Re: sugar

  • carynlouise
    Message 1 of 7 , May 13, 2007
      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Hale" <sardisian01@...>
      wrote:

      Well keep it up, Mathew; Lent began when Lazarus was raised from the
      dead. So being a lean, mean, fighting machine is what it's about.
      Increasing the speed of functions requires the good burn, if you know
      what I mean. If you've read the lectures, "Michaelmas and the Soul
      Forces of Man", it concerns making those efforts designed to sweat the
      fallow dragon into submission. The secret is to suffocate him, and
      he unwinds and leaves the roost. Then you are free, and 'moksha'
      means something in the real sense.

      Steve

      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Mathew Morrell" <tma4cbt@> wrote:

      About a year and a half ago I quit sugar for lent, and haven't eatn'
      any since then. I'm not Catholic (I can dance and play guitar) but
      their renunciation programs like lent have always appealed to my
      ascetic personality. Discipline in whatever form is a great tool for
      lifting my spirits out of the earth element and into the sun-warmed
      air of creative activity.

      Melencholics need sugar, as I'm told, and I agree. What I've done to
      replace my excessive craving for sugar is to eat fruit---bannanas and
      apples mostly---along with complex carbohydrates, specifically grains.
      Consequently I'm back down to a good weight again and feeling good.

      *** :)

      The principle of lent also appeals to me for the discipline of self
      control of will. I gave up beer, although really enjoyed a beer at
      the end of the day, I feel much better for it and drink orange juice
      instead.

      Have a great day everyone!

      Caryn
      Message 2 of 7 , May 14, 2007
        *******Well, when I said sugar, I didn't mean only refined white sugar.
        Fruit, honey----they're all forms of sugar.

        And Capricorn is also the sign of discipline and self-control. ;-)

        I have some similarities to Capricorn, having the Sun conjunct its ruler
        Saturn---- just married a Capricorn, for the second time!---- and I also
        voluntarily took up observing "Lent" as a tool for self-control. What led me
        back to the old Catholic tradition was finding out that in the spring the
        body wants to burn off the winter fat, but burning it releases toxins into
        the bloodstream, so fasting and cleansing is called for. And right at that
        time the old traditional wisdom placed a season of fasting.

        >From: "Mathew Morrell" <tma4cbt@...>
        >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [steiner] sugar
        >Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 18:14:17 -0000
        >
        >About a year and a half ago I quit sugar for lent, and haven't eatn'
        >any since then. I'm not Catholic (I can dance and play guitar) but
        >their renunciation programs like lent have always appealed to my
        >ascetic personality. Discipline in whatever form is a great tool for
        >lifting my spirits out of the earth element and into the sun-warmed
        >air of creative activity.
        >
        >Melencholics need sugar, as I'm told, and I agree. What I've done to
        >replace my excessive craving for sugar is to eat fruit---bannanas and
        >apples mostly---along with complex carbohydrates, specifically grains.
        >Consequently I'm back down to a good weight again and feeling good.

        Live Hotmail.
      • carynlouise

          From: "Mathew Morrell" <tma4cbt@...>
          To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [steiner] sugar
          Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 18:14:17 -0000

          About a year and a half ago I quit sugar for lent, and haven't eatn'
          any since then. I'm not Catholic (I can dance and play guitar) but
          their renunciation programs like lent have always appealed to my
          ascetic personality. Discipline in whatever form is a great tool for
          lifting my spirits out of the earth element and into the sun-warmed
          air of creative activity.

          Melencholics need sugar, as I'm told, and I agree. What I've done to
          replace my excessive craving for sugar is to eat fruit---bannanas and
          apples mostly---along with complex carbohydrates, specifically grains.
          Consequently I'm back down to a good weight again and feeling good.

          ~~~

          It is wonderful how people enter our lives for a reason :) You are a
          Leo if I recall rightly Dr. Starman - a mighty fine sign indeed. I
          have no aspects or planets in my Capricorn in the 11th house. It is
          said, sometimes, its the sign which has no planets in or aspects made
          to which need looking at.

          Message 4 of 7 , May 15, 2007
            *******No, I'm a Scorpio----4 planets in Scorpio and 3 in Cancer, with
            Aquarius rising. Those 3 signs account for almost all my planets. I have
            only Pluto in Leo, as everyone for 20 years did.

            >It is wonderful how people enter our lives for a reason :) You are a
            >Leo if I recall rightly Dr. Starman - a mighty fine sign indeed. I
            >have no aspects or planets in my Capricorn in the 11th house. It is
            >said, sometimes, its the sign which has no planets in or aspects made
            >to which need looking at.

            Like the way Microsoft Office Outlook works? You�ll love Windows Live
            Hotmail.
            http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_outlook_0507
          • carynlouise
            Message 5 of 7 , May 15, 2007
              --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Durward Starman" <DrStarman@...> wrote:

              *******No, I'm a Scorpio----4 planets in Scorpio and 3 in Cancer, with
              Aquarius rising. Those 3 signs account for almost all my planets. I
              have only Pluto in Leo, as everyone for 20 years did.

              It is wonderful how people enter our lives for a reason :) You are a
              Leo if I recall rightly Dr. Starman - a mighty fine sign indeed. I
              have no aspects or planets in my Capricorn in the 11th house. It is
              said, sometimes, its the sign which has no planets in or aspects made
              to which need looking at.

              ~~~

              Scorpio okay! That's quite a line up :) Scorpio 'The Light of Day',
              Cancer 'The Light within the form', Aquarius 'The Light that shines on
              Earth across the Sea', Leo 'The Light of the Soul' (Capricorn
              being 'The Light of Initiation').

              Scorpio, water & Capricorn, earth blending nicely.

              I'm the generation of Pluto in Virgo :)

              My regards
              Caryn