Re: Life & Capricorn

  • carynlouise
    Message 1 of 17 , May 12, 2007
      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Durward Starman" <DrStarman@...> wrote:

      ******* Just one correction....

      Capricorns like Goethe, Leonardo da Vinci, Dante and Blake have left
      us much evidence of this great creative mind at work.

      ******* Goethe was a Virgo (with Scorpio rising): Leonardo was Aries or
      Taurus, depending on which birth date you accept (old style calendar,
      before the Gregorian, or after). I vote for Taurus myself.

      Dr. Starman

      ***

      Thanks for your reply Dr Starman. The interesting thing in Sir George
      Trevelyan's & Edward Matchett's work in 'Twelve Seats at the Round
      Table' they were not talking about the above people's Sun Sign but the
      place of their North Node. Except Blake where his North Node is in Leo
      and his Capricorn is in Venus. Possibly they placed Blake with the
      other greats to show the romance which Capricorn may experience and
      evident in Blake's work?

      The Moon's North and South Node's are extremely interesting in a
      birthchart and from my understanding these Nodes represent : South what
      one is moving away from - North is what one is moving toward.

      It is also thought the South Node is the entry point at birth and the
      north Node is the exist point after earth life.

      Another thought is the Moon's Nodes represent the Karma brought with
      and the Karma resolved.

      The Moon's Nodes are also known as the North: Dragon's Head and South:
      Dragon's Tail. And we read Fred Gettings;

      Dragon's Head
      the north node of the Moon, the point where this body crosses the
      ecliptic to begin its northward journey. The term, originally Caput
      Draconis in traditional astrology (though with several variants), was
      derived from the link made between the Sphere of the Moon and the
      celestial Dragon forces: the Dragon was imagined as being curled
      around the Earth, in symbol of the lunar sphere. It is said that the
      eclipses were explained in terms of this celestial dragon swallowing
      the Sun and then regurgitating it. The Dragon's Head is undoubtedly a
      most powerful nodal point in the horoscope, though it is one usually
      made efficacious only by transits and progressions. It is said to have
      the equivalent nature of Jupiter and Venus, though some astrologers
      insist that when touched by directions it releases into the life of the
      native benefits due from karma.

      So, it is interesting the authors of the 12 seats remark on the great
      creative mind's north node (except Blake!)

      It is interesting the un-clarity on Dante's Sun Sign. If we had to
      look at how money affected his life we might be able to confirm Taurus.

      The birthcharts of:

      Johann Wolfgang von Goethe : 28 August 1749 – 22 March 1832 : Virgo
      Capricorn: North Node

      http://sidesearch.lycos.com/?page=0&query=goethe+birth%
      2Bchart&hurl=http%3A%2F%2Ftmsyn.wc.ask.com%2Fr%3Ft%3Dan%26s%3Dju%26uid%
      3D2c636cae2c636cae2%26sid%3D3c636cae2c636cae2%26o%3D0%26qid%
      3DD430871705978FE8CF9E60E68F421069%26io%3D8%26sv%3D0a300588%26ask%
      3Dsite%253Atripod.com%2Bgoethe%2Bbirth%252Bchart%26uip%3Dc636cae2%26en%
      3Dte%26eo%3D7%26pt%3DThe%2BVertex%2Bastrology%2Buranian%2Bcosmobiology%
      2Bmidpoints%26ac%3D18%26qs%3D121%26pg%3D1%26u%3Dhttp%3A%2F%
      2Fmembers.tripod.com%2Fjunojuno2%2Fvertex.htm

      Leonardo da Vinci : 15 April 1452 – 2 May 1519 : Aries
      Capricorn : North Node

      http://www.astrodatabank.com/NM/daVinciLeonardo.htm

      Dante Alighieri : 14 May/13 June 1265 – 13/14 September 1321 : Aries?
      Taurus?
      Capricorn : North Node

      http://www.astrologyinstitute.com/Articles/chart_dante2.htm
      http://www.astrologyinstitute.com/Articles/chart_dante1.htm

      William Blake : 28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827 : Sagittarius
      Capricorn : Venus
      North Node : Leo

      http://www.dominantstar.com/3William_Blake.gif

      Best regards
      Caryn
    • carynlouise
      Message 2 of 17 , May 14, 2007
        ... and Rudolf Steiner's North Node is in Capricorn ...

        now there's a thing amazing!

        Dr Starman; I've come across three conflicting birth dates for
        Rudolf -

        1. 27 February 1861
        http://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA008/English/RPC1961/GA008_sketch.html

        2. 2 February 1861
        http://www.rsarchive.org/Links/out_frame.php?
        PHPSESSID=03df36df7ed64d505614731993359c6a&ID=124

        3. 25 February 1861
        http://www.rsarchive.org/Forums/view.php?
        bn=eliboard&key=1020471720&first=&last=1007776636&here

        I have always thought the 27th - Pisces. Of course the 2nd would
        make him an Aquarian.

        mmm maybe the 2nd is a typo error?

