a test

  • Mathew D Morrell
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2007
      Just seeing if this graphic appears in our online forum.

      If it does appear, then that means we can add graphics to our posts.
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2007
        *******I've always had the list settings such as to allow graphics, since
        the "dead letter" without images is inartistic and easily becomes
        "Ahrimanic". The problem is that Yahoo changed their policies a few years
        ago so that now the graphics are not in the messages saved in the archives.
        So, if you put a graphic in to illustrate something, it only appears in the
        message received it as an e-mail when first posted---- and the majority of
        people here on this list set their delivery preferences to NOT receive
        e-mail from the group, instead saying they'lll read the e-mail not in real
        time but by going to the web site whenever they feel like it. All of them
        will thus never see the graphics.

        So using them to try to illustrate something is useless. The only way
        seems to be the awkward technique of putting graphics in the group's Files
        sections and then having people refer to them to understand your text in an
        e-mail, splitiing information into two parts. But that's the problem the
        majority of the people in this group have caused by their e-mail
        preferences.

        It also makes a conversation in real time impossible except for the few
        who don't have delivery to their e-mail boxes blocked. The majority can't
        even see t zodiac graphic I send every week, which is why I also put it in
        the Files section.

        >From: Mathew D Morrell <tma4cbt@...>
        >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [steiner] a test
        >Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 21:19:38 -0500
        >
        >Just seeing if this graphic appears in our online forum.
        >

        >If it does appear, then that means we can add graphics to our posts.
        ><< image5.jpg >>

        Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3, 2007
          No, I think there's really a way. I've seen people post graphics in
          other forums and these graphic showed up on-line and not just in
          people's email. Somebody in our forum did it here, in fact: BrRon,
          the guy who owns a computer shop in Salt Lake City or wherever.

          I'll ask my computer science professor and see what she has to say.

          --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Durward Starman" <DrStarman@...>
          wrote:

          > *******I've always had the list settings such as to allow graphics,
          since
          > the "dead letter" without images is inartistic and easily becomes
          > "Ahrimanic". The problem is that Yahoo changed their policies a few
          years
          > ago so that now the graphics are not in the messages saved in the
          archives.
          > So, if you put a graphic in to illustrate something, it only
          appears in the
          > message received it as an e-mail when first posted---- and the
          majority of
          > people here on this list set their delivery preferences to NOT
          receive
          > e-mail from the group, instead saying they'lll read the e-mail not
          in real
          > time but by going to the web site whenever they feel like it. All
          of them
          > will thus never see the graphics.
          >
          > So using them to try to illustrate something is useless. The
          only way
          > seems to be the awkward technique of putting graphics in the
          group's Files
          > sections and then having people refer to them to understand your
          text in an
          > e-mail, splitiing information into two parts. But that's the
          problem the
          > majority of the people in this group have caused by their e-mail
          > preferences.
          >
          > It also makes a conversation in real time impossible except for
          the few
          > who don't have delivery to their e-mail boxes blocked. The majority
          can't
          > even see t zodiac graphic I send every week, which is why I also
          put it in
          > the Files section.
          >
          > Starman
          >
          > www.DrStarman.com
          >

          > >From: Mathew D Morrell <tma4cbt@...>
          > >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
          > >Subject: [steiner] a test
          > >Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 21:19:38 -0500
          > >
          > >Just seeing if this graphic appears in our online forum.
          > >

          > >If it does appear, then that means we can add graphics to our
          posts.
          > ><< image5.jpg >>

          > Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.
          > http://games.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?
          icid=flexicon_hmemailtaglineapril07

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3, 2007
            ******* You're welcome to experiment. If you look, you'll see that none of
            the graphics so far are stored in the group's archives. It doesn't seem to
            matter if they're attachments or embedded.