Re: Venus Transit 2004

  • Stephen Hale
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2007
      Isn't Venus actually Mercury, according to spiritual science?

      Steve

      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "carynlouise" <carynlouise@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi all, I was going through my notes and came across this article
      > had printed out in 2004. I re-found the link in the archive of
      the
      > below link and copy it out here. I think it is the best article I
      > have read on the above transit. It also corresponds with John
      > Jocelyns writing on the Hierarchy. What do you think?
      >
      > http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/Venus_Transit/id/2042
      >
      > Venus Transit of June 8, 2004 A Breakthrough of Intuitive
      Awareness
      > By Carl-Johan Calleman and Anders Bjarstedt
      >
      > The purpose of this article is to describe the role of the Oneness
      > Celebration at the Venus transit on June 8, 2004 in its larger
      > context. This will clearly be the astronomical event of the year.
      > begin with, a Venus transit is an astronomical event where the
      planet
      > Venus passes between the Earth and the sun a sort of eclipse.
      Venus
      > transits lasts for 6-7 hours and come in pairs separated by
      exactly 8
      > earth years minus two days. As far as human measures go such pairs
      of
      > transits occur only rarely.
      >
      > Below is a list of the years of the most recent occurrences, where
      > the second transit in the pair is given within parentheses:
      >
      > 1518 (1526)
      > 1631 (1639)
      > 1761 (1769)
      > 1874 (1882)
      > 2004 (2012)
      >

      > Since there is no person alive today who was born in 1882 or
      earlier
      > the Venus transit in 2004 will be everyones first such experience.
      > What may we then expect from this occurrence? To find out it is
      > certainly worth studying what happened in the world earlier in the
      > first of these pairs of transits.
      >
      > We may then note that 1518 was when the first circumnavigation of
      the
      > globe by Magellan/del Cano was launched (they set sail in 1519).
      The
      > impact on the minds of people of this accomplishment was enormous.
      > Through their journey these captains had shown in practice that
      the
      > world was not flat, but spherical. In the following years a new
      world
      > view emerged in which it was clear that humans inhabited a globe.
      The
      > time of speculation was over and this may be said to have been the
      > first step in the development of a Global Brain.
      >
      > The next pair of Venus transits approximately coincided with the
      > emergence of the first national mail services (Denmark, 1624;
      Sweden,
      > 1636) and so also seems to be associated with human
      communications.
      > Written communications between people, initially in certain
      > countries, then became routine even over long distances. The
      second
      > in this pair of Venus transits is the first that is known to have
      > been observed by humans.
      >
      > In the Venus transit of 1761 there is much information to be
      found.
      > The study of this event had long been prepared for by astronomers,
      > who were planning to use their observations as a means of
      measuring
      > the distance to the sun. This goal could however only be
      accomplished
      > if observations were made all around the world, and for this to
      > happen astronomers in different countries needed to collaborate.
      >
      > The transit of Venus across the Sun was observed in 77 different
      > places ranging from Karesuando to Pondicherry including Tobolsk,
      > Tahiti, Beijing and Philadelphia. The point to realize here is
      that
      > this was the first international collaboration project ever in
      > science. Never before had scientists belonging to different
      national
      > academies collaborated and it was the Venus transit that compelled
      > them to do so. It may in fact be asked if this was the first
      > international collaboration project of any kind, wherein different
      > nations collaborated as such.
      >
      > Regardless, an important step was taken in bringing the planet
      > together and it was initiated through an impulse from the Earths
      > sister planet Venus. Putting the idea of international
      collaboration
      > into practice was a crucial step in connecting the different
      peoples
      > of the world.
      >
      > The Venus transit in 1874 coincided with two very notable
      occurrences
      > in the development of the Earth into a Global Brain: The founding
      of
      > the World Post Union, and the completion of the Atlantic telegraph
      > cable in the same year, which both marked fundamental steps in the
      > development of global communications.
      >
      > In 1874, moreover, Bell had his first idea of a telephone, which
      was
      > patented two years later. In this year it became possible, for the
      > first time, for people to routinely communicate around the globe
      as
      > rapid means for this were developed. Needless to say, todays
      Internet
      > would not have been possible without these preparatory steps in
      the
      > development of global telecommunications.
      >
      > Considering the occurrences accompanying these earlier Venus
      > transits, and the steps forward in global communications and the
      > evolution of the global brain that these have entailed, it is
      timely
      > to ask what will happen as the next one takes place in 2004. What
      > events and changes will accompany this? A fundamental difference
      > compared to previous transits is the advanced state of global
      > communications that now already exists. Hence, almost everyone in
      the
      > world will, through newspapers, letters, telephones and the
      Internet,
      > have advance notice of this Venus transit. The new steps forward
      on
      > the path of humanity will be taken within the framework of the
      Global
      > Brain with its nerve threads, i.e. the telecommunications network,
      > that already exist.
      >
      > Although this development of the Global Brain has been favoured by
      > the energies of the katuns (periods of 20 x 360 days = 19.7 years)
      in
      > the Mayan calendar in which the Venus transits have occurred, it
      is
      > hard to avoid the impression that the very transit of Venus across
      > the sun has somehow served to concentrate these energies and has
      sent
      > an intensifying beam to planet Earth. During the Venus transits
      the
      > cosmic energies were thus strongly amplified.
      >
      > There are however many good reasons to believe that the Venus
      transit
      > on June 8, 2004, in contrast to at earlier times, will herald a
      > development of communications between human beings that is not
      based
      > on technology. The chief reason is that we are now at a stage, the
      > Galactic Underworld in the Mayan calendar, that favours the right
      > brain half and the intuitive faculties of our mind that are
      mediated
      > by this. And so, we may expect that the upcoming Venus transit
      will
      > launch an era of communications utilizing mental rather than
      > electromagnetic fields.
      >
      > This new field, unlike gravitation in the National Underworld and
      > electricity in the Planetary, will emerge as a synchronizing field
      of
      > consciousness favoring spontaneous flow rather than linear
      planning.
      > (Unfortunately it is not widely known that the different
      Underworlds
> [...]
      > only weak premonitions of the full effects of the telepathic field
      > that will now emerge. If a sufficient number of people become
      > connected through this field we may expect that they will be able
      > harmonize their activities in a much more natural way than is
      > currently the case. To support the emergence of this is the whole
      > point with the Oneness Celebration. It may then be in its place to
      > discuss the relationship between telepathy and the Oneness
      > Celebration of June 6-8, 2004. If the incorporation of a new field
      of
      > intuitive mental communication is the next step in the development
      of
      > the Global Brain, how will this affect us as individuals? Before
      > going into this it should be recognized that it is impossible to
      tell
      > exactly what the effects of this emerging field of telepathy will
      be.

