Venus Transit 2004

  • carynlouise
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2007
      Hi all, I was going through my notes and came across this article I
      had printed out in 2004. I re-found the link in the archive of the
      below link and copy it out here. I think it is the best article I
      have read on the above transit. It also corresponds with John
      Jocelyns writing on the Hierarchy. What do you think?

      http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/Venus_Transit/id/2042

      Venus Transit of June 8, 2004 A Breakthrough of Intuitive Awareness
      By Carl-Johan Calleman and Anders Bjarstedt

      The purpose of this article is to describe the role of the Oneness
      Celebration at the Venus transit on June 8, 2004 in its larger
      context. This will clearly be the astronomical event of the year. To
      begin with, a Venus transit is an astronomical event where the planet
      Venus passes between the Earth and the sun a sort of eclipse. Venus
      transits lasts for 6-7 hours and come in pairs separated by exactly 8
      earth years minus two days. As far as human measures go such pairs of
      transits occur only rarely.

      Below is a list of the years of the most recent occurrences, where
      the second transit in the pair is given within parentheses:

      1518 (1526)
      1631 (1639)
      1761 (1769)
      1874 (1882)
      2004 (2012)

      Since there is no person alive today who was born in 1882 or earlier
      the Venus transit in 2004 will be everyones first such experience.
      What may we then expect from this occurrence? To find out it is
      certainly worth studying what happened in the world earlier in the
      first of these pairs of transits.

      We may then note that 1518 was when the first circumnavigation of the
      globe by Magellan/del Cano was launched (they set sail in 1519). The
      impact on the minds of people of this accomplishment was enormous.
      Through their journey these captains had shown in practice that the
      world was not flat, but spherical. In the following years a new world
      view emerged in which it was clear that humans inhabited a globe. The
      time of speculation was over and this may be said to have been the
      first step in the development of a Global Brain.

      The next pair of Venus transits approximately coincided with the
      emergence of the first national mail services (Denmark, 1624; Sweden,
      1636) and so also seems to be associated with human communications.
      Written communications between people, initially in certain
      countries, then became routine even over long distances. The second
      in this pair of Venus transits is the first that is known to have
      been observed by humans.

      In the Venus transit of 1761 there is much information to be found.
      The study of this event had long been prepared for by astronomers,
      who were planning to use their observations as a means of measuring
      the distance to the sun. This goal could however only be accomplished
      if observations were made all around the world, and for this to
      happen astronomers in different countries needed to collaborate.

      The transit of Venus across the Sun was observed in 77 different
      places ranging from Karesuando to Pondicherry including Tobolsk,
      Tahiti, Beijing and Philadelphia. The point to realize here is that
      this was the first international collaboration project ever in
      science. Never before had scientists belonging to different national
      academies collaborated and it was the Venus transit that compelled
      them to do so. It may in fact be asked if this was the first
      international collaboration project of any kind, wherein different
      nations collaborated as such.

      Regardless, an important step was taken in bringing the planet
      together and it was initiated through an impulse from the Earths
      sister planet Venus. Putting the idea of international collaboration
      into practice was a crucial step in connecting the different peoples
      of the world.

      The Venus transit in 1874 coincided with two very notable occurrences
      in the development of the Earth into a Global Brain: The founding of
      the World Post Union, and the completion of the Atlantic telegraph
      cable in the same year, which both marked fundamental steps in the
      development of global communications.

      In 1874, moreover, Bell had his first idea of a telephone, which was
      patented two years later. In this year it became possible, for the
      first time, for people to routinely communicate around the globe as
      rapid means for this were developed. Needless to say, todays Internet
      would not have been possible without these preparatory steps in the
      development of global telecommunications.

      Considering the occurrences accompanying these earlier Venus
      transits, and the steps forward in global communications and the
      evolution of the global brain that these have entailed, it is timely
      to ask what will happen as the next one takes place in 2004. What
      events and changes will accompany this? A fundamental difference
      compared to previous transits is the advanced state of global
      communications that now already exists. Hence, almost everyone in the
      world will, through newspapers, letters, telephones and the Internet,
      have advance notice of this Venus transit. The new steps forward on
      the path of humanity will be taken within the framework of the Global
      Brain with its nerve threads, i.e. the telecommunications network,
      that already exist.

