Re: General Anthroposophical Society expels 44 members

  • Stephen Hale
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25, 2007
      Willy Heidt's "Initiative To All" formed a brief discourse into what
      ails the 'Living the Christmas Conference' folk; and I wonder if any
      of them know what it has to say? It is easy to be reactionary these
      days, but it seems that these folks have completely missed it.

      Steve

      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Durward Starman" <DrStarman@...>
      wrote:

      > ******* Thank you for posting the link to your web site, Tom.
      >
      > If anyone is interested in what the group of a few dozen
      cranks has been
      > doing since 1989 (under the heading of 'the Constitution question'
      and
      > numerous nuisances like lawsuits against Steiner and
      anthroposophy), an
      > accounting by the leaders we elect to guide the Society of how
      they have
      > been forced to deal with it by expelling 44 members can be found
      here:

      > http://www.philosophyoffreedom.com/?q=node/1256
      >
      > I wish I could say this will be the end of their stuff, but I
      doubt it.
      > At least it wil stop their disrupting meetings of the Society with
      > Roman-style legalisms. Excluing these members will not cost us any
      artistic
      > life-blood because these folks never did anything creative nor
      participated
      > in any schools, eurythmy, etc.
      >
      > I know several of the members of the Executive Council
      personally and
      > can vouch for their total dedication to anthroposophy and
      everything Steiner
      > lived for. These people trashing them have no basis for their
      criticisms at
      > all.
      >
      > All societies have cranks who think they could run everything
      better and
      > then, when they're not elected, form schisms. It's a mark of the
      influence
      > of Lucifer. Resisting such anti-social impulses is one of the
      trials we face
      > on the path of initiation. People who fail become tools of
      Lucifer. C'est la
      > vie. Or, as our late Kurt Vonnegut used to say, "So it goes."
      >
      > Dr. Starman
      > www.DrStarman.com
      >

      > >From: "Tom" <fairoakspof@...>
      > >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: [steiner] General Anthroposophical Society expels 44
      > >members--Expelled members sue GAS
      > >Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 21:13:22 -0000
      > >
      > >You may have heard that the Executive Council of the General
      > >Anthroposophical Society (GAS) at the Goetheanum in Dornach,
      Switzerland
      > >recently expelled 44 members of the Anthroposophical Society
      because of
      > >their concurrent membership in the "Living the Christmas
      > >Conference" group. The Executive Council accuses the members of
      the
      > >group of having waged a negative campaign against the GAS which
      had
      > >begun to sap the strength of the society...

      > Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.
      > http://games.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?
      icid=flexicon_hmemailtaglineapril07