      > (Imagine yourself a year before the first circumnavigation of the
      > earth or the first global telecommunications trying to grasp the
      > consequences.)
      > In fact, the Oneness Celebration may be regarded only as the great
      > opening into this new field. Being able to see into, resonate with
      > and connect to the thoughts and minds of others must however have
      > host of consequences that are difficult to predict in detail, but
      > still important to ponder. To many that are unprepared some of the
      > changes may in fact be shocking or hard to understand. Yet, if we
      > imagine a world without secrets, where you and others are unable
      > hide their thoughts from each other, and where we, in a much more
      > profound sense than currently, are all one, what would life be
      like?

      > If intentions or thoughts can not be hidden in this strengthened
      > field of intuition an enormous amount of plotting against other
      > persons, hidden agendas, etc, would become useless. Manipulation
      > would cease. Hostile plans for deceiving others, in personal
      > relations or in business, would loose their effectiveness. Plans
      for
      > hurting others through crime, terror or warfare will become
      > transparent. In general, it will be obvious to everyone when
      someone
      > puts his own interest above the larger whole. Of course, that
      > manipulative behavior or hidden agendas become clearly visible
      does
      > not mean that they immediately would cease, but clear visibility
      > would give others more of a choice as to how to relate to those
      with
      > hidden motives.
      >
      > Those that enter fully into this new field will themselves come to
      > live in a world that is much more joyous than previously. Honesty
      and
      > truthfulness will breed love. The downplaying of conflicts between
      > them will allow them to function harmoniously amongst themselves.
      If
      > we are able to co-create such a field we would start to become one
      in
      > a very real sense. As we do, relationships between different
      > individuals, or groups of people, will start to harmonize to a
      degree
      > where it is obvious that hurting another is tantamount to hurting
      > yourself. At the present time, this idea, that hurting someone
      else
      > means hurting yourself however still has much the character of a
      nice
      > thought, something that express how you think things should be
      > although they really are not. The added clarity of the new vision
      > will alter this.
      >
      > The breakthrough of a new level of telepathic contact would also
      mean
      > that we add a new field of communication to the development of the
      > Global Brain. This field would bring harmony, since through this
      > everyone would be attuned to everybody else and to the purpose of
      the
      > cosmic plan as well.
      >
      > While there may remain limits to our ability to enter other
      people�s
      > minds, it seems likely that our sensitivity to the existence of
      > hidden compartments, stored hidden agendas, etc., in others will
      > increase dramatically. Maintaining such will be a characteristic
      of
      > those that choose to see the world through duality and
      separateness.
      > Of course, if other people can read your thoughts and be certain
      > about your intentions, many would feel that they would loose
      > something from this. This would include many that have judgmental
      > thoughts about themselves and so want to hide parts of their inner
      > reality. In fact, many whose intentions are not aligned with the
      > higher good of all will probably avoid breaking through into
      Oneness.
      > While it seems obvious that even in the short term the survival of
      > planet Earth will be favoured by human beings getting to know how
      > utilize more extensive fields of telepathic contact, this would
      have
      > implications that not everyone is likely to desire.
      >
      > As should be obvious from the initial discussion Venus transits
      may
      > be alone among astronomical events to have a track record that
      > associates them with major steps in the development of the Global
      > Brain. (The completion of the Atlantic telegraph cable in 1874 may
      > for instance be seen as the creation of a kind of corpus callosum
      > connecting its Western and Eastern Hemispheres). Because of this
      > track record the Oneness Celebration at this Venus transit is not
      > just another one in a number of global meditations that for
      different
      > reasons have been proposed in recent years. Rather, previous ones,
      > most notably the Harmonic Convergence or Harmonic Concordance, may
      be
      > regarded as preparatory for the Oneness Celebration, the Venus
      > transit of June 8, 2004. This will carry the major breakthrough in
      > the development of a new telepathic field on planet Earth, and the