      Although this development of the Global Brain has been favoured by
      the energies of the katuns (periods of 20 x 360 days = 19.7 years) in
      the Mayan calendar in which the Venus transits have occurred, it is
      hard to avoid the impression that the very transit of Venus across
      the sun has somehow served to concentrate these energies and has sent
      an intensifying beam to planet Earth. During the Venus transits the
      cosmic energies were thus strongly amplified.

      There are however many good reasons to believe that the Venus transit
      on June 8, 2004, in contrast to at earlier times, will herald a
      development of communications between human beings that is not based
      on technology. The chief reason is that we are now at a stage, the
      Galactic Underworld in the Mayan calendar, that favours the right
      brain half and the intuitive faculties of our mind that are mediated
      by this. And so, we may expect that the upcoming Venus transit will
      launch an era of communications utilizing mental rather than
      electromagnetic fields.

      This new field, unlike gravitation in the National Underworld and
      electricity in the Planetary, will emerge as a synchronizing field of
      consciousness favoring spontaneous flow rather than linear planning.
      (Unfortunately it is not widely known that the different Underworlds
      in the Mayan calendar determine what fields are open to human beings
      to use for communications). Of course, this intuitive field may to
      some extent always have existed, but following the upcoming Venus
      transit human awareness of it will increase dramatically. This field
      favoring telepathic communication may be the most important factor in
      bringing about a harmonizing effect on the Global Brain. It is
      primarily mediated by the right brain half that at the current stage
      is favored by the cosmos, and may be the field of communication that
      turns the Earth into a new being, Gaia harmonica.

      It seems obvious to a lot of people that the number of
      synchronicities (someone calling just when you think of him or her,
      etc) has increased sharply in recent times. Yet, these are really
      only weak premonitions of the full effects of the telepathic field
      that will now emerge. If a sufficient number of people become
      connected through this field we may expect that they will be able to
      harmonize their activities in a much more natural way than is
      currently the case. To support the emergence of this is the whole
      point with the Oneness Celebration. It may then be in its place to
      discuss the relationship between telepathy and the Oneness
      Celebration of June 6-8, 2004. If the incorporation of a new field of
      intuitive mental communication is the next step in the development of
      the Global Brain, how will this affect us as individuals? Before
      going into this it should be recognized that it is impossible to tell
      exactly what the effects of this emerging field of telepathy will be.

      (Imagine yourself a year before the first circumnavigation of the
      earth or the first global telecommunications trying to grasp the
      consequences.)
      In fact, the Oneness Celebration may be regarded only as the great
      opening into this new field. Being able to see into, resonate with
      and connect to the thoughts and minds of others must however have a
      host of consequences that are difficult to predict in detail, but
      still important to ponder. To many that are unprepared some of the
      changes may in fact be shocking or hard to understand. Yet, if we
      imagine a world without secrets, where you and others are unable to
      hide their thoughts from each other, and where we, in a much more
      profound sense than currently, are all one, what would life be like?

      If intentions or thoughts can not be hidden in this strengthened
      field of intuition an enormous amount of plotting against other
      persons, hidden agendas, etc, would become useless. Manipulation
      would cease. Hostile plans for deceiving others, in personal
      relations or in business, would loose their effectiveness. Plans for
      hurting others through crime, terror or warfare will become
      transparent. In general, it will be obvious to everyone when someone
      puts his own interest above the larger whole. Of course, that
      manipulative behavior or hidden agendas become clearly visible does
      not mean that they immediately would cease, but clear visibility
      would give others more of a choice as to how to relate to those with
      hidden motives.

      Those that enter fully into this new field will themselves come to
      live in a world that is much more joyous than previously. Honesty and
      truthfulness will breed love. The downplaying of conflicts between
      them will allow them to function harmoniously amongst themselves. If
      we are able to co-create such a field we would start to become one in
      a very real sense. As we do, relationships between different
      individuals, or groups of people, will start to harmonize to a degree
      where it is obvious that hurting another is tantamount to hurting
      yourself. At the present time, this idea, that hurting someone else
      means hurting yourself however still has much the character of a nice
      thought, something that express how you think things should be
      although they really are not. The added clarity of the new vision
      will alter this.

      The breakthrough of a new level of telepathic contact would also mean
      that we add a new field of communication to the development of the
      Global Brain. This field would bring harmony, since through this
      everyone would be attuned to everybody else and to the purpose of the
      cosmic plan as well.

