Re: Life

  • carynlouise
    Message 1 of 17 , May 9, 2007
      Well, the zodiac writings are not my words, of course. I must say
      here I do not write out the full script – would be too long – so it
      is edited and I try fill in the just of it. I do admire these zodiac
      writings very much and thank John Jocelyn for his knowledgeable
      anthrosophical insight. When there is nothing of interest to read on
      the internet I tend to read these writings to stop me from going mad
      in frustration ;) After all; astronomy is what makes the world go
      round.

      So you a fiction writer, very good for soul expression. Yes, the
      genre is a certain style which may only suit certain people. Maybe
      those that sense darkness exists, within themselves, and go out to
      find it in order to relate to it. And once they find it they realize
      they don't want it (hopefully) and in a way it is a healing for them
      because at the end of day they make a choice. As to the choice made
      can only be determined by actions made in the world.

      You must have laughed at my response (cheeky!) It is good to have a
      laugh at the emotions it caused and the flurry of soul expression in
      return. I enjoy creativity very much and this is, to me, is letting
      the rose bloom instead of thinking why the rose blooms.

      The style of your writing is very Capricorn, the sign of initiation,
      and in hindsight we see the initiation which this lofty sign gives to
      others. The few people who I am close to are Capricorn and I sense
      the initiation they give to me through darkness of thought.

      My joy in life is dependent on or maybe rather the corner stone of my
      life is positive thinking (not wanting to sound melodramatic) but it
      makes my world, my cave, look at far better place in the beauty of
      creation. And with this the knowledge that creation is in the eye of
      the beholder.

      Getting back to astronomy, in my study of this subject, I have learnt
      each planet and each zodiac sign has a negative and a positive
      attribute and reaction. One tunes into either the positive or the
      negative which the sign and planet therein offers - all of which
      resides within humankind as the microcosm.

      The interesting thing, personally this is, it seems to be only two
      choices – the positive or the negative – nothing in between. It is
      either positive or it is negative as in electricity – it is either on
      or it is off. Now saying this, and after reading Steiner's writings
      on opposites, we understand to know love one must experience hate, to
      know hot one must have experienced cold. And so with this who gives
      the hate so people love and who gives the hot so people know cold.

      Ah, maybe the sign of Capricorn with Saturn it's mighty ruler ..
      maybe each negative side of a planet .. and if this is the case are
      we knowledgeable enough to understand it because for one to
      understand love is at the expense of someone's hatred. And to feel
      hate must be a very lonely and cold world.

      Will there come a time when only positive gives to positive – when
      love doesn't need hate to know love?

      Matthew, in your creative writing, your knowledge of both positive
      and negative is not a reflection on your personal outlook and what I
      have said above is not saying it is.

      The irony is in my understanding of spiritual science the billy
      stories did not make scientific sense (ah, the logical intuition of
      Rudolf Steiner)

      For one perceiving anything in the spiritual realms - that is in my
      understanding; conscious projection which shares a very fine line
      with dreaming. Through anthroposophy knowledge we understand either
      state is within oneself and what we perceive in these states is the
      within coming without. It is only relevant to individual experience
      and perception of what one has obtained through existence. I agree
      with this.

      However, I do think more anthroposophy study should be made in the
      area of - out of body experience - for me to study at least. Out of
      body experience is not a dreaming state, in my experience of -going
      out of body- it is real time, real place. I think I will start a new
      topic on this subject and hope to engage in comments and experiences
      in this phenomena called out of body experience.

      Matthew your post is appreciated; my heart can stop beating at a rate
      of 50 knots per second now! You … you .. unicorn you!

      Caryn :)
    • carynlouise
      Message 2 of 17 , May 9, 2007
        I just want to add to this paragraph what I said;

        'The style of your writing is very Capricorn, the sign of initiation,
        and in hindsight we see the initiation which this lofty sign gives to
        others. The few people who I am close to are Capricorn and I sense
        the initiation they give to me through darkness of thought'.

        The darkness of thought in the people around me is depression and
        nothing otherwise.

        I just wanted to make myself clear on that statement.

