Re: Life & Capricorn

  • carynlouise
    Message 1 of 17 , May 14 11:53 PM
      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Durward Starman" <DrStarman@...> wrote:

      *******Yes, it's a typo, Feb. 2. And the 25th date is because some
      people later found out the 27th was the day Steiner was baptized, so
      they figured he must have been born a few days earlier: but actually he
      was so weak when born that they gave him an emergency baptism the same
      day. He cast his chart himself and had the 27th as the day. 13 degrees
      Scorpio rising, by the way. As anyone could tell by the eyes and
      eyebrows. The North Node takes about a year and a half to go around the
      zodiac, so it's in the same sign for a month and a half.

      ~~~

      Thanks for clarity on Rudolf Steiner's birth date. Goethe is also
      Scorpio rising - the Eagle :)

      What a glorious day the 27th Feb 1861 was that this humble but
      magnificent man Rudolf Steiner was born.

      Gloria.

      ~~~
    • carynlouise
      Message 2 of 17 , May 15 6:23 AM
        (My apologies if it seems im flooding the board!)

        Sir George Trevelyan & Edward Matchett `Twelve Seats at the Round
        Table' Zodiac Development Exercise

        Taurus

        Undifferentiated Receptivity

        Purpose of exercise: Learning to put all of life's experiences to
        more positive and meaningful use.

        `Little Jack Horner
        Sat in a corner,
        Eating his Christmas pie.
        He put in his thumb
        And pulled out a plum,
        And said, What a good boy am I'

        Jack Horner seems a little overpleased with himself, but nothing of
        significance can be achieved without collecting and valuing the
        fruits of the past, and making them secure for further use. It is
        particularly important that the highlights of one's experiences and
        attainments become the stepping stones to new levels of endeavour and
        achievement.

        Reflect on your whole range of life experiences and attainments and
        choose twenty or so moments from this whole pageant of life, when you
        were conscious of a greater richness of content, a higher level or
        quality of insight and/or attainment than at other times. Hopefully
        certain of these moments will be associated with actual personal
        achievements, but it is neither necessary nor desirable that all of
        them should be.

        Discriminate very carefully, replacing some potential candidates with
        others until you possess a mental snap-shot album of twenty items
        that you believe to be especially important. In making your final
        selection take care that these memories are not all of one kind.
        They should be a balanced feast of the fruits of life.

        Having made your selection dwell on them long and often. Write down
        your thoughts and feelings about these matters and keep extending the
        depth of detail and the intimacy of observation. Do not concern
        yourself with how this material is to enter into new creations that
        you will produce. Simply select your fruit and let it find it's own
        way into the `Christmas pudding'.

        Whenever you decide to repeat this exercise, make a determined effort
        to locate examples and aspects of your work and experiences where
        some new `high' has been savoured, especially where this is in an
        altogether new direction. But do not then neglect the earlier
        treasures. Simply process these further until you gain yet further
        insights concerning them, and a renewed sense of their importance and
        value. Always take care to continue the processing until there is a
        clear knowledge of what you are valuing.

        Taurus's contribution to the Round Table-

        Intelligent Openness, to self, to other people, the total problem
        situation and whole range of life-experiences to find help, energy
        and inspiration for the task in hand. No experience is too
        insignificant and no realm too vast, exalted or obscure to be
        obtained in the work which this knight has to perform.

        ***
      • carynlouise
        Message 3 of 17 , May 28 2:48 AM
          Johann Wolfgang von Goethe : 28 August 1749 – 22 March 1832 : Virgo
          Capricorn: North Node

          Leonardo da Vinci : 15 April 1452 – 2 May 1519 : Aries
          Capricorn : North Node

          Dante Alighieri : 14 May/13 June 1265 – 13/14 September 1321 : Aries?
          Taurus?
          Capricorn : North Node

          Rudolf Steiner : 27 February 1861 : Pisces
          Capricorn : North Node

          --- I have been contemplating why we were shown the above great
          people's North Nodes in Capricorn. Reading part of Alice Bailey's
          Capricorn account in Fred Gettings Astrology; may add further -

          Gate of Death - name applied to the sign Capricorn, sometimes to the
          Sphere of Saturn. In esoteric astrology it is said that the soul in
          its post mortem experience aspires to travel to the Sphere of Saturn,
          which marks the boundaries of time, and it is almost certain this
          association which gives rise to the term. Equally, since Cancer is
          associated with the Gate of Birth, it is probable that, by virtue of
          being the extreme polarity of this sign, Capricorn was by extension
          associated with death, as the Throne of that Planet which marked the
          end of time. (See, also Crocodile) In her account of esoteric
          astrology, Bailey says that the sign Capricorn has been recognized down
          the ages as the 'doorway into life of those who know not death'.

          ****
          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 6, 2007
            Interesting to me as I also have the North Node in Capricorn.

            >From: "carynlouise" <carynlouise@...>
            >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [steiner] Re: Life & Capricorn
            >Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 09:48:02 -0000
            >
            >Johann Wolfgang von Goethe : 28 August 1749 � 22 March 1832 : Virgo
            >Capricorn: North Node
            >
            >Leonardo da Vinci : 15 April 1452 � 2 May 1519 : Aries
            >Capricorn : North Node
            >
            >Dante Alighieri : 14 May/13 June 1265 � 13/14 September 1321 : Aries?
            >Taurus?
            >Capricorn : North Node
            >
            >Rudolf Steiner : 27 February 1861 : Pisces
            >Capricorn : North Node
            >
            >--- I have been contemplating why we were shown the above great
            >people's North Nodes in Capricorn. Reading part of Alice Bailey's
            >Capricorn account in Fred Gettings Astrology; may add further -
            >
            >Gate of Death - name applied to the sign Capricorn, sometimes to the
            >Sphere of Saturn. In esoteric astrology it is said that the soul in
            >its post mortem experience aspires to travel to the Sphere of Saturn,
            >which marks the boundaries of time, and it is almost certain this
            >association which gives rise to the term. Equally, since Cancer is
            >associated with the Gate of Birth, it is probable that, by virtue of
            >being the extreme polarity of this sign, Capricorn was by extension
            >associated with death, as the Throne of that Planet which marked the
            >end of time. (See, also Crocodile) In her account of esoteric
            >astrology, Bailey says that the sign Capricorn has been recognized down
            >the ages as the 'doorway into life of those who know not death'.
            >
            >****

          • carynlouise
            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 7, 2007

              From: "carynlouise" <carynlouise@...>
              To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: [steiner] Re: Life & Capricorn
              Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 09:48:02 -0000

[...]

              There's a thing! It is an interesting placement. Starman you right
              to say we shouldn't discuss politics - it only gets everybody in a
              tizz and we should leave it to the politicians - we'll find far more
              answers in the heavens!

              We should all try get on finding common ground in the Zodiac - maybe
              Stephen's North Node is also in Capricorn! Matthew's North Node is in
              Pisces - there's a thing! My North Node is in Gemini :) Now this
              means .. erm what does this mean!

              I realise in my Venus Transit post - the RS link talks about the
              Transit but not the Venus consciousness. This link does:

              http://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA011/CM/GA011_c13.html;mark=218,22,27#W
              N_mark
              Cosmic Memory
              The Earth and Its Future

              I wonder if this has to do with the coming of the Sun in the vernal
              equinox of Aquarius?