      While there may remain limits to our ability to enter other people�s
      minds, it seems likely that our sensitivity to the existence of
      hidden compartments, stored hidden agendas, etc., in others will
      increase dramatically. Maintaining such will be a characteristic of
      those that choose to see the world through duality and separateness.
      Of course, if other people can read your thoughts and be certain
      about your intentions, many would feel that they would loose
      something from this. This would include many that have judgmental
      thoughts about themselves and so want to hide parts of their inner
      reality. In fact, many whose intentions are not aligned with the
      higher good of all will probably avoid breaking through into Oneness.
      While it seems obvious that even in the short term the survival of
      planet Earth will be favoured by human beings getting to know how to
      utilize more extensive fields of telepathic contact, this would have
      implications that not everyone is likely to desire.

      As should be obvious from the initial discussion Venus transits may
      be alone among astronomical events to have a track record that
      associates them with major steps in the development of the Global
      Brain. (The completion of the Atlantic telegraph cable in 1874 may
      for instance be seen as the creation of a kind of corpus callosum
      connecting its Western and Eastern Hemispheres). Because of this
      track record the Oneness Celebration at this Venus transit is not
      just another one in a number of global meditations that for different
      reasons have been proposed in recent years. Rather, previous ones,
      most notably the Harmonic Convergence or Harmonic Concordance, may be
      regarded as preparatory for the Oneness Celebration, the Venus
      transit of June 8, 2004. This will carry the major breakthrough in
      the development of a new telepathic field on planet Earth, and the co-
      creation of this is a pre-requisite for attaining the Enlightened
      state of Oneness by the time the next in this pair of Venus transits
      occurs on June 6, 2012. For all those wanting to help birth Gaia
      harmonica, the new harmonious Global Brain, the Oneness Celebration
      is the time to do it.

      Now, of course, some will say that this field will just emerge
      regardless of what we do. Did not the Venus transit in 1518 trigger
      the first circumnavigation of the Earth without this transit even
      being known to the world? some may ask. Well, maybe we should not be
      so sure that our own participation is irrelevant. After all, what it
      is all about at the upcomin occasion is the emergence of a mental
      field that it is we, the human beings, that are the carriers of. It
      is entirely possible that a conscious participation and awareness is
      needed this time around. Maybe in fact those that participate fully
      in such a way as to receive the new light to the right brain half
      will be the meek who will inherit the Earth.

      What seems likely is that those that truly want to live in accordance
      with the harmonizing new field of Gaia harmonica should take the
      opportunity of absorbing the energy of the Venus transit fully and
      create such a field amongst themselves. This absorption includes the
      communication in our own individual brains between the logical left
      brain and the intuitive right brain, where it is now the latter that
      will be strengthened. And so, while it is possible that the new field
      will be there regardless of what we do, it is possible that to get an
      entrance ticket we need to act as co-creators. Integrating this
      intuitive field and unifying the mentalities of the brain halves, we
      may also surmise, are pre-requisites for attaining the Enlightened
      state in the years ahead. Although there are a few that may already
      have attained this state as individuals, in the case of the Venus
      transit we are talking about a major collective push towards that
      state; Mass Enlightenment.

      Really, what the Oneness Celebration means is a choice, a choice as
      to whether to continue living as a separate individual or to
      harmonize your life with the greater whole, the Oneness of Gaia
      harmonica, which fully experienced is Enlightenment. The upcoming
      Venus transit will thus present us, individually and collectively,
      with a very important choice to participate or not to participate. To
      enter the new field or remain in duality. Telepathy is a meaningless
      concept if it applies only to a single individual. Only if a
      significant number of people break through to this new field of
      communication will any individual, in the full meaning of the word,
      be able to attain the state of Enlightenment. Thus, there is a need
      for a collective breakthrough into the new telepathic field of
      communication.

      There has been some wondering among people why the changes brought
      about by the Galactic Underworld (which began Jan 5, 1999) have, thus
      far, seemed so relatively minor. Maybe we have now found the reason
      that this is that this Underworld has not yet been activated by a
      beam of a Venus transit. Both the National and Planetary Underworlds
      had activating Venus transits in their very first katuns, and one
      name used for the Mayan Long Count (National Underworld) was in fact
      the Birth of Venus. In the Galactic Underworld, we have had to wait
      until the Third Night for this to happen. The Venus transit of June
      8, 2004 may be what really activates the new level of consciousness
      on.

