Krishna and The Bagavad Gita

  • My2Cents
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17 8:21 AM
      --- On Thu 03/15, thepathofthesunflower < thepathofthesunflower@... > wrote:
      From: thepathofthesunflower [mailto: thepathofthesunflower@...]
      To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 11:44:48 -0000
      Subject: [steiner] Re: police raid: Basler Zeitung; Mar. 9
      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, John Massengale <john@...> wrote:

      > What are the differences between these three groups?
      >
      > a t list <anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com>
      >
      > steiner list <steiner@yahoogroups.com>
      >
      > yahoo anthroposophy <anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com>
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > John

      They seem all nice groups (ours included!) not sure why the
      anthroposophy@yahoo is talking about Krishna so intensively but
      saying that I am taking it out of context by just popping in to have
      a look.

      However in the light of anthroposophy personally I find Krishna a bit
      of a day dream but this is not said to offend anyone; it is a
      personal opinion.

      As far as these reports on the recent police raids ..

      I would think this sounds similiar to one of the reason's Rudolf
      Steiner left the Theosophical movement? The actual teachings get
      caught up under political harassement. My thoughts are with the
      people who are sincere in Anthroposophy; there's nothing they can
      take away from you.

      It is curious time we are living in. I think the post 'sinners are
      all going to hell if don't repent' is a bit harsh and strange popping
      up? Writings like that seem a bit cold and lack spiritual insight.
      Are we not all sinners? Who is perfect amongst us?

      Me thinks it's best not to get caught up in the politics - walk away,
      turn the other shoulder and walk away. They like nothing better than
      a fight, don't give it to them.

      Love and freedom.
      Caryn

      Dear Caryn and all Members,

      I so very rarely post to the List I am sure no one recalls me, but that is not important. I was interested in the mention of Krishna.
      I have a rather small book by Rudolf Steiner entitled "The Bagavad Gita and The Epistles of Paul" - as you recall, Krishna plays an important part in "The Bagavad Gita".

      Regards,

      No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
    • thepathofthesunflower
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 19 5:30 AM
        > Dear Caryn and all Members,
        >
        > I so very rarely post to the List I am sure no one recalls me, but
        that is not important. I was interested in the mention of Krishna.
        > I have a rather small book by Rudolf Steiner entitled "The Bagavad
        Gita and The Epistles of Paul" - as you recall, Krishna plays an
        important part in "The Bagavad Gita".

        > Regards,
        >
        > Sheila

        Hi Sheila

        Thanks for your comment on my comment. I respect and appreciate what
        you say. I have not read Rudolf Steiner's 'the Bagavad Gita and the
        Epistles of Paul' and would dearly like to hear more about it. I
        will do a search in the meantime. I sincerely did not want to offend
        this ancient path; Krishna is an enlightened person.

        My opinion was based directly on the post I read under that group and
        my comments here are based on my understanding of Rudolf
        Steiner's 'the polarities of evolution : east and west'. The move
        from the sense/sensual meditation to the intellectual Ego meditation.
        Both important in the evolution of mankind.

        The sense/dream development stage living in and with the spritual
        world called the distant old moon stage. Later the manifestation of
        the individual logic and intellectual developed in the old sun stage
        and important to discern the sense-pictures, the remanence of the old
        moon stage, when it arises. This discernment is done through the Ego.

        It was/is important in the development of the human to break out of
        the collective old moon stage into the individual sun stage in order
        for the Ego to develop intectually and individually. To be one part
        of the whole and not collective-consciousness part of the collective
        consciousness.

        Without the individual intellect of the Ego the state of collective-
        consciousness arises as it was in the distant old Moon stage. This
        stage, equally important in human development, perceived itself to be
        part of nature and nature to be part of itself. However, when the
        time was right to develop further ie the Ego; certain entities did
        not want to let go of this dream like stage.

        During the old Sun stage the newest member to our spritual body - the
        Ego - was developed. Within this the Ego individually and intectually
        perceives outside of itself and with this the perception the Christ
        Impulse as the oneness of collective consciousness which in turn is
        perceived inwardly.

        The ancient path of the Bagavad Gita is honourable and very calming
        for the soul in the hands of a strong Ego.

        The intectually developed Ego aware of dream-like influences; that is.

        Please comment again Sheila and if the other members would like to
        comment as well.

        Best regards
        Caryn