RE: [steiner] Re: Life & Capricorn

    Message 1 of 17 , May 14, 2007
      *******Yes, it's a typo, Feb. 2. And the 25th date is because some people
      later found out the 27th was the day Steiner was baptized, so they figured
      he must have been born a few days earlier: but actually he was so weak when
      born that they gave him an emergency baptism the same day. He cast his chart
      himself and had the 27th as the day. 13 degrees Scorpio rising, by the way.
      As anyone could tell by the eyes and eyebrows.

      The North Node takes about a year and a half to go around the zodiac, so
      it's in the same sign for a month and a half.

      >From: "carynlouise" <carynlouise@...>
      >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [steiner] Re: Life & Capricorn
      >Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 13:25:14 -0000
      >
      >... and Rudolf Steiner's North Node is in Capricorn ...
      >
      >now there's a thing amazing!
      >
      >Dr Starman; I've come across three conflicting birth dates for
      >Rudolf -
      >
      >1. 27 February 1861
      >http://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA008/English/RPC1961/GA008_sketch.html
      >
      >2. 2 February 1861
      >http://www.rsarchive.org/Links/out_frame.php?
      >PHPSESSID=03df36df7ed64d505614731993359c6a&ID=124
      >
      >3. 25 February 1861
      >http://www.rsarchive.org/Forums/view.php?
      >bn=eliboard&key=1020471720&first=&last=1007776636&here
      >
      >I have always thought the 27th - Pisces. Of course the 2nd would
      >make him an Aquarian.
      >
      >mmm maybe the 2nd is a typo error?
      >
      >It doesn't change the North Node position though;
      >http://www.khaldea.com/kldaephem/1800/feb1861gmt.shtml
      >

      >(just like to add here, my huge respects to the Rudolf Steiner
      >Archive - you are great)

      Live Hotmail.
    • carynlouise
      Message 2 of 17 , May 14, 2007
        --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Durward Starman" <DrStarman@...> wrote:

        *******Yes, it's a typo, Feb. 2. And the 25th date is because some
        people later found out the 27th was the day Steiner was baptized, so
        they figured he must have been born a few days earlier: but actually he
        was so weak when born that they gave him an emergency baptism the same
        day. He cast his chart himself and had the 27th as the day. 13 degrees
        Scorpio rising, by the way. As anyone could tell by the eyes and
        eyebrows. The North Node takes about a year and a half to go around the
        zodiac, so it's in the same sign for a month and a half.

        ~~~

        Thanks for clarity on Rudolf Steiner's birth date. Goethe is also
        Scorpio rising - the Eagle :)

        What a glorious day the 27th Feb 1861 was that this humble but
        magnificent man Rudolf Steiner was born.

        Gloria.

        ~~~
      • carynlouise
        Message 3 of 17 , May 15, 2007
          (My apologies if it seems im flooding the board!)

          Sir George Trevelyan & Edward Matchett `Twelve Seats at the Round
          Table' Zodiac Development Exercise

          Taurus

          Undifferentiated Receptivity

          Purpose of exercise: Learning to put all of life's experiences to
          more positive and meaningful use.

          `Little Jack Horner
          Sat in a corner,
          Eating his Christmas pie.
          He put in his thumb
          And pulled out a plum,
          And said, What a good boy am I'

          Jack Horner seems a little overpleased with himself, but nothing of
          significance can be achieved without collecting and valuing the
          fruits of the past, and making them secure for further use. It is
          particularly important that the highlights of one's experiences and
          attainments become the stepping stones to new levels of endeavour and
          achievement.

          Reflect on your whole range of life experiences and attainments and
          choose twenty or so moments from this whole pageant of life, when you
          were conscious of a greater richness of content, a higher level or
          quality of insight and/or attainment than at other times. Hopefully
          certain of these moments will be associated with actual personal
          achievements, but it is neither necessary nor desirable that all of
          them should be.

          Discriminate very carefully, replacing some potential candidates with
          others until you possess a mental snap-shot album of twenty items
          that you believe to be especially important. In making your final
          selection take care that these memories are not all of one kind.
          They should be a balanced feast of the fruits of life.

          Having made your selection dwell on them long and often. Write down
          your thoughts and feelings about these matters and keep extending the
          depth of detail and the intimacy of observation. Do not concern
          yourself with how this material is to enter into new creations that
          you will produce. Simply select your fruit and let it find it's own
          way into the `Christmas pudding'.