        :)
        Message 3 of 17 , May 10, 2007
          ******* People with a strong influence from the Earth signs---- who have, in
          other words, a lot of what spirit science calls the "Life Ether", the forces
          which individualize etheric archetypes into material objects (and which
          therefore bring one close to what Steiner called the Ahrimanic spirits)----
          manifest the Melancholic temperament, which makes them acutely aware
          (sometimes TOO aware) of the physical world. In the body, this means a
          strong feeling of the catabolic or "death" forces which produce the deadened
          cells we call nerves (Air signs rule these) and finally the almost
          completely deadened "mineral" forms of the skeleton. The sign Capricorn
          particularly is associated with these forces (it traditionally rules the
          skeleton). Hence the body is frequently felt as a weight one has to drag
          around, and there are the tendencies to depression, blackness, morbid
          preoccupation with death.

          In Waldorf Education there are some indications given for children &
          teenagers to keep the melancholic extreme from becoming too much: never
          allow them to withdraw alone into themselves, or to stay in darkness (e.g.,
          basement apartments), keep them away from alcohol (which can only ferment in
          darkness), guide them into friendships with sanguine or Airy
          temperaments----but also, let them study tragedies (like Romeo and Juliet,
          Cyrano de Bergerac etc.) because they KNOW the tragic side of life and have
          a need to experience it. It's no good saying "Hey, cheer up there" when they
          cannot be jollied out of their predelictions. And let them have SUGAR. Keep
          the Cholerics away from it, but let the melancholics have it.

          They are prematurely "old" and prematurely "incarnated": as children they
          are like little adults. The melancholic temperament not handled right leads
          to madness, but handled properly is the most fruitful of all: the parable of
          the Sower and the Seed is a story of the Four Temperaments, and it is the
          Earthy which is the best of all.

          One of the best, my old astronomy/projective geometry teacher Norman
          Davidson of Sunbridge College, was a Capricorn. He just passed on last
          month. Like John Jocelyn, his contributions to the renewal of astrology are
          well worth perusing.

          >From: "carynlouise" <carynlouise@...>
          >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [steiner] Re: footnote to life
          >Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 11:59:09 -0000
          >
          >I just want to add to this paragraph what I said;
          >
          >'The style of your writing is very Capricorn, the sign of initiation,
          >and in hindsight we see the initiation which this lofty sign gives to
          >others. The few people who I am close to are Capricorn and I sense
          >the initiation they give to me through darkness of thought'.
          >
          >The darkness of thought in the people around me is depression and
          >nothing otherwise.
          >
          >I just wanted to make myself clear on that statement.
          >
          >:)

          See what you�re getting into�before you go there
          http://newlivehotmail.com/?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_viral_preview_0507
          Message 4 of 17 , May 10, 2007
            Thanks for the informative posts, Starman and carynlouise. Great. I
            always wanted an astonomical reading. Spot on!
          • carynlouise
            Message 5 of 17 , May 11, 2007
              Great post on Capricorn Dr Starman – thanks. It is so true
              especially saying Capricorn needs to express the natural melancholy
              of earth which they feel intensively. This expression shows truly
              great creative minds who achieve a balance with the elemental forces
              of air, water and fire together with the earth to produce great work.

              Capricorns like Goethe, Leonardo da Vinci, Dante and Blake have left
              us much evidence of this great creative mind at work.

              Sir George Trevelyan and Edward Matchett in their work `Twelve Seats
              at the Round Table' wrote development exercises for the Zodiac and
              they say in Capricorn `wisdom of experience is here achieved' and
              the purpose of Capricorn's exercise is `learning how to extend
              nature's achievement'.

              Nature is the primal creative force and many of the forms and
              patterns which she uses are so far in advance of the mechanistic
              quality of most of man's inventions that they can be a continual
              source of revelation to us.

              The `treasure of nature's knowledge' is to be found in the simplest
              mechanisms as well as the balances inherent in whole bodies. The
              lively and precious quality of life ever defies our expression as we
              attempt to represent organic systems.

              Yet it is this quality which illuminates the detailed study of
              natural phenomena and can enter into our creations.

