Re: Politics

  • Stephen Hale
    Message 1 of 41 , Jun 6, 2007
      Sounds like Rogue River mentality, Mathew; with DR Starman as your
      horse breaker. Only a government that is ready to seize the freedom
      of the people would cause guns to be of such importance. And, of
      course, being libertarian means nothing in this situation because it
      would be the right-wingers who have already planned it out, in spite
      of the fact that you can buy a gun which you haven't got a clue how
      to use. So, pretend all you want because it ain't going to happen;
      so put your gun in a lock box away from the kids. Marshall Law is a
      mere fad of the libertarians, unless too many folk get to waking up
      about this government of ours, and its aims for world conquest. And
      by then, it will be too late. By then, maybe anthroposophy meant
      something after all.

      Steve

      > So long as the average American is armed, as he now is, we are
      > unconquerable by invading powers, whether that power is China or
      the
      > UN.
    • saggitar4swas
      Message 41 of 41 , Jun 7, 2007
        What does the possession of a guns do to the soul of the possessor? In
        the case of the Swiss (who do military service - & only those who do
        hold weapons) is seems to add to their self-possession (nationally not
        always individually). The context seems important there. Canadians too
        seem (with a few rare exceptions able to manage the ownership of
        rifles - primarily for hunting). As for Iraq -

        > As we're learning now in Iraq, a well-armed militia filled with
        > patriots willing to kill and die for their nation is impossible to
        > rule over.

        The "free people of Iraq" as an example to all those who feel that free
        access to machines made for the sole purpose of killing might not be a
        good idea? Really, Matthew?

        And if guns should be available to all free people, why not durgs?
        After all a completely doped population have no reason to worry about
        invasion, or anything else...Where does the abortion issue fit in with
        a perspective that seems to see readines to maim or kill others as a
        major contribution "free" societies?

        Guns, no guns? - all this seems more a matter of simple commonsense -
        the best & only basis for Anthroposophy - than spiritual science.