Re: NetworkM Announces Meet-up Theme for Spring: Social/Communication Action & N

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 12, 2007
      As I am sure you know, many internet users prefer to lurk at a discussion site rather than participate. One remedy is to use emotional shock to get enough of a rise out of people so they will voice an opinion. As with the case of professional shock jock Don Imus sometimes they go too far and get enough of the self-righteous enraged so they loose their job.

      At
      www.philosophyoffreedom.com we have the continuing issue of how to encourage the posting of Journals and Comments. Perhaps we need an anthroposophical shock jock? I got this idea after reading Mathew Morrell's reply post commenting on NetworkM. It was evocative, irreverent, humorous and offensive to the poster. A shock to traditional habits of thought. Everyone was required to immediately back up their positions with clarity.

      I am always looking for diversity of views at the POF site and I realize we lack a shock jock. So what will it take for Mathew to become a featured writer at
      www.philosophyoffreedom.com? Being a featured writer just means you post a journal every week or two for discussion. We could use someone to shake it up. Now if everyone understands that is the intention, to awaken through irreverent and humorous shock, I don't see a problem as far as it was a part of a diverse offering. What do you say? (I am serious, you know, and am not just pimping www.philosophyoffreedom.com )

      Tom Last