        It doesn't change the North Node position though;
        http://www.khaldea.com/kldaephem/1800/feb1861gmt.shtml

        (just like to add here, my huge respects to the Rudolf Steiner
        Archive - you are great)
      • carynlouise

          Message 4 of 17 , May 14, 2007
            *******Yes, it's a typo, Feb. 2. And the 25th date is because some people
            later found out the 27th was the day Steiner was baptized, so they figured
            he must have been born a few days earlier: but actually he was so weak when
            born that they gave him an emergency baptism the same day. He cast his chart
            himself and had the 27th as the day. 13 degrees Scorpio rising, by the way.
            As anyone could tell by the eyes and eyebrows.

            The North Node takes about a year and a half to go around the zodiac, so
            it's in the same sign for a month and a half.

            >From: "carynlouise" <carynlouise@...>
            >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [steiner] Re: Life & Capricorn
            >Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 13:25:14 -0000
            >
            >... and Rudolf Steiner's North Node is in Capricorn ...
            >
            >now there's a thing amazing!
            >
            >Dr Starman; I've come across three conflicting birth dates for
            >Rudolf -
            >
            >1. 27 February 1861
            >http://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA008/English/RPC1961/GA008_sketch.html
            >
            >2. 2 February 1861
            >http://www.rsarchive.org/Links/out_frame.php?
            >PHPSESSID=03df36df7ed64d505614731993359c6a&ID=124
            >
            >3. 25 February 1861
            >http://www.rsarchive.org/Forums/view.php?
            >bn=eliboard&key=1020471720&first=&last=1007776636&here
            >
            >I have always thought the 27th - Pisces. Of course the 2nd would
            >make him an Aquarian.
            >
            >mmm maybe the 2nd is a typo error?
            >
            >It doesn't change the North Node position though;
            >http://www.khaldea.com/kldaephem/1800/feb1861gmt.shtml
            >

            >(just like to add here, my huge respects to the Rudolf Steiner
            >Archive - you are great)

            Live Hotmail.
          • carynlouise
            Message 5 of 17 , May 14, 2007
              --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Durward Starman" <DrStarman@...> wrote:

              *******Yes, it's a typo, Feb. 2. And the 25th date is because some
              people later found out the 27th was the day Steiner was baptized, so
              they figured he must have been born a few days earlier: but actually he
              was so weak when born that they gave him an emergency baptism the same
              day. He cast his chart himself and had the 27th as the day. 13 degrees
              Scorpio rising, by the way. As anyone could tell by the eyes and
              eyebrows. The North Node takes about a year and a half to go around the
              zodiac, so it's in the same sign for a month and a half.

              ~~~

              Thanks for clarity on Rudolf Steiner's birth date. Goethe is also
              Scorpio rising - the Eagle :)

              What a glorious day the 27th Feb 1861 was that this humble but
              magnificent man Rudolf Steiner was born.

              Gloria.

              ~~~
            • carynlouise
              Message 6 of 17 , May 15, 2007
                (My apologies if it seems im flooding the board!)

                Sir George Trevelyan & Edward Matchett `Twelve Seats at the Round
                Table' Zodiac Development Exercise

                Taurus

                Undifferentiated Receptivity

                Purpose of exercise: Learning to put all of life's experiences to
                more positive and meaningful use.

                `Little Jack Horner
                Sat in a corner,
                Eating his Christmas pie.
                He put in his thumb
                And pulled out a plum,
                And said, What a good boy am I'

                Jack Horner seems a little overpleased with himself, but nothing of
                significance can be achieved without collecting and valuing the
                fruits of the past, and making them secure for further use. It is
                particularly important that the highlights of one's experiences and
                attainments become the stepping stones to new levels of endeavour and
                achievement.

                Reflect on your whole range of life experiences and attainments and
                choose twenty or so moments from this whole pageant of life, when you
                were conscious of a greater richness of content, a higher level or
                quality of insight and/or attainment than at other times. Hopefully
                certain of these moments will be associated with actual personal
                achievements, but it is neither necessary nor desirable that all of
                them should be.

                Discriminate very carefully, replacing some potential candidates with
                others until you possess a mental snap-shot album of twenty items
                that you believe to be especially important. In making your final
                selection take care that these memories are not all of one kind.
                They should be a balanced feast of the fruits of life.

                Having made your selection dwell on them long and often. Write down
                your thoughts and feelings about these matters and keep extending the
                depth of detail and the intimacy of observation. Do not concern
                yourself with how this material is to enter into new creations that
                you will produce. Simply select your fruit and let it find it's own
                way into the `Christmas pudding'.

