Newton

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2007
      It should be fairly easy to understand Steiner's innate aversion to
      the Conservation of Energy Theorem, and why he preached against it in
      his lectures. The theorem assumes that we live in a "closed"
      universe that is totally physical, where there's no such thing as an
      isolated force; to the contrary, Newton says, all forces occur in
      pairs.

      Instead of an "open" universe penetrated by subtle etheric energy,
      Newton presents us with a closed, mechanical world, ruled by opposing
      powers. His famous mantra is "for every action there is an equal,
      but opposite, reaction." Energy is neither created nor destroyed,
      but is forever changing states as it encounters equal or opposite
      forces.

      Here is the strange part. An unavoidable, logical outcome of
      Newtonian physics is that with each physical interaction there's a
      minute, irreversible, change in energy, from a higher to a lower
      state. This means the universe is slowly losing complexity; it is
      slowly returning to its primal condition. Eventually,
      Newton says in his law of entropy, the universe will simply "run
      down" like a used-up battery exhausted of energy.

      And yet, as far as practicality goes, Newton's laws of motion are
      indispensable for the engineer or anyone involved in construction
      projects requiring mathematical data. Or, even if you're building an
      outhouse at your cabin in the woods, you might need to know a few
      simple formulas derived by Newton. In that case, it doesn't matter
      if we're living in a closed or open universe. Nor does it matter if
      the universe is "running down." All you need is some place to pinch
      a loaf.
    • My2Cents
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 26, 2007
        I'm very glad to see this - thank you, Mathew! This is an excellent summation of physics as I recall from my college years, and I� earned the wrath of my instructor by asking what was so surprising about an apple falling to the ground from a height? We were already aware of the weightlessness in outer space, but thankfully for our instructor that wasn't a factor in this course and there was certainly nothing pertaining to Steiner's truths! Steiner had many things to say about Newton's "theorem," as I recall, and with excellent cause! I hope you write more about "science," Matthew, since it plays an enormous part in my career even though I've been able to "see around the edges," hopefully sufficiently!

        Blessings,

        My2Cents

        --- On Thu 04/26, Mathew Morrell < tma4cbt@... > wrote:�

[...]

        No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
      • Stephen Hale
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 28, 2007
          <snip>
          > And yet, as far as practicality goes, Newton's laws of motion are
          > indispensable for the engineer or anyone involved in construction
          > projects requiring mathematical data. Or, even if you're building an
          > outhouse at your cabin in the woods, you might need to know a few
          > simple formulas derived by Newton. In that case, it doesn't matter
          > if we're living in a closed or open universe. Nor does it matter if
          > the universe is "running down." All you need is some place to pinch
          > a loaf.

          Well, consider the objective picture of "pinching a loaf". What does
          it take to make this happen? It takes a rectum which is connected to
          the sphincter which is connected to the colon which is connected to the
          intestine which is connected to the digestive tract which is connected
          to the metabolic process itself. And nothing could be more of the
          nature of a closed universe then that.

          But it is out of a closed universal concept that the real nature of the
          earth consciousness is formed in object pictures. And it takes a
          densely embodied human being to make out the sharp edged and hard-
          outlined external world of our current perception and cognition. This
          is what represents the fourth conditon of consciousness, exclusive to
          the earth that finally was able to divest itself of the Old Moon
          clairvoyance beginning with the demise of Atlantis. Thus, began
          the "falling-to-sleep" stage of human evolution on earth; the Old
          Testament phase, which completed itself when Strato of Lampsachus
          brought the Aristotelian world conception into material space. As
          such, he mirrored the prophet Isaiah who said: Make straight the way of
          the Lord; make His paths level. And this is why Strato was named
          successor to the Lyceum rather than Theophrastus' nominee, Nelius.

          The goal was to prepare the horizontal plane of objective being for
          when the Christ would incarnate in Jesus, who walked out of the Jordan
          onto the solid ground for the first time as the Pisces Initiate
          baptized by his cousin, John of Aquarius. So, then sleep befalls
          mankind as represented by the microcosm of the Last Supper bestowed on
          the disciples. Mankind slept for the next two thousand years in order
          to begin to wake up on the objective plane of three-dimensional being;
          a being that necessitates the closing off of the open universe known in
          a certain form at the height of the Atlantean civilization.

          So, yes we would be reverting back to the open universal conception,
          but with the fruit of hard-edged three-dimensionality now in the
          picture that wants to meet both the Sun and the Moon.

          Steve Hale