Re: Politics

  • Stephen Hale
    Message 1 of 41 , Jun 6, 2007
      Starman, you said:
      "I am quite happy that not only the police are armed. If Virginia
      Tech students were armed, more would be alive, since one of them
      would have taken out that murdering Korean before he had the chance
      to kill so many. A disarmed populace is a docile one...."

      Please try to give me some sense of reason to this you wrote above.
      The Korean student had guns, which he acquired with ease, although
      he had a record of mental imbalance. Now, doesn't that show flaws
      in the system of selling guns? Yet, you say that if other students
      had had guns, then he would have been taken out without so many
      being killed, correct?

      Now, it is my understanding that Wyatt Earp was the only one at the
      gunfight at OK Corral who didn't get shot, which is pretty lucky
      considering that they all had guns, and were shooting. Of course,
      he lived to go to Hollywood in the early days of cinema.

      The Virginia Tech student blew his brains out after making his
      show. And he bought the guns right here in America, rather than in
      Korea. As an American, he had the right to buy the filthy bastards.

      Steve
    • saggitar4swas
      Message 41 of 41 , Jun 7, 2007
        What does the possession of a guns do to the soul of the possessor? In
        the case of the Swiss (who do military service - & only those who do
        hold weapons) is seems to add to their self-possession (nationally not
        always individually). The context seems important there. Canadians too
        seem (with a few rare exceptions able to manage the ownership of
        rifles - primarily for hunting). As for Iraq -

        > As we're learning now in Iraq, a well-armed militia filled with
        > patriots willing to kill and die for their nation is impossible to
        > rule over.

        The "free people of Iraq" as an example to all those who feel that free
        access to machines made for the sole purpose of killing might not be a
        good idea? Really, Matthew?

        And if guns should be available to all free people, why not durgs?
        After all a completely doped population have no reason to worry about
        invasion, or anything else...Where does the abortion issue fit in with
        a perspective that seems to see readines to maim or kill others as a
        major contribution "free" societies?

        Guns, no guns? - all this seems more a matter of simple commonsense -
        the best & only basis for Anthroposophy - than spiritual science.