              This exercise focuses on the elemental forces like – air, water,
              wind, earth, fire and with contemplation on these elements tuning
              into how their influence and presence permeates, encompasses and
              interacts the life space.

              Capricorn, this strange mythical beast half fish, half goat – what
              does our imagining make of this? We can swim down to the depths of
              the ocean, we can leap up the crags to the mountain peaks. We have
              potential mastery of the whole compass of earth experience from the
              deep unconscious to the heights of aspiration. Sequel to the Archer,
              we would expect to reach an achievement which prepares us for
              illumination. The sublimated energies are shaping higher man. Not
              only must he overcome and accept the dying of the lower self in
              Scorpio, but he must achieve mastery over the full range of the
              emotional and mental world, having all acts, all passions in his ken
              and having risen above their temptations. Hence rightly this is an
              Earth sign, completing the triplicity with Taurus and Virgo.

              The wisdom of experience is here achieved. The developed soul has a
              monk-like quality, in which the consciousness is turned inwards in
              preparation for the great change and awakening. The very shape of
              the glyph suggests this introspection by turning back upon itself.
              Thus it will be a lonely path. The ruler planet is Saturn. Chronos
              holds the latent energy of growth, the life potential.

              Capricorn stands opposite to Cancer and we have found that opposite
              signs are complimentary to each other. Thus Cancer was the birth
              sign of individualized man into the limitation of earth
              consciousness. Capricorn is the birth sign of man into cosmic
              consciousness. Here the highest type is Guatama Buddha, renouncing
              the world for higher illumination.

              Cancer ushered man into the world of senses. In Capricorn this world
              has become a prison out of which he must escape to be reborn as super-
              man in the world of Spirit. `Oh God I could be bounded in a nutshell
              and count myself the King of infinite space'.
              Through contemplation and turning inward he remembers his divine
              origin and becomes conscious of it.

              The high contemplative nature, looking on the passing world like the
              melancholy Jacques, turns his vision inward, waiting for the coming
              dawn. Here is the image of the monk in prayer upon his knees in his
              secret sanctuary. Does this give a clue as to why, in the starry
              archetype, Capricorn is associated with the knees? The full range of
              human experience is known and mastered and the advanced soul under
              Capricorn, attuned always to the Christ within, can safely move
              through the depths of the emotional life (the ocean of the psyche)
              and among the Luciferic temptations of higher thinking (the
              mountain).

              Thus through soul trail and ordeal he has qualified to receive the
              Coming Light. His whole soul is now directed innerly to the goal of
              illumination: `I have conquered the world'. Thus the character is
              that of the introvert, pondering, working upon himself, and though he
              may achieve high places of power and renown, he will rarely be
              satisfied or really at home in them for his soul had undertaken the
              inner quest.

              (In dedication to Norman Davidson whom I did not know but sounds a
              mighty fine man).

              A Capricorn Knights contribution to the Round Table is;

              Conscious Control, in each new moment linking needs and opportunities
              with resources, and making certain that actions and results are those
              required. This knight builds consciously on all previous
              achievements of man and nature, employing scientific data and new
              perceptions to the full. He strives for mastery over all of his own
              thoughts and emotions and looks back continuously to check that
              intentions have been realized. With each backwards-glance this
              knight gains additional bearings and wisdom on which to build and
              redirect efforts. It can be a highly intellectual pursuit.

              So Matthew this is your Sun, your individuality, self assurance and
              self reliance.

              Further your;

              Moon is in Aries
              Mercury is in Capricorn
              Venus is in Capricorn
              Mars is in Pisces
              Jupiter is in Scorpio
              Saturn is in Taurus
              Uranus is in Libra
              Neptune is in Sagittarius
              Pluto is in Virgo
              Moon's North Node is in Pisces
              Moon's South Node is in Virgo

              If you like to know what the placements mean, just shout. I'm sure
              between Dr Starman and myself we can look at one at a time. It is
              good to have the time of birth; the ascendant, midheaven and house
              placements are worked out from this time.

              Nice weekend all.
              Caryn

              :)
              Message 6 of 17 , May 11, 2007
                ******* Just one correction....

