Re: Life & Capricorn

  • carynlouise
    Message 1 of 17 , May 14, 2007
      ... and Rudolf Steiner's North Node is in Capricorn ...

      now there's a thing amazing!

      Dr Starman; I've come across three conflicting birth dates for
      Rudolf -

      1. 27 February 1861
      http://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA008/English/RPC1961/GA008_sketch.html

      2. 2 February 1861
      http://www.rsarchive.org/Links/out_frame.php?
      PHPSESSID=03df36df7ed64d505614731993359c6a&ID=124

      3. 25 February 1861
      http://www.rsarchive.org/Forums/view.php?
      bn=eliboard&key=1020471720&first=&last=1007776636&here

      I have always thought the 27th - Pisces. Of course the 2nd would
      make him an Aquarian.

      mmm maybe the 2nd is a typo error?

      It doesn't change the North Node position though;
      http://www.khaldea.com/kldaephem/1800/feb1861gmt.shtml

      (just like to add here, my huge respects to the Rudolf Steiner
      Archive - you are great)
    • carynlouise

        Message 3 of 17 , May 14, 2007
          *******Yes, it's a typo, Feb. 2. And the 25th date is because some people
          later found out the 27th was the day Steiner was baptized, so they figured
          he must have been born a few days earlier: but actually he was so weak when
          born that they gave him an emergency baptism the same day. He cast his chart
          himself and had the 27th as the day. 13 degrees Scorpio rising, by the way.
          As anyone could tell by the eyes and eyebrows.

          The North Node takes about a year and a half to go around the zodiac, so
          it's in the same sign for a month and a half.

          >From: "carynlouise" <carynlouise@...>
          >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [steiner] Re: Life & Capricorn
          >Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 13:25:14 -0000
          >
          >... and Rudolf Steiner's North Node is in Capricorn ...
          >
          >now there's a thing amazing!
          >
          >Dr Starman; I've come across three conflicting birth dates for
          >Rudolf -
          >
          >1. 27 February 1861
          >http://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA008/English/RPC1961/GA008_sketch.html
          >
          >2. 2 February 1861
          >http://www.rsarchive.org/Links/out_frame.php?
          >PHPSESSID=03df36df7ed64d505614731993359c6a&ID=124
          >
          >3. 25 February 1861
          >http://www.rsarchive.org/Forums/view.php?
          >bn=eliboard&key=1020471720&first=&last=1007776636&here
          >
          >I have always thought the 27th - Pisces. Of course the 2nd would
          >make him an Aquarian.
          >
          >mmm maybe the 2nd is a typo error?
          >
          >It doesn't change the North Node position though;
          >http://www.khaldea.com/kldaephem/1800/feb1861gmt.shtml
          >

          >(just like to add here, my huge respects to the Rudolf Steiner
          >Archive - you are great)

          Live Hotmail.
        • carynlouise
          Message 4 of 17 , May 14, 2007
            --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Durward Starman" <DrStarman@...> wrote:

            *******Yes, it's a typo, Feb. 2. And the 25th date is because some
            people later found out the 27th was the day Steiner was baptized, so
            they figured he must have been born a few days earlier: but actually he
            was so weak when born that they gave him an emergency baptism the same
            day. He cast his chart himself and had the 27th as the day. 13 degrees
            Scorpio rising, by the way. As anyone could tell by the eyes and
            eyebrows. The North Node takes about a year and a half to go around the
            zodiac, so it's in the same sign for a month and a half.

            ~~~

            Thanks for clarity on Rudolf Steiner's birth date. Goethe is also
            Scorpio rising - the Eagle :)

            What a glorious day the 27th Feb 1861 was that this humble but
            magnificent man Rudolf Steiner was born.

            Gloria.

            ~~~
          • carynlouise
            Message 5 of 17 , May 15, 2007
              (My apologies if it seems im flooding the board!)

              Sir George Trevelyan & Edward Matchett `Twelve Seats at the Round
              Table' Zodiac Development Exercise

              Taurus

              Undifferentiated Receptivity

              Purpose of exercise: Learning to put all of life's experiences to
              more positive and meaningful use.

              `Little Jack Horner
              Sat in a corner,
              Eating his Christmas pie.
              He put in his thumb
              And pulled out a plum,
              And said, What a good boy am I'

              Jack Horner seems a little overpleased with himself, but nothing of
              significance can be achieved without collecting and valuing the
              fruits of the past, and making them secure for further use. It is
              particularly important that the highlights of one's experiences and
              attainments become the stepping stones to new levels of endeavour and
              achievement.

              Reflect on your whole range of life experiences and attainments and
              choose twenty or so moments from this whole pageant of life, when you
              were conscious of a greater richness of content, a higher level or
              quality of insight and/or attainment than at other times. Hopefully
              certain of these moments will be associated with actual personal
              achievements, but it is neither necessary nor desirable that all of
              them should be.

              Discriminate very carefully, replacing some potential candidates with
              others until you possess a mental snap-shot album of twenty items
              that you believe to be especially important. In making your final
              selection take care that these memories are not all of one kind.
              They should be a balanced feast of the fruits of life.

