General Anthroposophical Society expels 44 members--Expelled members sue GAS

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 20, 2007

      You may have heard that the Executive Council of the General Anthroposophical Society (GAS) at the Goetheanum in Dornach, Switzerland recently expelled 44 members of the Anthroposophical Society because of their concurrent membership in the "Living the Christmas Conference" group. The Executive Council accuses the members of the group of having waged a negative campaign against the GAS which had begun to sap the strength of the society.

      There has been resistance to the way the leadership of the Anthroposophical Society is set up, which allows for the membership to behave in a subservient manner, following leaders who are without any expected accountability for their actions. The Executive Council (Vorstand) chooses each other and then presents themselves as a block to be accepted at the annual meetings. The "Living the Christmas Conference" group states the Executive Council has not furnished any proof that their members had ever been guilty of any action out of keeping with anthroposophical tasks and goals.

      It is now being reported that the "Living the Christmas Conference" group is going to take the society to court "to counter the injustice of the expulsions."

      I have posted seven reports on the battle between the Executive Council and the "Living the Christmas Conference" group at www.philosophyoffreedom.com  for those who are interested in this ongoing story. They are:
      • Expelled members take Anthroposophical Society to court
      • Report on the March 31, 2007 annual general meeting of the Anthroposophical Society at the Goetheanum in Dornach
      • GAS Executive Council Official Letter to explain expulsions with Reply from 888goya.org
      • Who is Francesco de Goya?
      • More On The Anthroposophical Societies purge of 44 members
      • General Anthroposophical Society expels 44 members
      • Police Raid General Anthroposophical Society
      I also have started posting videos of lectures, eurythmy, Beethoven, cartoons, art, etc. to mix up the content and provide a variety of interesting things.

      Best Regards,
      Tom
      www.philosophyoffreedom.com

      .
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 20, 2007
        ******* Thank you for posting the link to your web site, Tom.

        If anyone is interested in what the group of a few dozen cranks has been
        doing since 1989 (under the heading of 'the Constitution question' and
        numerous nuisances like lawsuits against Steiner and anthroposophy), an
        accounting by the leaders we elect to guide the Society of how they have
        been forced to deal with it by expelling 44 members can be found here:

        http://www.philosophyoffreedom.com/?q=node/1256

        I wish I could say this will be the end of their stuff, but I doubt it.
        At least it wil stop their disrupting meetings of the Society with
        Roman-style legalisms. Excluing these members will not cost us any artistic
        life-blood because these folks never did anything creative nor participated
        in any schools, eurythmy, etc.

        I know several of the members of the Executive Council personally and
        can vouch for their total dedication to anthroposophy and everything Steiner
        lived for. These people trashing them have no basis for their criticisms at
        all.

        All societies have cranks who think they could run everything better and
        then, when they're not elected, form schisms. It's a mark of the influence
        of Lucifer. Resisting such anti-social impulses is one of the trials we face
        on the path of initiation. People who fail become tools of Lucifer. C'est la
        vie. Or, as our late Kurt Vonnegut used to say, "So it goes."

        >From: "Tom" <fairoakspof@...>
        >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [steiner] General Anthroposophical Society expels 44
        >members--Expelled members sue GAS
        >Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 21:13:22 -0000
        >
        >You may have heard that the Executive Council of the General
        >Anthroposophical Society (GAS) at the Goetheanum in Dornach, Switzerland
        >recently expelled 44 members of the Anthroposophical Society because of
        >their concurrent membership in the "Living the Christmas
        >Conference" group. The Executive Council accuses the members of the
        >group of having waged a negative campaign against the GAS which had
        >begun to sap the strength of the society...

        Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.
      • Stephen Hale
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 25, 2007
          Willy Heidt's "Initiative To All" formed a brief discourse into what
          ails the 'Living the Christmas Conference' folk; and I wonder if any
          of them know what it has to say? It is easy to be reactionary these
          days, but it seems that these folks have completely missed it.

          Steve

          --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Durward Starman" <DrStarman@...>
          wrote:

          > ******* Thank you for posting the link to your web site, Tom.
          >
          > If anyone is interested in what the group of a few dozen
          cranks has been
          > doing since 1989 (under the heading of 'the Constitution question'
          and
          > numerous nuisances like lawsuits against Steiner and
          anthroposophy), an
          > accounting by the leaders we elect to guide the Society of how
          they have
          > been forced to deal with it by expelling 44 members can be found
          here:

          > http://www.philosophyoffreedom.com/?q=node/1256
          >
          > I wish I could say this will be the end of their stuff, but I
          doubt it.
          > At least it wil stop their disrupting meetings of the Society with
          > Roman-style legalisms. Excluing these members will not cost us any
          artistic
          > life-blood because these folks never did anything creative nor
          participated
          > in any schools, eurythmy, etc.
          >
          > I know several of the members of the Executive Council
          personally and
          > can vouch for their total dedication to anthroposophy and
          everything Steiner
          > lived for. These people trashing them have no basis for their
          criticisms at
          > all.
          >
          > All societies have cranks who think they could run everything
          better and
          > then, when they're not elected, form schisms. It's a mark of the
          influence
          > of Lucifer. Resisting such anti-social impulses is one of the
          trials we face
          > on the path of initiation. People who fail become tools of
          Lucifer. C'est la
          > vie. Or, as our late Kurt Vonnegut used to say, "So it goes."
          >
          > Dr. Starman
          > www.DrStarman.com
          >

          > >From: "Tom" <fairoakspof@...>
          > >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
          > >Subject: [steiner] General Anthroposophical Society expels 44
          > >members--Expelled members sue GAS
          > >Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 21:13:22 -0000
          > >
          > >You may have heard that the Executive Council of the General
          > >Anthroposophical Society (GAS) at the Goetheanum in Dornach,
          Switzerland
          > >recently expelled 44 members of the Anthroposophical Society
          because of
          > >their concurrent membership in the "Living the Christmas
          > >Conference" group. The Executive Council accuses the members of
          the
          > >group of having waged a negative campaign against the GAS which
          had
          > >begun to sap the strength of the society...

          > Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.
          > http://games.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?
          icid=flexicon_hmemailtaglineapril07