                >Capricorns like Goethe, Leonardo da Vinci, Dante and Blake have left
                >us much evidence of this great creative mind at work.

                ******* Goethe was a Virgo (with Scorpio rising): Leonardo was Aries or
                Taurus, depending on which birth date you accept (old style calendar, before
                the Gregorian, or after). I vote for Taurus myself.

> [...]
                >redirect efforts. It can be a highly intellectual pursuit.
                >
                >So Matthew this is your Sun, your individuality, self assurance and
                >self reliance.
                >
                >Further your;
                >
                >Moon is in Aries
                >Mercury is in Capricorn
                >Venus is in Capricorn
                >Mars is in Pisces
                >Jupiter is in Scorpio
                >Saturn is in Taurus
                >Uranus is in Libra
                >Neptune is in Sagittarius
                >Pluto is in Virgo
                >Moon's North Node is in Pisces
                >Moon's South Node is in Virgo
                >
                >If you like to know what the placements mean, just shout. I'm sure
                >between Dr Starman and myself we can look at one at a time. It is
                >good to have the time of birth; the ascendant, midheaven and house
                >placements are worked out from this time.

                Make every IM count. Download Messenger and join the i�m Initiative now.
                It�s free. http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGHM_MAY07
              • carynlouise
                Message 7 of 17 , May 12, 2007
                  --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Durward Starman" <DrStarman@...> wrote:

                  ******* Just one correction....

                  Capricorns like Goethe, Leonardo da Vinci, Dante and Blake have left
                  us much evidence of this great creative mind at work.

                  ******* Goethe was a Virgo (with Scorpio rising): Leonardo was Aries or
                  Taurus, depending on which birth date you accept (old style calendar,
                  before the Gregorian, or after). I vote for Taurus myself.

                  Dr. Starman

                  ***

                  Thanks for your reply Dr Starman. The interesting thing in Sir George
                  Trevelyan's & Edward Matchett's work in 'Twelve Seats at the Round
                  Table' they were not talking about the above people's Sun Sign but the
                  place of their North Node. Except Blake where his North Node is in Leo
                  and his Capricorn is in Venus. Possibly they placed Blake with the
                  other greats to show the romance which Capricorn may experience and
                  evident in Blake's work?

                  The Moon's North and South Node's are extremely interesting in a
                  birthchart and from my understanding these Nodes represent : South what
                  one is moving away from - North is what one is moving toward.

                  It is also thought the South Node is the entry point at birth and the
                  north Node is the exist point after earth life.

                  Another thought is the Moon's Nodes represent the Karma brought with
                  and the Karma resolved.

                  The Moon's Nodes are also known as the North: Dragon's Head and South:
                  Dragon's Tail. And we read Fred Gettings;

                  Dragon's Head
                  the north node of the Moon, the point where this body crosses the
                  ecliptic to begin its northward journey. The term, originally Caput
                  Draconis in traditional astrology (though with several variants), was
                  derived from the link made between the Sphere of the Moon and the
                  celestial Dragon forces: the Dragon was imagined as being curled
                  around the Earth, in symbol of the lunar sphere. It is said that the
                  eclipses were explained in terms of this celestial dragon swallowing
                  the Sun and then regurgitating it. The Dragon's Head is undoubtedly a
                  most powerful nodal point in the horoscope, though it is one usually
                  made efficacious only by transits and progressions. It is said to have
                  the equivalent nature of Jupiter and Venus, though some astrologers
                  insist that when touched by directions it releases into the life of the
                  native benefits due from karma.

                  So, it is interesting the authors of the 12 seats remark on the great
                  creative mind's north node (except Blake!)

                  It is interesting the un-clarity on Dante's Sun Sign. If we had to
                  look at how money affected his life we might be able to confirm Taurus.

