Re: sugar

  • Stephen Hale
    Message 1 of 7 , May 12, 2007
      Well keep it up, Mathew; Lent began when Lazarus was raised from the
      dead. So being a lean, mean, fighting machine is what it's about.
      Increasing the speed of functions requires the good burn, if you know
      what I mean. If you've read the lectures, "Michaelmas and the Soul
      Forces of Man", it concerns making those efforts designed to sweat the
      fallow dragon into submission. The secret is to suffocate him, and he
      unwinds and leaves the roost. Then you are free, and 'moksha' means
      something in the real sense.

      Steve

      > About a year and a half ago I quit sugar for lent, and haven't eatn'
      > any since then. I'm not Catholic (I can dance and play guitar) but
      > their renunciation programs like lent have always appealed to my
      > ascetic personality. Discipline in whatever form is a great tool for
      > lifting my spirits out of the earth element and into the sun-warmed
      > air of creative activity.
      >
      > Melencholics need sugar, as I'm told, and I agree. What I've done to
      > replace my excessive craving for sugar is to eat fruit---bannanas and
      > apples mostly---along with complex carbohydrates, specifically grains.
      > Consequently I'm back down to a good weight again and feeling good.

    • carynlouise
      Message 2 of 7 , May 13, 2007
        --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Hale" <sardisian01@...>

        --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Mathew Morrell" <tma4cbt@> wrote:

        About a year and a half ago I quit sugar for lent, and haven't eatn'
        any since then. I'm not Catholic (I can dance and play guitar) but
        their renunciation programs like lent have always appealed to my
        ascetic personality. Discipline in whatever form is a great tool for
        lifting my spirits out of the earth element and into the sun-warmed
        air of creative activity.

        Melencholics need sugar, as I'm told, and I agree. What I've done to
        replace my excessive craving for sugar is to eat fruit---bannanas and
        apples mostly---along with complex carbohydrates, specifically grains.
        Consequently I'm back down to a good weight again and feeling good.

        *** :)

        The principle of lent also appeals to me for the discipline of self
        control of will. I gave up beer, although really enjoyed a beer at
        the end of the day, I feel much better for it and drink orange juice
        instead.

        Have a great day everyone!

        Caryn
        Message 3 of 7 , May 14, 2007
          *******Well, when I said sugar, I didn't mean only refined white sugar.
          Fruit, honey----they're all forms of sugar.

          And Capricorn is also the sign of discipline and self-control. ;-)

          I have some similarities to Capricorn, having the Sun conjunct its ruler
          Saturn---- just married a Capricorn, for the second time!---- and I also
          voluntarily took up observing "Lent" as a tool for self-control. What led me
          back to the old Catholic tradition was finding out that in the spring the
          body wants to burn off the winter fat, but burning it releases toxins into
          the bloodstream, so fasting and cleansing is called for. And right at that
          time the old traditional wisdom placed a season of fasting.

          >From: "Mathew Morrell" <tma4cbt@...>
          >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [steiner] sugar
          >Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 18:14:17 -0000
          >
          >About a year and a half ago I quit sugar for lent, and haven't eatn'
          >any since then. I'm not Catholic (I can dance and play guitar) but
          >their renunciation programs like lent have always appealed to my
          >ascetic personality. Discipline in whatever form is a great tool for
          >lifting my spirits out of the earth element and into the sun-warmed
          >air of creative activity.
          >
          >Melencholics need sugar, as I'm told, and I agree. What I've done to
          >replace my excessive craving for sugar is to eat fruit---bannanas and
          >apples mostly---along with complex carbohydrates, specifically grains.
          >Consequently I'm back down to a good weight again and feeling good.

          Live Hotmail.
        • carynlouise

            From: "Mathew Morrell" <tma4cbt@...>
            To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [steiner] sugar
            Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 18:14:17 -0000

            About a year and a half ago I quit sugar for lent, and haven't eatn'
            any since then. I'm not Catholic (I can dance and play guitar) but
            their renunciation programs like lent have always appealed to my
            ascetic personality. Discipline in whatever form is a great tool for
            lifting my spirits out of the earth element and into the sun-warmed
            air of creative activity.

            Melencholics need sugar, as I'm told, and I agree. What I've done to
            replace my excessive craving for sugar is to eat fruit---bannanas and
            apples mostly---along with complex carbohydrates, specifically grains.
            Consequently I'm back down to a good weight again and feeling good.

            ~~~

            It is wonderful how people enter our lives for a reason :) You are a
            Leo if I recall rightly Dr. Starman - a mighty fine sign indeed. I
            have no aspects or planets in my Capricorn in the 11th house. It is
            said, sometimes, its the sign which has no planets in or aspects made
            to which need looking at.

            Message 5 of 7 , May 15, 2007
              *******No, I'm a Scorpio----4 planets in Scorpio and 3 in Cancer, with
              Aquarius rising. Those 3 signs account for almost all my planets. I have
              only Pluto in Leo, as everyone for 20 years did.

              >It is wonderful how people enter our lives for a reason :) You are a
              >Leo if I recall rightly Dr. Starman - a mighty fine sign indeed. I
              >have no aspects or planets in my Capricorn in the 11th house. It is
              >said, sometimes, its the sign which has no planets in or aspects made
              >to which need looking at.

              Like the way Microsoft Office Outlook works? You�ll love Windows Live
              Hotmail.
              http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_outlook_0507
            • carynlouise
              Message 6 of 7 , May 15, 2007
                --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Durward Starman" <DrStarman@...> wrote:

                *******No, I'm a Scorpio----4 planets in Scorpio and 3 in Cancer, with
                Aquarius rising. Those 3 signs account for almost all my planets. I
                have only Pluto in Leo, as everyone for 20 years did.

                It is wonderful how people enter our lives for a reason :) You are a
                Leo if I recall rightly Dr. Starman - a mighty fine sign indeed. I
                have no aspects or planets in my Capricorn in the 11th house. It is
                said, sometimes, its the sign which has no planets in or aspects made
                to which need looking at.

                ~~~

                Scorpio okay! That's quite a line up :) Scorpio 'The Light of Day',
                Cancer 'The Light within the form', Aquarius 'The Light that shines on
                Earth across the Sea', Leo 'The Light of the Soul' (Capricorn
                being 'The Light of Initiation').

                Scorpio, water & Capricorn, earth blending nicely.

                I'm the generation of Pluto in Virgo :)

                My regards
                Caryn