Soul-Calendar, Verse 3

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2007
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      days.

      constellation ARIES from April 14th through 30th in our era.
      A version of the new symbolic image of the RAM from the original
      Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is
      attached to this e-mail.

      This week's mantra.
      uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
      experience.

      English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 3 *
      Es spricht zum Weltenall,
      Sich Selbst vergessend
      Und seines Urstands eingedenk,
      Des Menschen wachsend Ich:
      In dir, befreiend nich,
      Aus meiner Eigenheiten Fessel,
      Ergr�nd ich mein echtes Wesen.

      There speaks to the World-All,
      Of Self forgetful
      And of its Primal state one in thinking,
      Man�s waxing �I�:
      �In you, freeing me
      From my selfhood�s chains,
      I reach down to my true Essence�.

      AN INTERPRETATION OF THIS WEEK'S MANTRA:

      The spring is the time when we change from an inner "self-consciousness"
      to outer "nature-consciousness". Verse 1 (we always start at Easter) spoke
      of how the Sun and the Growth in the outer world of Nature spoke to our
      senses and joined us to the Spirit that calls forth this new life--- verse
      2, of how our thinking loses its separated existence by joining with the
      senses (the plants springing forth and so on).

      This week continues the theme of 'forgetting oneself': the first 4 lines
      point to a distinction, so to speak, between self and Self, or the little
      ego and the True Self: the true "I" within us now seeks to 'speak' to the
      World-All, forgetful of the everyday 'self'. This means the Primal
      Individuality we have within. In using these first 4 lines one should feel
      these two 'selves' distinctly different, should feel this deep True Self is
      now connecting with the World, forgetful of the everyday self.

      **********************************

      some of the spiritual figures and events connected with the days.

      Sunday, April 22nd. Moon Cancer. Kant born 1724.

      Monday, April 23rd. Moon Leo. George (slayer of the Dragon, that according
      to legend lived in the time of Diocletian). Shaespeare born 1564.

      Tuesday, April 24th. Moon Leo. First Quarter. Sigmund.

      Wesnesday April 25th. Moon Leo. Mark the Evangelist.

      Thursday, April 26th. Moon Virgo. Uhland born 1787.

      Friday, April 27th. Moon Virgo. Tertullian (famous Church teacher of the
      3rd century). Socrates born 470 B.C. Emerson died 1882.

      Saturday, April 28th. Moon Libra. Eusebius.

      Dr. Starman

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:
      Venus is a brilliant Evening Star in the West above the setting sun each
      evening. The bright reddish star below and to the left of it is Aldebaran,
      the Eye of the Bull of Taurus.

      Saturn is high in the sky in the stars of Leo in the southwest at sunset, at
      the feet of and in front of the Lion, directly south (on the meridian) about
      7 PM.

      Bright Jupiter rises in the southeast about an hour after sunset.

      Don�t quit your job � Take Classes Online and Earn your Degree in 1 year.
      Start Today!
      http://www.classesusa.com/clickcount.cfm?id=866146&goto=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.classesusa.com%2Ffeaturedschools%2Fonlinedegreesmp%2Fform-dyn1.html%3Fsplovr%3D866144