                  The birthcharts of:

                  Johann Wolfgang von Goethe : 28 August 1749 – 22 March 1832 : Virgo
                  Capricorn: North Node

                  http://sidesearch.lycos.com/?page=0&query=goethe+birth%
                  2Bchart&hurl=http%3A%2F%2Ftmsyn.wc.ask.com%2Fr%3Ft%3Dan%26s%3Dju%26uid%
                  3D2c636cae2c636cae2%26sid%3D3c636cae2c636cae2%26o%3D0%26qid%
                  3DD430871705978FE8CF9E60E68F421069%26io%3D8%26sv%3D0a300588%26ask%
                  3Dsite%253Atripod.com%2Bgoethe%2Bbirth%252Bchart%26uip%3Dc636cae2%26en%
                  3Dte%26eo%3D7%26pt%3DThe%2BVertex%2Bastrology%2Buranian%2Bcosmobiology%
                  2Bmidpoints%26ac%3D18%26qs%3D121%26pg%3D1%26u%3Dhttp%3A%2F%
                  2Fmembers.tripod.com%2Fjunojuno2%2Fvertex.htm

                  Leonardo da Vinci : 15 April 1452 – 2 May 1519 : Aries
                  Capricorn : North Node

                  http://www.astrodatabank.com/NM/daVinciLeonardo.htm

                  Dante Alighieri : 14 May/13 June 1265 – 13/14 September 1321 : Aries?
                  Taurus?
                  Capricorn : North Node

                  http://www.astrologyinstitute.com/Articles/chart_dante2.htm
                  http://www.astrologyinstitute.com/Articles/chart_dante1.htm

                  William Blake : 28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827 : Sagittarius
                  Capricorn : Venus
                  North Node : Leo

                  http://www.dominantstar.com/3William_Blake.gif

                  Best regards
                  Caryn
                • carynlouise
                  Message 8 of 17 , May 14, 2007
                    ... and Rudolf Steiner's North Node is in Capricorn ...

                    now there's a thing amazing!

                    Dr Starman; I've come across three conflicting birth dates for
                    Rudolf -

                    1. 27 February 1861
                    http://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA008/English/RPC1961/GA008_sketch.html

                    2. 2 February 1861
                    http://www.rsarchive.org/Links/out_frame.php?
                    PHPSESSID=03df36df7ed64d505614731993359c6a&ID=124

                    3. 25 February 1861
                    http://www.rsarchive.org/Forums/view.php?
                    bn=eliboard&key=1020471720&first=&last=1007776636&here

                    I have always thought the 27th - Pisces. Of course the 2nd would
                    make him an Aquarian.

                    mmm maybe the 2nd is a typo error?

                    It doesn't change the North Node position though;
                    http://www.khaldea.com/kldaephem/1800/feb1861gmt.shtml

                    (just like to add here, my huge respects to the Rudolf Steiner
                    Archive - you are great)
                  • carynlouise

                      Message 10 of 17 , May 14, 2007
                        *******Yes, it's a typo, Feb. 2. And the 25th date is because some people
                        later found out the 27th was the day Steiner was baptized, so they figured
                        he must have been born a few days earlier: but actually he was so weak when
                        born that they gave him an emergency baptism the same day. He cast his chart
                        himself and had the 27th as the day. 13 degrees Scorpio rising, by the way.
                        As anyone could tell by the eyes and eyebrows.

                        The North Node takes about a year and a half to go around the zodiac, so
                        it's in the same sign for a month and a half.

                        >From: "carynlouise" <carynlouise@...>
                        >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
                        >Subject: [steiner] Re: Life & Capricorn
                        >Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 13:25:14 -0000
                        >
                        >... and Rudolf Steiner's North Node is in Capricorn ...
                        >
                        >now there's a thing amazing!
                        >
                        >Dr Starman; I've come across three conflicting birth dates for
                        >Rudolf -
                        >
                        >1. 27 February 1861
                        >http://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA008/English/RPC1961/GA008_sketch.html
                        >
                        >2. 2 February 1861
                        >http://www.rsarchive.org/Links/out_frame.php?
                        >PHPSESSID=03df36df7ed64d505614731993359c6a&ID=124
                        >
                        >3. 25 February 1861
                        >http://www.rsarchive.org/Forums/view.php?
                        >bn=eliboard&key=1020471720&first=&last=1007776636&here
                        >
                        >I have always thought the 27th - Pisces. Of course the 2nd would
                        >make him an Aquarian.
                        >
                        >mmm maybe the 2nd is a typo error?
                        >
                        >It doesn't change the North Node position though;
                        >http://www.khaldea.com/kldaephem/1800/feb1861gmt.shtml
                        >

