sugar

    Message 1 of 7 , May 12 11:14 AM
      About a year and a half ago I quit sugar for lent, and haven't eatn'
      any since then. I'm not Catholic (I can dance and play guitar) but
      their renunciation programs like lent have always appealed to my
      ascetic personality. Discipline in whatever form is a great tool for
      lifting my spirits out of the earth element and into the sun-warmed
      air of creative activity.

      Melencholics need sugar, as I'm told, and I agree. What I've done to
      replace my excessive craving for sugar is to eat fruit---bannanas and
      apples mostly---along with complex carbohydrates, specifically grains.
      Consequently I'm back down to a good weight again and feeling good.
    • Stephen Hale
      Message 2 of 7 , May 12 7:58 PM
        Well keep it up, Mathew; Lent began when Lazarus was raised from the
        dead. So being a lean, mean, fighting machine is what it's about.
        Increasing the speed of functions requires the good burn, if you know
        what I mean. If you've read the lectures, "Michaelmas and the Soul
        Forces of Man", it concerns making those efforts designed to sweat the
        fallow dragon into submission. The secret is to suffocate him, and he
        unwinds and leaves the roost. Then you are free, and 'moksha' means
        something in the real sense.

        Steve

        > About a year and a half ago I quit sugar for lent, and haven't eatn'
        > any since then. I'm not Catholic (I can dance and play guitar) but
        > their renunciation programs like lent have always appealed to my
        > ascetic personality. Discipline in whatever form is a great tool for
        > lifting my spirits out of the earth element and into the sun-warmed
        > air of creative activity.
        >
        > Melencholics need sugar, as I'm told, and I agree. What I've done to
        > replace my excessive craving for sugar is to eat fruit---bannanas and
        > apples mostly---along with complex carbohydrates, specifically grains.
        > Consequently I'm back down to a good weight again and feeling good.

      • carynlouise
        Message 3 of 7 , May 13 11:58 PM
          --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Hale" <sardisian01@...>

          --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Mathew Morrell" <tma4cbt@> wrote:

          About a year and a half ago I quit sugar for lent, and haven't eatn'
          any since then. I'm not Catholic (I can dance and play guitar) but
          their renunciation programs like lent have always appealed to my
          ascetic personality. Discipline in whatever form is a great tool for
          lifting my spirits out of the earth element and into the sun-warmed
          air of creative activity.

          Melencholics need sugar, as I'm told, and I agree. What I've done to
          replace my excessive craving for sugar is to eat fruit---bannanas and
          apples mostly---along with complex carbohydrates, specifically grains.
          Consequently I'm back down to a good weight again and feeling good.

          *** :)

          The principle of lent also appeals to me for the discipline of self
          control of will. I gave up beer, although really enjoyed a beer at
          the end of the day, I feel much better for it and drink orange juice
          instead.

          Have a great day everyone!

          Caryn
          Message 4 of 7 , May 14 8:01 AM
            *******Well, when I said sugar, I didn't mean only refined white sugar.
            Fruit, honey----they're all forms of sugar.

            And Capricorn is also the sign of discipline and self-control. ;-)

            I have some similarities to Capricorn, having the Sun conjunct its ruler
            Saturn---- just married a Capricorn, for the second time!---- and I also
            voluntarily took up observing "Lent" as a tool for self-control. What led me
            back to the old Catholic tradition was finding out that in the spring the
            body wants to burn off the winter fat, but burning it releases toxins into
            the bloodstream, so fasting and cleansing is called for. And right at that
            time the old traditional wisdom placed a season of fasting.

            >From: "Mathew Morrell" <tma4cbt@...>
            >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [steiner] sugar
            >Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 18:14:17 -0000
            >
            >About a year and a half ago I quit sugar for lent, and haven't eatn'
            >any since then. I'm not Catholic (I can dance and play guitar) but
            >their renunciation programs like lent have always appealed to my
            >ascetic personality. Discipline in whatever form is a great tool for
            >lifting my spirits out of the earth element and into the sun-warmed
            >air of creative activity.
            >
            >Melencholics need sugar, as I'm told, and I agree. What I've done to
            >replace my excessive craving for sugar is to eat fruit---bannanas and
            >apples mostly---along with complex carbohydrates, specifically grains.
            >Consequently I'm back down to a good weight again and feeling good.

            Live Hotmail.
          • carynlouise

              From: "Mathew Morrell" <tma4cbt@...>
              To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: [steiner] sugar
              Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 18:14:17 -0000

              About a year and a half ago I quit sugar for lent, and haven't eatn'
              any since then. I'm not Catholic (I can dance and play guitar) but
              their renunciation programs like lent have always appealed to my
              ascetic personality. Discipline in whatever form is a great tool for
              lifting my spirits out of the earth element and into the sun-warmed
              air of creative activity.

              Melencholics need sugar, as I'm told, and I agree. What I've done to
              replace my excessive craving for sugar is to eat fruit---bannanas and
              apples mostly---along with complex carbohydrates, specifically grains.
              Consequently I'm back down to a good weight again and feeling good.

              ~~~

              It is wonderful how people enter our lives for a reason :) You are a
              Leo if I recall rightly Dr. Starman - a mighty fine sign indeed. I
              have no aspects or planets in my Capricorn in the 11th house. It is
              said, sometimes, its the sign which has no planets in or aspects made
              to which need looking at.

              Message 6 of 7 , May 15 8:13 PM
                *******No, I'm a Scorpio----4 planets in Scorpio and 3 in Cancer, with
                Aquarius rising. Those 3 signs account for almost all my planets. I have
                only Pluto in Leo, as everyone for 20 years did.

                >It is wonderful how people enter our lives for a reason :) You are a
                >Leo if I recall rightly Dr. Starman - a mighty fine sign indeed. I
                >have no aspects or planets in my Capricorn in the 11th house. It is
                >said, sometimes, its the sign which has no planets in or aspects made
                >to which need looking at.

                Like the way Microsoft Office Outlook works? You�ll love Windows Live
                Hotmail.
                http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_outlook_0507
              • carynlouise
                Message 7 of 7 , May 15 11:46 PM
                  --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Durward Starman" <DrStarman@...> wrote:

                  *******No, I'm a Scorpio----4 planets in Scorpio and 3 in Cancer, with
                  Aquarius rising. Those 3 signs account for almost all my planets. I
                  have only Pluto in Leo, as everyone for 20 years did.

                  It is wonderful how people enter our lives for a reason :) You are a
                  Leo if I recall rightly Dr. Starman - a mighty fine sign indeed. I
                  have no aspects or planets in my Capricorn in the 11th house. It is
                  said, sometimes, its the sign which has no planets in or aspects made
                  to which need looking at.

                  ~~~

                  Scorpio okay! That's quite a line up :) Scorpio 'The Light of Day',
                  Cancer 'The Light within the form', Aquarius 'The Light that shines on
                  Earth across the Sea', Leo 'The Light of the Soul' (Capricorn
                  being 'The Light of Initiation').

                  Scorpio, water & Capricorn, earth blending nicely.

                  I'm the generation of Pluto in Virgo :)

                  My regards
                  Caryn