      This overall purpose of the Oneness Celebration of birthing a new
      field of telepathic communication has consequences for the type of
      meditation that we should conduct during this occasion. If we are
      open to letting Gaia develop a new field of telepathic contact, then
      the focus of the meditation should be to open ourselves up to this.
      Given that it is the right brain half, in resonance with the Eastern
      Hemisphere, that primarily will mediate this new field then this fact
      must be taken into account in shaping your meditation. If we, in a
      meditative alpha state with eyes closed, visualize Light, Cosmic
      Intelligence, entering through our right brain, and then let this
      form an infinite loop including the left brain for a sustained period
      during the Venus transit, then this would mean that we could enter
      the new field of telepathic contact. If this happens we will
      eventually come to live in a completely open and honest world, free
      of conflicts. This love may be ours if we are open to the harmonizing
      effects of the new field!

      Certainly, if a world of extended intuitive awareness seems like a
      welcome possibility to you, we urge you to network this idea and
      start making presentations on a regular basis to friends and anyone
      you may be in contact with. There is no money to gain and there is no
      money to loose, but a new world for us all to win. If there is
      anything we can be helpful with or have plans for the occasion that
      you would like to share please contact us at
      info@....

      Anders Bj�rstedt has the web page www.stroker.se (in Swedish). He
      lives in Malm�, Sweden.

      Carl Johan Calleman is one of the main teachers at the Oneness
      Festival , the spiritual retreats including topics like
      Enlightenment, Mayan Calendar, The Venus Transit and the significance
      of the year 2012. He is also the author of Solving the Greatest
      Mystery of Our Time: The Mayan Calendar and the forthcoming The Mayan
      calendar and the Transformation of Consciousness.

      --- John Jocelyn 'Meditations on the signs of the Zodiac'

      Seven Archangels – the six Planetary Intelligences and the Sun
      Intelligence – in regularity of rotation serve as regents, directing
      and guiding the evolution of mankind by determining the fundamental
      character of successive minor ages.

      Our Age of Michael, Exalted Sun Intelligence, began in 1879 and will
      last for three to four hundred years; the Michael impulse manifests
      as spiritual intelligence, cosmopolitanism, and cosmic Christianity.
      With the aid of Michael – now the Countenance of the Christ, as
      formerly he was the Countenance of Jehovah – man will be able to
      spiritualise his intelligence and the conditions of life that immerse
      him so deeply in matter.

      --- I also place here writings which, to me, correspond with the
      above;

      St John of the Cross wrote this and it is called;
      The dark night of the spirit

      This dark night is an inflowing of God, into the soul, which purges
      it from its ignorance and its habitual-natural and spiritual-
      imperfections. The theologians call it infused contemplation and
      treat of it in mystical theology. In this state God mysteriously
      teaches the soul the perfection of love, without its doing anything
      and without its understanding the nature of this infused
      contemplation. For what produces such striking effects in the soul
      is the loving wisdom of God, which by its purifying and illuminating
      action prepares the soul for the union of love with God. And this
      loving wisdom is the same which also purifies and illumines the
      blessed spirits.

      But now the question arises: Why does the soul call this Divine
      light a dark night? The answer is that for two reasons this Divine
      wisdom is for the soul not only night and darkness, but also
      affliction and torment. The first reason is the sublime grandeur of
      Divine Wisdom, which transcends the capacity of the soul and is
      therefore darkness to it. The second reason is the lowliness and
      impurity of the soul, and in this respect Divine Wisdom is for the
      soul painful, bitter and dark.

      In order to prove the first point, we must refer to a doctrine of the
      Philosopher, which says that, the clearer and more manifest Divine
      things are in themselves, the darker and more hidden they are to the
      soul; just as, the brighter the light is, the more it blinds and
      darkens the eye of the night-owl. When, therefore, this Divine light
      of contemplation invades a soul, which is not yet wholly illumined,
      it causes spiritual darkness in it; for it not only transcends the
      soul's natural intellectual capacity, but it also drowns out and
      darkens the act of intellection. This is why Dionysius (the
      Areopagite) and other mystical theologians call this infused
      contemplation a ray of darkness for the soul that is not yet wholly
      purified and illumined.

