Ramtha

    Message 1 of 41 , May 15, 2007
      In 1989, as my peers were going off to college, I was pulling a
      Forester travel trailer up to Yelm, WA to become an initiate in JZ's
      University of Sophistry.

      The objective was enlightenment---as is every true hippys' ultimate
      goal. But instead of gaining any soulful revelation or far out
      cosmic truths, at JZs university I earned what is the equivalent of a
      Bachelor's degree in Ramthinian double speak and pseudo history, with
      a minor in quack science.

      Mind you, these aren't degrees you hang in your office. To the
      contrary, they're something you shake your head over before reaching
      for a handful of your own hair.

      My best guess now is that JZ fabricated the whole Ramtha character
      from scratch---even Ramtha's name. If you go to google maps you'll
      find a little cowtown in the Middle East, right at the Jordanian
      border with Syria, in the heart of the Arabic-Islamic world, called
      Ramtha. Could it be? Is it possible? Maybe JZ fabricated Ramtha's
      name by. . . pointing her finger at the map? Follow the link below
      and you be the judge.

      http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&hl=en&tab=wl&q=Ramtha%2C%
      20Jordan

      But here is where she stole his character---possibly. Look at the
      odd similarities between the Ramtha mythos and the actual life of the
      Prophet Mohammed, the founder of Islam. Both were illiterate. Both
      were orphaned at an early age. Both were warriors. Both conquered 2/3
      of the known world "by fire and sword." Both retreated from the
      world, Ramtha to a mountain top, Mohammed to a cave in a mountain,
      and spent their time in meditation and reflection before their
      profound revelations set them ablaze with cosmic purpose.

      When JZ tapped into the Ramtha mythos she was entering into the flow
      of thought streaming out of Arabism---not Indian thought, as you
      would expect. Ramtha claims that he is the great god Ram from the
      Hindu religion and that his teachings were the foundation of Hindu
      thought. That's an awful big pill to swallow. Even if you believe
      Ramtha is an ascended master channeling through JZ, you cannot ignore
      the lack of Indian expression-forms and, conversely, the plethora of
      Arabic elements in the Ramtha mythos: the Arabian horses, the
      concubines, the slaves, the Middle Eastern diet and cuisine, the
      clothing, the styles of warfare, etc.

      The whole feel to the Ramtha mythos is Arabic: i.e. the extensive, un-
      going warfare during his life time; the severe methods of capital
      punishment, like feeding heads to turtles; the killing of all
      children over ten, as Ramtha's army did when invading a nation. I
      could go on and on listing the tortures, the cruelties and the
      decadences committed by Ramtha's army during his life time. Yet that
      would belabor the point.

      Gnosticism itself is Arabic! Wikipedia calls Gnoticism "an outgrowth
      of ancient mystical traditions in Asia, especially Iran." The spirit
      and soul of Gnosticism rose up out of the rich Manichean tradition
      that flourished in the Middle East. Therefore it was no surprise when
      JZ re-named RSE: The American Gnostic School.

      On many occasions Ramtha talked about there being Arabian horses in
      his life time, 30,000 year ago. Read the history of Arabian horses
      and you'll see that they're a hallmark of Arabic breeding practices---
      not Post Atlantean, Hindu-Indian culture. According to Ramtha lore,
      the horse he used in his life was a steed named Shimiradin, which
      happened to reincarnate in our present era, as an Arabian, and is
      owned by JZ Knight. Call JZ for stud fees---not me.

      Ramtha also talked about harems and satraps, concubines and slaves,
      all institutions that are uniquely characteristic of ancient Arabic
      culture. The eunuchs, which Ramtha says guarded over harems, are also
      Arabic. Wikipedia says: "The earliest records for intentional
      castration to produce eunuchs are from the Sumerian cities of Lagash
      in the 21st century BC."

      Taking all these elements into consideration, we must assume then
      that Ramtha is an Arab myth shoddily constructed by an amateur with
      little to no education in world history.
    • saggitar4swas
      Message 41 of 41 , Jun 7, 2007
        What does the possession of a guns do to the soul of the possessor? In
        the case of the Swiss (who do military service - & only those who do
        hold weapons) is seems to add to their self-possession (nationally not
        always individually). The context seems important there. Canadians too
        seem (with a few rare exceptions able to manage the ownership of
        rifles - primarily for hunting). As for Iraq -

        > As we're learning now in Iraq, a well-armed militia filled with
        > patriots willing to kill and die for their nation is impossible to
        > rule over.

        The "free people of Iraq" as an example to all those who feel that free
        access to machines made for the sole purpose of killing might not be a
        good idea? Really, Matthew?

        And if guns should be available to all free people, why not durgs?
        After all a completely doped population have no reason to worry about
        invasion, or anything else...Where does the abortion issue fit in with
        a perspective that seems to see readines to maim or kill others as a
        major contribution "free" societies?

        Guns, no guns? - all this seems more a matter of simple commonsense -
        the best & only basis for Anthroposophy - than spiritual science.