Re: sugar

  • carynlouise
    Message 1 of 7 , May 14, 2007
      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Durward Starman" <DrStarman@...>
      wrote:

      *******Well, when I said sugar, I didn't mean only refined white
      sugar. Fruit, honey----they're all forms of sugar.

      And Capricorn is also the sign of discipline and self-control. ;-)
      I have some similarities to Capricorn, having the Sun conjunct its
      ruler Saturn---- just married a Capricorn, for the second time!----
      and I also voluntarily took up observing "Lent" as a tool for self-
      control. What led me back to the old Catholic tradition was finding
      out that in the spring the body wants to burn off the winter fat, but
      burning it releases toxins into the bloodstream, so fasting and
      cleansing is called for. And right at that time the old traditional
      wisdom placed a season of fasting.

      From: "Mathew Morrell" <tma4cbt@...>
      To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [steiner] sugar
      Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 18:14:17 -0000

      About a year and a half ago I quit sugar for lent, and haven't eatn'
      any since then. I'm not Catholic (I can dance and play guitar) but
      their renunciation programs like lent have always appealed to my
      ascetic personality. Discipline in whatever form is a great tool for
      lifting my spirits out of the earth element and into the sun-warmed
      air of creative activity.

      Melencholics need sugar, as I'm told, and I agree. What I've done to
      replace my excessive craving for sugar is to eat fruit---bannanas and
      apples mostly---along with complex carbohydrates, specifically grains.
      Consequently I'm back down to a good weight again and feeling good.

      ~~~

      It is wonderful how people enter our lives for a reason :) You are a
      Leo if I recall rightly Dr. Starman - a mighty fine sign indeed. I
      have no aspects or planets in my Capricorn in the 11th house. It is
      said, sometimes, its the sign which has no planets in or aspects made
      to which need looking at.

      Message 2 of 7 , May 15, 2007
        *******No, I'm a Scorpio----4 planets in Scorpio and 3 in Cancer, with
        Aquarius rising. Those 3 signs account for almost all my planets. I have
        only Pluto in Leo, as everyone for 20 years did.

        >It is wonderful how people enter our lives for a reason :) You are a
        >Leo if I recall rightly Dr. Starman - a mighty fine sign indeed. I
        >have no aspects or planets in my Capricorn in the 11th house. It is
        >said, sometimes, its the sign which has no planets in or aspects made
        >to which need looking at.

        Like the way Microsoft Office Outlook works? You�ll love Windows Live
        Hotmail.
        http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_outlook_0507
      • carynlouise
        Message 3 of 7 , May 15, 2007
          --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Durward Starman" <DrStarman@...> wrote:

          *******No, I'm a Scorpio----4 planets in Scorpio and 3 in Cancer, with
          Aquarius rising. Those 3 signs account for almost all my planets. I
          have only Pluto in Leo, as everyone for 20 years did.

          It is wonderful how people enter our lives for a reason :) You are a
          Leo if I recall rightly Dr. Starman - a mighty fine sign indeed. I
          have no aspects or planets in my Capricorn in the 11th house. It is
          said, sometimes, its the sign which has no planets in or aspects made
          to which need looking at.

          ~~~

          Scorpio okay! That's quite a line up :) Scorpio 'The Light of Day',
          Cancer 'The Light within the form', Aquarius 'The Light that shines on
          Earth across the Sea', Leo 'The Light of the Soul' (Capricorn
          being 'The Light of Initiation').

          Scorpio, water & Capricorn, earth blending nicely.

          I'm the generation of Pluto in Virgo :)

          My regards
          Caryn