      And (with respect to the second point) it is clear that this dark
      contemplation is in its early stages very painful to the soul; for,
      as this Divine infused contemplation comprises in itself a plentitude
      of the highest perfections, and since the soul which receives them is
      not yet wholly purified and thus still engulfed in a sea of miseries,
      it follows that – because two contraries cannot coexist in one
      subject – the soul must of necessity endure much pain and suffering.
      Thus, when this pure light invades the soul feels its own impurity so
      intensely that it believes God to be its enemy and comes to think of
      itself as an enemy of God.

      This causes it so much grief and sadness that it feels actually
      rejected and forsaken by God. And what gives it the greatest pain is
      the fear that it will never be worthy of God and that therefore all
      its blessings are lost for ever. For this Divine and dark light now
      reveals to the soul's sight all its faults and miseries, so that it
      may see clearly how by its own powers it can never have anything else.

      The second kind of torment which the soul suffers is caused by its
      natural, moral, and spiritual weakness; for when the Divine
      contemplation takes hold of the soul with some degree of violence, in
      order to strengthen it and make it obedient, it suffers so much pain
      in its weakness that it almost faints. Both sense and spirit suffer
      such pain and agony as if they were weighed down by some immense
      load, so that even death would appear as a release and relief.

      And it is indeed very strange and very sad that the soul is so weak
      and impure that the light and gentle hand of God appears to it as
      such a prodigious weight and such hostile force, since this hand does
      not really weigh the soul down, but only touches it mercifully, in
      order to bestow favors and graces upon it.
    • Stephen Hale
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2007
        Isn't Venus actually Mercury, according to spiritual science?

        Steve

        --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "carynlouise" <carynlouise@...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 6, 2007
          --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Hale" <sardisian01@...>
          wrote:

          Isn't Venus actually Mercury, according to spiritual science?

          > Steve

          Hi

          In Cosmic memory RS speaks about the old Saturn, Sun and Moon stages
          in the evolution of Earth. As far as I understand Venus is Venus and
          Mercury is Mercury.

          Description of Venus from my studies;

          Venus
          Venus represents the spiritual side of the native as manifest in his
          physical life, and it is an index of the ability of the subject to
          enjoy beauty and to co-operate with others. It is traditionally
          termed the 'planet of love', and is indeed a useful indicator of how
          the subject loves the world and all its rich manifestations: it
          governs also the higher emotions, and the general refinement of the
          individual. Venus has rule over zodiacal Taurus and Libra: in the
          first sign we find the love of the Earth manifesting as a refining
          principle which leads to the creative manipulation of materiality, as
          well as love for sensual experience such as only the physical body
          may afford. In the second sign Libra, we find the love of the air
          type, which is for communication and harmony of expression, both
          emphasised and intensified in Libra. The sigil for Venus represents
          the circle of spirit (which contains all spiritual potential) lifted
          by the cross of materiality, suggesting that the Venusian nature may
          be regarded as equivalent to a 'refined or redeemed earthly
          quality'. Traditionally the planet rules the small of the back and
          rules the parathyroids, connected with the arterial system. The
          planetary colours of Venus is blues, pastel shades, greens,
          indigo, 'soft-pale' blues. The ruling Archangel is Hamiel.

          Mercury
          Has rule over Gemini and Virgo. Mercury represents the ability to
          communicate with others and rules human speech. Mercury is an index
          of mentality, though it is concerned with the details, with short
          term reactions, with memory and with day-to-day problems, rather than
          with profound metaphysical thought, which is really the domain of
          Jupiter. The Mercurian personality is sensitive to the environment,
          and will tend to pick up influences from those around.
          Traditionally, Mercury rules the hands and arms of the human body, as
          well as the lungs. Mercury is a useful index of how the nervous
          energies will flow and manifest. Mercury rules the thyroid and the
          pulmonary system. The planetary colours of Mercury is azure, violet,
          soft-browns and spotted mixtures. The ruling Archangel is Raphael.

          The interesting thing is we would think (according to the Venus
          transit post article) the so called telepathic ability would come
          from Mercury; being the planet of communication however, it is coming
          from Venus. Steiner spoke about the Venus transit (link below) and
          in this lecture he says during a Venus transit (a 218 year event) we
          are to receive the consciousness of Venus.

          The Evolution of the Earth and Man and The Influence of the Stars
          LECTURE XI (Venus transit)
          http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/EvoEarMan/19240913p01.html

          Regards
          Caryn