      co-
      > creation of this is a pre-requisite for attaining the Enlightened
      > state of Oneness by the time the next in this pair of Venus
      transits
      > occurs on June 6, 2012. For all those wanting to help birth Gaia
      > harmonica, the new harmonious Global Brain, the Oneness
      Celebration
      > is the time to do it.
      >
      > Now, of course, some will say that this field will just emerge
      > regardless of what we do. Did not the Venus transit in 1518
      trigger
      > the first circumnavigation of the Earth without this transit even
      > being known to the world? some may ask. Well, maybe we should not
      be
      > so sure that our own participation is irrelevant. After all, what
      it
      > is all about at the upcomin occasion is the emergence of a mental
      > field that it is we, the human beings, that are the carriers of.
      It
      > is entirely possible that a conscious participation and awareness
      is
      > needed this time around. Maybe in fact those that participate
      fully
      > in such a way as to receive the new light to the right brain half
      > will be the meek who will inherit the Earth.
      >
      > What seems likely is that those that truly want to live in
      accordance
      > with the harmonizing new field of Gaia harmonica should take the
      > opportunity of absorbing the energy of the Venus transit fully and
      > create such a field amongst themselves. This absorption includes
      the
      > communication in our own individual brains between the logical
      left
      > brain and the intuitive right brain, where it is now the latter
      that
      > will be strengthened. And so, while it is possible that the new
      field
      > will be there regardless of what we do, it is possible that to get
      an
      > entrance ticket we need to act as co-creators. Integrating this
      > intuitive field and unifying the mentalities of the brain halves,
      we
      > may also surmise, are pre-requisites for attaining the Enlightened
      > state in the years ahead. Although there are a few that may
      already
      > have attained this state as individuals, in the case of the Venus
      > transit we are talking about a major collective push towards that
      > state; Mass Enlightenment.
      >
      > Really, what the Oneness Celebration means is a choice, a choice
      as
      > to whether to continue living as a separate individual or to
      > harmonize your life with the greater whole, the Oneness of Gaia
      > harmonica, which fully experienced is Enlightenment. The upcoming
      > Venus transit will thus present us, individually and collectively,
      > with a very important choice to participate or not to participate.
      > enter the new field or remain in duality. Telepathy is a
      meaningless
      > concept if it applies only to a single individual. Only if a
      > significant number of people break through to this new field of
      > communication will any individual, in the full meaning of the
      word,
      > be able to attain the state of Enlightenment. Thus, there is a
      need
      > for a collective breakthrough into the new telepathic field of
      > communication.
      >
      > There has been some wondering among people why the changes brought
      > about by the Galactic Underworld (which began Jan 5, 1999) have,
      thus
      > far, seemed so relatively minor. Maybe we have now found the
      reason
      > that this is that this Underworld has not yet been activated by a
      > beam of a Venus transit. Both the National and Planetary
      Underworlds
      > had activating Venus transits in their very first katuns, and one
      > name used for the Mayan Long Count (National Underworld) was in
      fact
      > the Birth of Venus. In the Galactic Underworld, we have had to
      wait
      > until the Third Night for this to happen. The Venus transit of
      June
      > 8, 2004 may be what really activates the new level of
      consciousness
      > on.
      >
      > This overall purpose of the Oneness Celebration of birthing a new
      > field of telepathic communication has consequences for the type of
      > meditation that we should conduct during this occasion. If we are
      > open to letting Gaia develop a new field of telepathic contact,
      then
      > the focus of the meditation should be to open ourselves up to
      this.
      > Given that it is the right brain half, in resonance with the
      Eastern
      > Hemisphere, that primarily will mediate this new field then this
      fact
      > must be taken into account in shaping your meditation. If we, in a
      > meditative alpha state with eyes closed, visualize Light, Cosmic
      > Intelligence, entering through our right brain, and then let this
      > form an infinite loop including the left brain for a sustained
      period
      > during the Venus transit, then this would mean that we could enter