          Whenever you decide to repeat this exercise, make a determined effort
          to locate examples and aspects of your work and experiences where
          some new `high' has been savoured, especially where this is in an
          altogether new direction. But do not then neglect the earlier
          treasures. Simply process these further until you gain yet further
          insights concerning them, and a renewed sense of their importance and
          value. Always take care to continue the processing until there is a
          clear knowledge of what you are valuing.

          Taurus's contribution to the Round Table-

          Intelligent Openness, to self, to other people, the total problem
          situation and whole range of life-experiences to find help, energy
          and inspiration for the task in hand. No experience is too
          insignificant and no realm too vast, exalted or obscure to be
          obtained in the work which this knight has to perform.

          ***
        • carynlouise
          Message 4 of 17 , May 28, 2007
            Johann Wolfgang von Goethe : 28 August 1749 – 22 March 1832 : Virgo
            Capricorn: North Node

            Leonardo da Vinci : 15 April 1452 – 2 May 1519 : Aries
            Capricorn : North Node

            Dante Alighieri : 14 May/13 June 1265 – 13/14 September 1321 : Aries?
            Taurus?
            Capricorn : North Node

            Rudolf Steiner : 27 February 1861 : Pisces
            Capricorn : North Node

            --- I have been contemplating why we were shown the above great
            people's North Nodes in Capricorn. Reading part of Alice Bailey's
            Capricorn account in Fred Gettings Astrology; may add further -

            Gate of Death - name applied to the sign Capricorn, sometimes to the
            Sphere of Saturn. In esoteric astrology it is said that the soul in
            its post mortem experience aspires to travel to the Sphere of Saturn,
            which marks the boundaries of time, and it is almost certain this
            association which gives rise to the term. Equally, since Cancer is
            associated with the Gate of Birth, it is probable that, by virtue of
            being the extreme polarity of this sign, Capricorn was by extension
            associated with death, as the Throne of that Planet which marked the
            end of time. (See, also Crocodile) In her account of esoteric
            astrology, Bailey says that the sign Capricorn has been recognized down
            the ages as the 'doorway into life of those who know not death'.

            ****
            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 6, 2007
              Interesting to me as I also have the North Node in Capricorn.

              >From: "carynlouise" <carynlouise@...>
              >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [steiner] Re: Life & Capricorn
              >Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 09:48:02 -0000
              >
              >Johann Wolfgang von Goethe : 28 August 1749 � 22 March 1832 : Virgo
              >Capricorn: North Node
              >
              >Leonardo da Vinci : 15 April 1452 � 2 May 1519 : Aries
              >Capricorn : North Node
              >
              >Dante Alighieri : 14 May/13 June 1265 � 13/14 September 1321 : Aries?
              >Taurus?
              >Capricorn : North Node
              >
              >Rudolf Steiner : 27 February 1861 : Pisces
              >Capricorn : North Node
              >
              >--- I have been contemplating why we were shown the above great
              >people's North Nodes in Capricorn. Reading part of Alice Bailey's
              >Capricorn account in Fred Gettings Astrology; may add further -
              >
              >Gate of Death - name applied to the sign Capricorn, sometimes to the
              >Sphere of Saturn. In esoteric astrology it is said that the soul in
              >its post mortem experience aspires to travel to the Sphere of Saturn,
              >which marks the boundaries of time, and it is almost certain this
              >association which gives rise to the term. Equally, since Cancer is
              >associated with the Gate of Birth, it is probable that, by virtue of
              >being the extreme polarity of this sign, Capricorn was by extension
              >associated with death, as the Throne of that Planet which marked the
              >end of time. (See, also Crocodile) In her account of esoteric
              >astrology, Bailey says that the sign Capricorn has been recognized down
              >the ages as the 'doorway into life of those who know not death'.
              >
              >****

            • carynlouise
              Message 6 of 17 , Jun 7, 2007

                From: "carynlouise" <carynlouise@...>
                To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: [steiner] Re: Life & Capricorn
                Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 09:48:02 -0000

[...]

                There's a thing! It is an interesting placement. Starman you right
                to say we shouldn't discuss politics - it only gets everybody in a
                tizz and we should leave it to the politicians - we'll find far more
                answers in the heavens!

                We should all try get on finding common ground in the Zodiac - maybe
                Stephen's North Node is also in Capricorn! Matthew's North Node is in
                Pisces - there's a thing! My North Node is in Gemini :) Now this
                means .. erm what does this mean!

                I realise in my Venus Transit post - the RS link talks about the
                Transit but not the Venus consciousness. This link does:

                http://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA011/CM/GA011_c13.html;mark=218,22,27#W
                N_mark
                Cosmic Memory
                The Earth and Its Future

                I wonder if this has to do with the coming of the Sun in the vernal
                equinox of Aquarius?