Soul-Calendar, Week 50

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2007
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      days.

      constellation PISCES from March 9th through April 13th in our era.
      A version of the new symbolic image of the FISHES from the original
      Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is
      attached to this e-mail.

      This week's mantra.
      uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
      experience.

      English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 5 0 *
      Es spricht zum Menschen-Ich
      Sich machtvoll offenbarend,
      Und seines Wesens Kr�fte l�send
      Des Weltendaseins Werdelust:
      In dich mein Lebend tragen
      Aus seinem Zauberbanne
      Erreiche ich mein wahres Ziel.

      There speaks to Man�s I
      With mighty revelation,
      And its Essence�s Power unloosing
      The World-Existence�s Growth-Joy:
      �In you my Life carrying
      Out of its magic spell
      I reach my true aim.�

      About this week's mantra:
      We are heading towards spring, when our inner selves once more go to
      'sleep', while the Earth instead awakens.
      This week, we feel, through the use of the mantra, how the world's joyous
      spring-time growth speaks to us as human beings, saying that it is
      spiritually under a spell, which can only be overcome by US carrying its
      Life into our OWN deeds.

      **********************************

      some of the spiritual figures and events connected with the days.

      Sunday, April 1st. Moon Libra. Hugo (11th cent. Guardian of the Cartesian
      Order).

      Monday, April 2nd. Moon Libra. Full Moon. Francis de Paul, founder of the
      order in the 15th century. Theodosia, martyr in 4th century. Charlemagne
      born 742. Morse died 1872.

      Tuesday, April 3rd. Moon Libra. The 3rd of April 33 A.D. Is what
      spiritual-scientific investigation shows as the day of Death of Jesus
      Christ.

      Wednesday, April 4th. Moon Scorpio. Bishop Ambrose died 398 (he by whom
      Augustine was baptized). University of Basel founded 1460.

      Thursday, April 5th. Moon Scorpio. Vincentius (Christian writer, died 1264).
      Volta died 1827.

      Friday, April 6th. Moon Sagittarius. Irenaeus, Bishop of Lyon in 2nd
      century. Raphael born 1483. D�rer died 1528.

      Saturday, April 7th. Moon Sagittarius. Egesippus (Christian writer of the
      second century in Rome).

      PLANETS:
      Venus is a brilliant Evening Star in the West above the setting sun each
      evening.

      Saturn is high in the sky in the stars of Leo in the southwest at sunset,
      directly south about 8 PM.

      The waning (past full) moon will be seen near the bright planet Jupiter
      Friday and Saturday nights.

      P.S. This is the last week of the "year" for the soul-Calendar, so we will
      begin with Mantra #1 next Sunday.
      It is also an anthroposophical tradition to meditate on the events of the
      different days of Holy Week: the cursing of the fig tree on Monday (Moon),
      the driving of the Money-Changers out of the temple on Tuesday (Mars), etc.

      Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.
      http://games.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_hmemailtaglinemarch07