Bee Colony Collapse

  • classiquepair
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2007
      I heard one man discussing this topic of bees disappearing, saying
      that bees use UV light to navigate and that there have been huge
      changes in the UV levels. These new levels blind bees and they are
      unable to locate flowers, find pollen when they do, and even navigate
      back to the hive. HE also pointed out that UV levels affect the plant
      kingdom and that the quality of the pollen collected is deficient in
      protein and that bees are dying of starvation in the hive.

      Any Anthroposophical thoughts on the recent discovery that honey bees
      are dying in droves? Steiner spoke on bees, and in fact I'm reading
      that collection of talks right now.