                Whenever you decide to repeat this exercise, make a determined effort
                to locate examples and aspects of your work and experiences where
                some new `high' has been savoured, especially where this is in an
                altogether new direction. But do not then neglect the earlier
                treasures. Simply process these further until you gain yet further
                insights concerning them, and a renewed sense of their importance and
                value. Always take care to continue the processing until there is a
                clear knowledge of what you are valuing.

                Taurus's contribution to the Round Table-

                Intelligent Openness, to self, to other people, the total problem
                situation and whole range of life-experiences to find help, energy
                and inspiration for the task in hand. No experience is too
                insignificant and no realm too vast, exalted or obscure to be
                obtained in the work which this knight has to perform.

                ***
              • carynlouise
                Message 7 of 17 , May 28, 2007
                  Johann Wolfgang von Goethe : 28 August 1749 – 22 March 1832 : Virgo
                  Capricorn: North Node

                  Leonardo da Vinci : 15 April 1452 – 2 May 1519 : Aries
                  Capricorn : North Node

                  Dante Alighieri : 14 May/13 June 1265 – 13/14 September 1321 : Aries?
                  Taurus?
                  Capricorn : North Node

                  Rudolf Steiner : 27 February 1861 : Pisces
                  Capricorn : North Node

                  --- I have been contemplating why we were shown the above great
                  people's North Nodes in Capricorn. Reading part of Alice Bailey's
                  Capricorn account in Fred Gettings Astrology; may add further -

                  Gate of Death - name applied to the sign Capricorn, sometimes to the
                  Sphere of Saturn. In esoteric astrology it is said that the soul in
                  its post mortem experience aspires to travel to the Sphere of Saturn,
                  which marks the boundaries of time, and it is almost certain this
                  association which gives rise to the term. Equally, since Cancer is
                  associated with the Gate of Birth, it is probable that, by virtue of
                  being the extreme polarity of this sign, Capricorn was by extension
                  associated with death, as the Throne of that Planet which marked the
                  end of time. (See, also Crocodile) In her account of esoteric
                  astrology, Bailey says that the sign Capricorn has been recognized down
                  the ages as the 'doorway into life of those who know not death'.

                  ****
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jun 6, 2007
                    Interesting to me as I also have the North Node in Capricorn.

                    >From: "carynlouise" <carynlouise@...>
                    >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: [steiner] Re: Life & Capricorn
                    >Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 09:48:02 -0000
                    >
                    >Johann Wolfgang von Goethe : 28 August 1749 � 22 March 1832 : Virgo
                    >Capricorn: North Node
                    >
                    >Leonardo da Vinci : 15 April 1452 � 2 May 1519 : Aries
                    >Capricorn : North Node
                    >
                    >Dante Alighieri : 14 May/13 June 1265 � 13/14 September 1321 : Aries?
                    >Taurus?
                    >Capricorn : North Node
                    >
                    >Rudolf Steiner : 27 February 1861 : Pisces
                    >Capricorn : North Node
                    >
                    >--- I have been contemplating why we were shown the above great
                    >people's North Nodes in Capricorn. Reading part of Alice Bailey's
                    >Capricorn account in Fred Gettings Astrology; may add further -
                    >
                    >Gate of Death - name applied to the sign Capricorn, sometimes to the
                    >Sphere of Saturn. In esoteric astrology it is said that the soul in
                    >its post mortem experience aspires to travel to the Sphere of Saturn,
                    >which marks the boundaries of time, and it is almost certain this
                    >association which gives rise to the term. Equally, since Cancer is
                    >associated with the Gate of Birth, it is probable that, by virtue of
                    >being the extreme polarity of this sign, Capricorn was by extension
                    >associated with death, as the Throne of that Planet which marked the
                    >end of time. (See, also Crocodile) In her account of esoteric
                    >astrology, Bailey says that the sign Capricorn has been recognized down
                    >the ages as the 'doorway into life of those who know not death'.
                    >
                    >****

                  • carynlouise
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jun 7, 2007

                      From: "carynlouise" <carynlouise@...>
                      To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
                      Subject: [steiner] Re: Life & Capricorn
                      Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 09:48:02 -0000

[...]

                      There's a thing! It is an interesting placement. Starman you right
                      to say we shouldn't discuss politics - it only gets everybody in a
                      tizz and we should leave it to the politicians - we'll find far more
                      answers in the heavens!

                      We should all try get on finding common ground in the Zodiac - maybe
                      Stephen's North Node is also in Capricorn! Matthew's North Node is in
                      Pisces - there's a thing! My North Node is in Gemini :) Now this
                      means .. erm what does this mean!

                      I realise in my Venus Transit post - the RS link talks about the
                      Transit but not the Venus consciousness. This link does:

                      http://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA011/CM/GA011_c13.html;mark=218,22,27#W
                      N_mark
                      Cosmic Memory
                      The Earth and Its Future

                      I wonder if this has to do with the coming of the Sun in the vernal
                      equinox of Aquarius?