Re: Robin Hood and Spirit-Science

  • premabrahma
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2007
      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Durward Starman" <DrStarman@...> wrote:

      > *******You may be right, Danny. Such people may be following idealistic
      > behavior. To me, the crux of the matter is: are they talking about
      things to
      > happen voluntarily, or by FORCE ?

      Well, the study did not involve much force. For sake of catchyness and
      ease of recognition of the Concept perhaps they have decided to call
      it the Robin Hood impulse, but it is far from fitting the description
      of taking other people's wealth by force. We agree that stealing isn't
      in itself a noble thing, and so are the societies in which we live.
      Not very noble, not very wise, but deep down inside lays a potential
      to explore, one that senses-life cannot bring forward on its own. And
      in this line of thinking, in this direction of mind; the Democratic,
      Egalitarian Impulse, comes this other example that is Wikipedia and
      this other one with a name even more revelatory: Citizendium.
      (http://en.citizendium.org/wiki/Main_Page)

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Threefolding

      Social Threefolding

      "uncoerced cooperation/community in economic life."

      "threefold social order" is not a finite blueprint or something that
      might be "implemented" in the course of a day or even a century.
      Steiner made many concrete reform proposals, but the threefold social
      order is a living open direction and process, not a fixed or finite plan."

      I would not call myself a Robin Hood of the Social Threefolding,
      but an attentive observer of the world that surround me, active in
      That good may become
      What I
      From my heart do found,
      What I
      From my head
      Direct with purposeful
      Willing.

      Not dismissing one thing because it looks too much like this or too
      much like that, but considering it on its own merit. Comparisons may
      always apply, but let they remain at the periphery of the empirically
      observed phenomena deserving all our attention.

      Nowadays this is the Cultural Sphere that is sorrily lacking,
      the Sophic, the Anthropo-Sophic. We are far from the Science of the
      Spirit still...

      It is like the Social Threefolding it appears...

      "not a finite blueprint or something that might be "implemented" in
      the course of a day or even a century."

      Hope remains.

      Danny

      > If people believe wealth is distributed unequally, then are they,
      like
      > Bill Gates, giving away a portion of their own wealth? Or are they
      agitating
      > to use the power of government---- the sole legitimate user of
      force---- to
      > force OTHER people to be what they judge as 'more generous'?
      >
      > Are they wllling to give away something of theirs or only raging
      about
      > "the rich" and just wanting OTHER people to do what they consider right?
      >
      > I regard the former as evidence of true compassion and desire for
      > fairness; the latter, as an excuse to impose your morality and force
      your
      > will on others. People who think they know better than everyone else
      how all
      > people should live always find that attractive. It's a 'Luciferic' trap.
      >
      > You can dismiss others' objections as motivated by not being as
      > intelligent or clear-sighted as yourself, but the child who knew the
      emperor
      > had no clothes wasn't 'wise', either. He just didn't see what all
      the people
      > imagined they saw.
      >
      > People can always be generous with giving away other peoples'
      things.
      > It's as easy as pointing out others' faults.
      >
      > Starman
      >
      > www.DrStarman.com
      >
      > P.S. And I note there was not one quote from Steiner to back up
      stealing
      > from other people as 'noble'.
      >

      > >From: Danny <premabrahma@...>
      > >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: Re: [steiner] Digest Number 1385
      > >Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 07:39:00 -0700 (PDT)
      > >

      > >Hi Starman,
      > >
      > >This is you who automatically attach that Equalizing behaviour to a
      larger
      > >body
      > >of a written thought system known as Marxism. That's a bit of sad
      > >application, or rather
      > >assimilation to an already made philosophy of the PAST, of a PAST
      guy, that
      > >really
      > >has no real root anywhere as something that spring freshly out of
      regular
      > >people
      > >interacting together as a community imbued with Moral qualities.
      Rather is
      > >more representative what this study group has done out of the blue,
      and far
      > >from being something to be despised, it rather shows the remaining
      healthy
      > >core that lives in human beings in regard of Brotherhood and the
      sense of
      > >Justice underlying Equality. Note that they did not have exactly all
      > > the same amount and that no imposed theory has been cast on the
      mind of
      > >these people; they rather listened to their own Conscience. It is
      grounded
      > >in the reality of the current men actually living on Earth.
      Peer-to-Peer
      > >Social software applications (for example http://www.slsknet.org/)
      are a
      > >manifestation of that matter of fact in its own way. There is a
      sort of
      > >stealing right, but in the Robin Hood fashion also. We do not live
      in the
      > >Old Testament world no more. One has to judge for himself and take the
      > >Karma that comes with it. Let Freedom and Love rule; let Good Will
      be, and
      > >in the end all will be fine and the Egotistical distortions of the
      Soul and
      > >the Acid and Harshness of Condemnations will vanish and the forecasted
      > >establishment of the Christ-World Atmosphere shall surround us all
      and the
      > >World will be Light.
      > >The Antiquated Marxist "file" that is in your mind and like to use
      from
      > >time to time,
      > > likewise, shall find itself irrelevant and disappear as an idea
      that has
      > >no Future in the Evolution of Mankind.
      > >
      > >Danny

      > >3a. Re: Study reveals "Robin Hood impulse" in human nature
      > > Posted by: "Durward Starman" DrStarman@... durwardstarman
      > > Date: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:34 pm ((PDT))
      > >
      > >*******I'd say this is why no one listens to the so-called 'THREEFOLD
      > >SOCIAL
      > >ORDER' stuff anymore, because so many well-meaning people have
      confused it
      > >with Marxism, Danny.
      > >
      > > Do you think it's an admirable character trait to steal or
      take by
      > >force
      > >from productive people in society and then give what you rob to
      > >non-productive
      > > people?
      > >
      > > In terms of reflecting the human body in the "Body Politic",
      I'd say
      > >that's the equivalent of taking from the heart or liver cells and
      using
      > >them
      > >to grow extra large earlobes or other useless appendages. Or tumors.
      > >
      > > Look at every society that's been tried based on Marxism and
      see what
      > >the
      > >society has become and how indivduals reflecting it have become.
      Cancerous.