Soul-Calendar, Mantra #5

    Message 1 of 2 , May 7 10:21 AM
      The "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      days.

      THE ZODIAC IMAGE:
      constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era.
      A version of the new symbolic image of the BULL from the original
      Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is
      attached to this e-mail.

      uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
      experience.

      English to German.

      *Mantra #5*
      Im Lichte, das aus Gesistestiefen
      In Raume fruchtbar webend
      Der G�tter Schaffen offenbart:
      In ihm erscheint der Seele Wesen
      Geweitet zu dem Weltensein
      Und auferstanden
      Aus enger Selbstheit Innenmacht.

      In Light, that out of Spirit-Deeps
      Weaving in Space bearing its fruit
      The Gods� Shaping is revealed :
      In it shines the Soul�s Essence
      Widened to the World-Existence
      And resurrected
      Out of narrow Selfhood�s Inner Might.

      *******A few words about the mantra's meaning, from my experience:
      By use of the mantra we sense how the weaving of the Sun in the growth of
      the plants reveals the Divine working, and we can feel that this spiritual
      essence working in the spring growth of the plants is similar to our own
      inner soul essence, that it is like our soul spread out in external space
      when the soul's forces are released from the ego's directing of them in
      ordinary life.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:
      some of the spiritual figures and events connected with the days.

      Sunday, May 6th. Moon Capricorn. John, writer of the Gospel and the
      Apocalypse.

      Monday, May 7th. Moon Capricorn. Gottfried.

      Tuesday, May 8th. Moon Aquarius. The Prophet Micah. H.P. Blavatsky died
      1891.

      Wesnesday May 9th. Moon Aquarius. Last Quarter. Schiller died 1805.

      Thursday, May 10th. Moon Pisces. Gordian.

      Friday, May 11th. Moon Pisces. Otto von Guernicke (inventor of the air-pump)
      died 1686.

      Saturday, May 12th. Moon Aries. Pancratius.

      Dr. Starman

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:
      Venus is a brilliant Evening Star in the West above the setting sun each
      evening, near the Twins.

      Saturn is in the stars of Leo in the southwest at sunset, at the feet of the
      Lion.

      Bright Jupiter rises in the southeast about an hour after sunset.

      Watch free concerts with Pink, Rod Stewart, Oasis and more.� Visit MSN In
      Concert today. http://music.msn.com/presents?icid=ncmsnpresentstagline
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2 4:33 PM
      • 1 Attachment
      • 93 KB

           The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                     ****** ***
                  THE ZODIAC IMAGE
         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st to June 15th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

      *MANTRA #5*

      Im Lichte, das aus Gesistestiefen

      In Raume fruchtbar webend

      Der Götter Schaffen offenbart:

      In ihm erscheint der Seele Wesen

      Geweitet zu dem Weltensein

      Und auferstanden

      Aus enger Selbstheit Innenmacht.

      In Light, that out of Spirit-Deeps

      Is weaving in Space bearing its fruit,

      The Gods’ Shaping is revealed :

      In it shines the Soul’s Essence

      Widened to World-Existence

      And resurrected

      Out of narrow Selfhood’s Inner Might.

      *******An interpretation:

      The weaving of the Sun in the growth of the plants reveals the Divine working.

      We can feel that this spiritual essence working is similar to our own inner souls, that it is like our soul spread out in external space.

                THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, May 2nd Moon Capricorn. Leonardo da Vinci died 1519. Novalis born 1772.

      Monday,  May 3rd. Moon Capricorn. Empress Helena found the Cross of Christ in Jerusalem 326 A.D.

      Tuesday,  May 4th. Moon Aquarius. Monica, mother of Augustine dies 387 A.D.

      Wednesday,  May 5th. Moon Aquarius.  Last Quarter. Columbus discovers America 1492.

      Thursday,  May 6th. Moon Aquarius.  John, writer of the Gospel and the Apocalypse.

      Friday,   May 7th Moon Pisces. Gottfried.

      Saturday,   May 8th. Moon Pisces.  The Prophet Micah. H.P. Blavatsky died 1891.

      PLANETS in the Night Sky:

      Brilliant VENUS has now become an 'evening star' and is seen in the West above the setting sun.

      Reddish MARS is high in the sky, almost directly overhead (at the zenith), at sunset.

      SATURN rises in the southeast at sunset.