it.

      Steve
    • saggitar4swas
      Message 41 of 41 , Jun 7, 2007
        What does the possession of a guns do to the soul of the possessor? In
        the case of the Swiss (who do military service - & only those who do
        hold weapons) is seems to add to their self-possession (nationally not
        always individually). The context seems important there. Canadians too
        seem (with a few rare exceptions able to manage the ownership of
        rifles - primarily for hunting). As for Iraq -

        > As we're learning now in Iraq, a well-armed militia filled with
        > patriots willing to kill and die for their nation is impossible to
        > rule over.

        The "free people of Iraq" as an example to all those who feel that free
        access to machines made for the sole purpose of killing might not be a
        good idea? Really, Matthew?

        And if guns should be available to all free people, why not durgs?
        After all a completely doped population have no reason to worry about
        invasion, or anything else...Where does the abortion issue fit in with
        a perspective that seems to see readines to maim or kill others as a
        major contribution "free" societies?

        Guns, no guns? - all this seems more a matter of simple commonsense -
        the best & only basis for Anthroposophy - than spiritual science.