                        >(just like to add here, my huge respects to the Rudolf Steiner
                        >Archive - you are great)

                        Live Hotmail.
                      • carynlouise
                        Message 11 of 17 , May 14, 2007
                          --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Durward Starman" <DrStarman@...> wrote:

                          *******Yes, it's a typo, Feb. 2. And the 25th date is because some
                          people later found out the 27th was the day Steiner was baptized, so
                          they figured he must have been born a few days earlier: but actually he
                          was so weak when born that they gave him an emergency baptism the same
                          day. He cast his chart himself and had the 27th as the day. 13 degrees
                          Scorpio rising, by the way. As anyone could tell by the eyes and
                          eyebrows. The North Node takes about a year and a half to go around the
                          zodiac, so it's in the same sign for a month and a half.

                          ~~~

                          Thanks for clarity on Rudolf Steiner's birth date. Goethe is also
                          Scorpio rising - the Eagle :)

                          What a glorious day the 27th Feb 1861 was that this humble but
                          magnificent man Rudolf Steiner was born.

                          Gloria.

                          ~~~
                        • carynlouise
                          Message 12 of 17 , May 15, 2007
                            (My apologies if it seems im flooding the board!)

                            Sir George Trevelyan & Edward Matchett `Twelve Seats at the Round
                            Table' Zodiac Development Exercise

                            Taurus

                            Undifferentiated Receptivity

                            Purpose of exercise: Learning to put all of life's experiences to
                            more positive and meaningful use.

                            `Little Jack Horner
                            Sat in a corner,
                            Eating his Christmas pie.
                            He put in his thumb
                            And pulled out a plum,
                            And said, What a good boy am I'

                            Jack Horner seems a little overpleased with himself, but nothing of
                            significance can be achieved without collecting and valuing the
                            fruits of the past, and making them secure for further use. It is
                            particularly important that the highlights of one's experiences and
                            attainments become the stepping stones to new levels of endeavour and
                            achievement.

                            Reflect on your whole range of life experiences and attainments and
                            choose twenty or so moments from this whole pageant of life, when you
                            were conscious of a greater richness of content, a higher level or
                            quality of insight and/or attainment than at other times. Hopefully
                            certain of these moments will be associated with actual personal
                            achievements, but it is neither necessary nor desirable that all of
                            them should be.

                            Discriminate very carefully, replacing some potential candidates with
                            others until you possess a mental snap-shot album of twenty items
                            that you believe to be especially important. In making your final
                            selection take care that these memories are not all of one kind.
                            They should be a balanced feast of the fruits of life.

                            Having made your selection dwell on them long and often. Write down
                            your thoughts and feelings about these matters and keep extending the
                            depth of detail and the intimacy of observation. Do not concern
                            yourself with how this material is to enter into new creations that
                            you will produce. Simply select your fruit and let it find it's own
                            way into the `Christmas pudding'.

                            Whenever you decide to repeat this exercise, make a determined effort
                            to locate examples and aspects of your work and experiences where
                            some new `high' has been savoured, especially where this is in an
                            altogether new direction. But do not then neglect the earlier
                            treasures. Simply process these further until you gain yet further
                            insights concerning them, and a renewed sense of their importance and
                            value. Always take care to continue the processing until there is a
                            clear knowledge of what you are valuing.

                            Taurus's contribution to the Round Table-

                            Intelligent Openness, to self, to other people, the total problem
                            situation and whole range of life-experiences to find help, energy
                            and inspiration for the task in hand. No experience is too
                            insignificant and no realm too vast, exalted or obscure to be
                            obtained in the work which this knight has to perform.