      > the new field of telepathic contact. If this happens we will
      > eventually come to live in a completely open and honest world,
      free
      > of conflicts. This love may be ours if we are open to the
      harmonizing
      > effects of the new field!
      >
      > Certainly, if a world of extended intuitive awareness seems like a
      > welcome possibility to you, we urge you to network this idea and
      > start making presentations on a regular basis to friends and
      anyone
      > you may be in contact with. There is no money to gain and there is
      no
      > money to loose, but a new world for us all to win. If there is
      > anything we can be helpful with or have plans for the occasion
      that
      > you would like to share please contact us at
      > info@...
      >
      > Anders Bj�rstedt has the web page www.stroker.se (in
      Swedish). He
      > lives in Malm�, Sweden.
      >
      > Carl Johan Calleman is one of the main teachers at the Oneness
      > Festival , the spiritual retreats including topics like
      > Enlightenment, Mayan Calendar, The Venus Transit and the
      significance
      > of the year 2012. He is also the author of Solving the Greatest
      > Mystery of Our Time: The Mayan Calendar and the forthcoming The
      Mayan
      > calendar and the Transformation of Consciousness.
      >
      > --- John Jocelyn 'Meditations on the signs of the Zodiac'
      >
      > Seven Archangels – the six Planetary Intelligences and the Sun
      > Intelligence – in regularity of rotation serve as regents,
      directing
      > and guiding the evolution of mankind by determining the fundamental
      > character of successive minor ages.
      >
      > Our Age of Michael, Exalted Sun Intelligence, began in 1879 and
      will
      > last for three to four hundred years; the Michael impulse manifests
      > as spiritual intelligence, cosmopolitanism, and cosmic
      Christianity.
      > With the aid of Michael – now the Countenance of the Christ, as
      > formerly he was the Countenance of Jehovah – man will be able to
      > spiritualise his intelligence and the conditions of life that
      immerse
      > him so deeply in matter.
      >
      > --- I also place here writings which, to me, correspond with the
      > above;
      >
      > St John of the Cross wrote this and it is called;
      > The dark night of the spirit
      >
      > This dark night is an inflowing of God, into the soul, which
      purges
      > it from its ignorance and its habitual-natural and spiritual-
      > imperfections. The theologians call it infused contemplation and
      > treat of it in mystical theology. In this state God mysteriously
      > teaches the soul the perfection of love, without its doing
      anything
      > and without its understanding the nature of this infused
      > contemplation. For what produces such striking effects in the
      soul
      > is the loving wisdom of God, which by its purifying and
      illuminating
      > action prepares the soul for the union of love with God. And this
      > loving wisdom is the same which also purifies and illumines the
      > blessed spirits.
      >
      > But now the question arises: Why does the soul call this Divine
      > light a dark night? The answer is that for two reasons this
      Divine
> [...]
      light
      > of contemplation invades a soul, which is not yet wholly
      illumined,
      > it causes spiritual darkness in it; for it not only transcends the
      > soul's natural intellectual capacity, but it also drowns out and
      > darkens the act of intellection. This is why Dionysius (the
      > Areopagite) and other mystical theologians call this infused
      > contemplation a ray of darkness for the soul that is not yet
      wholly
      > purified and illumined.
      >
      > And (with respect to the second point) it is clear that this dark
      > contemplation is in its early stages very painful to the soul;
      for,
      > as this Divine infused contemplation comprises in itself a
      plentitude
      > of the highest perfections, and since the soul which receives them
      is
      > not yet wholly purified and thus still engulfed in a sea of
      miseries,
      > it follows that – because two contraries cannot coexist in one
      > subject – the soul must of necessity endure much pain and
      suffering.
      > Thus, when this pure light invades the soul feels its own impurity
      so
      > intensely that it believes God to be its enemy and comes to think
      of
      > itself as an enemy of God.
      >
      > This causes it so much grief and sadness that it feels actually
      > rejected and forsaken by God. And what gives it the greatest pain
      is
      > the fear that it will never be worthy of God and that therefore
      all
      > its blessings are lost for ever. For this Divine and dark light
      now
      > reveals to the soul's sight all its faults and miseries, so that
      it
      > may see clearly how by its own powers it can never have anything
      else.