              Having made your selection dwell on them long and often. Write down
              your thoughts and feelings about these matters and keep extending the
              depth of detail and the intimacy of observation. Do not concern
              yourself with how this material is to enter into new creations that
              you will produce. Simply select your fruit and let it find it's own
              way into the `Christmas pudding'.

              Whenever you decide to repeat this exercise, make a determined effort
              to locate examples and aspects of your work and experiences where
              some new `high' has been savoured, especially where this is in an
              altogether new direction. But do not then neglect the earlier
              treasures. Simply process these further until you gain yet further
              insights concerning them, and a renewed sense of their importance and
              value. Always take care to continue the processing until there is a
              clear knowledge of what you are valuing.

              Taurus's contribution to the Round Table-

              Intelligent Openness, to self, to other people, the total problem
              situation and whole range of life-experiences to find help, energy
              and inspiration for the task in hand. No experience is too
              insignificant and no realm too vast, exalted or obscure to be
              obtained in the work which this knight has to perform.

              ***
            • carynlouise
              Message 6 of 17 , May 28, 2007
                Johann Wolfgang von Goethe : 28 August 1749 – 22 March 1832 : Virgo
                Capricorn: North Node

                Leonardo da Vinci : 15 April 1452 – 2 May 1519 : Aries
                Capricorn : North Node

                Dante Alighieri : 14 May/13 June 1265 – 13/14 September 1321 : Aries?
                Taurus?
                Capricorn : North Node

                Rudolf Steiner : 27 February 1861 : Pisces
                Capricorn : North Node

                --- I have been contemplating why we were shown the above great
                people's North Nodes in Capricorn. Reading part of Alice Bailey's
                Capricorn account in Fred Gettings Astrology; may add further -

                Gate of Death - name applied to the sign Capricorn, sometimes to the
                Sphere of Saturn. In esoteric astrology it is said that the soul in
                its post mortem experience aspires to travel to the Sphere of Saturn,
                which marks the boundaries of time, and it is almost certain this
                association which gives rise to the term. Equally, since Cancer is
                associated with the Gate of Birth, it is probable that, by virtue of
                being the extreme polarity of this sign, Capricorn was by extension
                associated with death, as the Throne of that Planet which marked the
                end of time. (See, also Crocodile) In her account of esoteric
                astrology, Bailey says that the sign Capricorn has been recognized down
                the ages as the 'doorway into life of those who know not death'.

                ****
                Message 7 of 17 , Jun 6, 2007
                  Interesting to me as I also have the North Node in Capricorn.

                  >From: "carynlouise" <carynlouise@...>
                  >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [steiner] Re: Life & Capricorn
                  >Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 09:48:02 -0000
                  >
                  >Johann Wolfgang von Goethe : 28 August 1749 � 22 March 1832 : Virgo
                  >Capricorn: North Node
                  >
                  >Leonardo da Vinci : 15 April 1452 � 2 May 1519 : Aries
                  >Capricorn : North Node
                  >
                  >Dante Alighieri : 14 May/13 June 1265 � 13/14 September 1321 : Aries?
                  >Taurus?
                  >Capricorn : North Node
                  >
                  >Rudolf Steiner : 27 February 1861 : Pisces
                  >Capricorn : North Node
                  >
                  >--- I have been contemplating why we were shown the above great
                  >people's North Nodes in Capricorn. Reading part of Alice Bailey's
                  >Capricorn account in Fred Gettings Astrology; may add further -
                  >
                  >Gate of Death - name applied to the sign Capricorn, sometimes to the
                  >Sphere of Saturn. In esoteric astrology it is said that the soul in
                  >its post mortem experience aspires to travel to the Sphere of Saturn,
                  >which marks the boundaries of time, and it is almost certain this
                  >association which gives rise to the term. Equally, since Cancer is
                  >associated with the Gate of Birth, it is probable that, by virtue of
                  >being the extreme polarity of this sign, Capricorn was by extension
                  >associated with death, as the Throne of that Planet which marked the
                  >end of time. (See, also Crocodile) In her account of esoteric
                  >astrology, Bailey says that the sign Capricorn has been recognized down
                  >the ages as the 'doorway into life of those who know not death'.
                  >
                  >****

                • carynlouise
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jun 7, 2007

                    From: "carynlouise" <carynlouise@...>
                    To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
                    Subject: [steiner] Re: Life & Capricorn
                    Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 09:48:02 -0000

[...]

                    There's a thing! It is an interesting placement. Starman you right
                    to say we shouldn't discuss politics - it only gets everybody in a
                    tizz and we should leave it to the politicians - we'll find far more
                    answers in the heavens!

                    We should all try get on finding common ground in the Zodiac - maybe
                    Stephen's North Node is also in Capricorn! Matthew's North Node is in
                    Pisces - there's a thing! My North Node is in Gemini :) Now this
                    means .. erm what does this mean!

                    I realise in my Venus Transit post - the RS link talks about the
                    Transit but not the Venus consciousness. This link does:

                    http://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA011/CM/GA011_c13.html;mark=218,22,27#W
                    N_mark
                    Cosmic Memory
                    The Earth and Its Future

                    I wonder if this has to do with the coming of the Sun in the vernal
                    equinox of Aquarius?