                            ***
                          • carynlouise
                            Message 13 of 17 , May 28, 2007
                              Johann Wolfgang von Goethe : 28 August 1749 – 22 March 1832 : Virgo
                              Capricorn: North Node

                              Leonardo da Vinci : 15 April 1452 – 2 May 1519 : Aries
                              Capricorn : North Node

                              Dante Alighieri : 14 May/13 June 1265 – 13/14 September 1321 : Aries?
                              Taurus?
                              Capricorn : North Node

                              Rudolf Steiner : 27 February 1861 : Pisces
                              Capricorn : North Node

                              --- I have been contemplating why we were shown the above great
                              people's North Nodes in Capricorn. Reading part of Alice Bailey's
                              Capricorn account in Fred Gettings Astrology; may add further -

                              Gate of Death - name applied to the sign Capricorn, sometimes to the
                              Sphere of Saturn. In esoteric astrology it is said that the soul in
                              its post mortem experience aspires to travel to the Sphere of Saturn,
                              which marks the boundaries of time, and it is almost certain this
                              association which gives rise to the term. Equally, since Cancer is
                              associated with the Gate of Birth, it is probable that, by virtue of
                              being the extreme polarity of this sign, Capricorn was by extension
                              associated with death, as the Throne of that Planet which marked the
                              end of time. (See, also Crocodile) In her account of esoteric
                              astrology, Bailey says that the sign Capricorn has been recognized down
                              the ages as the 'doorway into life of those who know not death'.

                              ****
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jun 6 9:01 PM
                                Interesting to me as I also have the North Node in Capricorn.

                                >From: "carynlouise" <carynlouise@...>
                                >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
                                >Subject: [steiner] Re: Life & Capricorn
                                >Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 09:48:02 -0000
                                >
                                >Johann Wolfgang von Goethe : 28 August 1749 � 22 March 1832 : Virgo
                                >Capricorn: North Node
                                >
                                >Leonardo da Vinci : 15 April 1452 � 2 May 1519 : Aries
                                >Capricorn : North Node
                                >
                                >Dante Alighieri : 14 May/13 June 1265 � 13/14 September 1321 : Aries?
                                >Taurus?
                                >Capricorn : North Node
                                >
                                >Rudolf Steiner : 27 February 1861 : Pisces
                                >Capricorn : North Node
                                >
                                >--- I have been contemplating why we were shown the above great
                                >people's North Nodes in Capricorn. Reading part of Alice Bailey's
                                >Capricorn account in Fred Gettings Astrology; may add further -
                                >
                                >Gate of Death - name applied to the sign Capricorn, sometimes to the
                                >Sphere of Saturn. In esoteric astrology it is said that the soul in
                                >its post mortem experience aspires to travel to the Sphere of Saturn,
                                >which marks the boundaries of time, and it is almost certain this
                                >association which gives rise to the term. Equally, since Cancer is
                                >associated with the Gate of Birth, it is probable that, by virtue of
                                >being the extreme polarity of this sign, Capricorn was by extension
                                >associated with death, as the Throne of that Planet which marked the
                                >end of time. (See, also Crocodile) In her account of esoteric
                                >astrology, Bailey says that the sign Capricorn has been recognized down
                                >the ages as the 'doorway into life of those who know not death'.
                                >
                                >****

                              • carynlouise
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jun 7 12:51 AM

                                  From: "carynlouise" <carynlouise@...>
                                  To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
                                  Subject: [steiner] Re: Life & Capricorn
                                  Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 09:48:02 -0000

[...]

                                  There's a thing! It is an interesting placement. Starman you right
                                  to say we shouldn't discuss politics - it only gets everybody in a
                                  tizz and we should leave it to the politicians - we'll find far more
                                  answers in the heavens!

                                  We should all try get on finding common ground in the Zodiac - maybe
                                  Stephen's North Node is also in Capricorn! Matthew's North Node is in
                                  Pisces - there's a thing! My North Node is in Gemini :) Now this
                                  means .. erm what does this mean!

                                  I realise in my Venus Transit post - the RS link talks about the
                                  Transit but not the Venus consciousness. This link does:

                                  http://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA011/CM/GA011_c13.html;mark=218,22,27#W
                                  N_mark
                                  Cosmic Memory
                                  The Earth and Its Future

                                  I wonder if this has to do with the coming of the Sun in the vernal
                                  equinox of Aquarius?