      > The second kind of torment which the soul suffers is caused by its
      > natural, moral, and spiritual weakness; for when the Divine
      > contemplation takes hold of the soul with some degree of violence,
      in
      > order to strengthen it and make it obedient, it suffers so much
      pain
      > in its weakness that it almost faints. Both sense and spirit
      suffer
      > such pain and agony as if they were weighed down by some immense
      > load, so that even death would appear as a release and relief.
      >
      > And it is indeed very strange and very sad that the soul is so
      weak
      > and impure that the light and gentle hand of God appears to it as
      > such a prodigious weight and such hostile force, since this hand
      does
      > not really weigh the soul down, but only touches it mercifully, in
      > order to bestow favors and graces upon it.

    • carynlouise
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 2007
        --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Hale" <sardisian01@...>
        wrote:

        Isn't Venus actually Mercury, according to spiritual science?

        > Steve

        Hi

        In Cosmic memory RS speaks about the old Saturn, Sun and Moon stages
        in the evolution of Earth. As far as I understand Venus is Venus and
        Mercury is Mercury.

        Description of Venus from my studies;

        Venus
        Venus represents the spiritual side of the native as manifest in his
        physical life, and it is an index of the ability of the subject to
        enjoy beauty and to co-operate with others. It is traditionally
        termed the 'planet of love', and is indeed a useful indicator of how
        the subject loves the world and all its rich manifestations: it
        governs also the higher emotions, and the general refinement of the
        individual. Venus has rule over zodiacal Taurus and Libra: in the
        first sign we find the love of the Earth manifesting as a refining
        principle which leads to the creative manipulation of materiality, as
        well as love for sensual experience such as only the physical body
        may afford. In the second sign Libra, we find the love of the air
        type, which is for communication and harmony of expression, both
        emphasised and intensified in Libra. The sigil for Venus represents
        the circle of spirit (which contains all spiritual potential) lifted
        by the cross of materiality, suggesting that the Venusian nature may
        be regarded as equivalent to a 'refined or redeemed earthly
        quality'. Traditionally the planet rules the small of the back and
        rules the parathyroids, connected with the arterial system. The
        planetary colours of Venus is blues, pastel shades, greens,
        indigo, 'soft-pale' blues. The ruling Archangel is Hamiel.

        Mercury
        Has rule over Gemini and Virgo. Mercury represents the ability to
        communicate with others and rules human speech. Mercury is an index
        of mentality, though it is concerned with the details, with short
        term reactions, with memory and with day-to-day problems, rather than
        with profound metaphysical thought, which is really the domain of
        Jupiter. The Mercurian personality is sensitive to the environment,
        and will tend to pick up influences from those around.
        Traditionally, Mercury rules the hands and arms of the human body, as
        well as the lungs. Mercury is a useful index of how the nervous
        energies will flow and manifest. Mercury rules the thyroid and the
        pulmonary system. The planetary colours of Mercury is azure, violet,
        soft-browns and spotted mixtures. The ruling Archangel is Raphael.

        The interesting thing is we would think (according to the Venus
        transit post article) the so called telepathic ability would come
        from Mercury; being the planet of communication however, it is coming
        from Venus. Steiner spoke about the Venus transit (link below) and
        in this lecture he says during a Venus transit (a 218 year event) we
        are to receive the consciousness of Venus.

        The Evolution of the Earth and Man and The Influence of the Stars
        LECTURE XI (Venus transit)
        http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/EvoEarMan/19240913p01.html

        Regards
        Caryn