Re: police raid: Basler Zeitung; Mar. 9

  • Robert Mason
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 15 12:05 PM
      To John, who wrote:

      >>What are the differences between these three groups?

      a t list <anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com>

      steiner list <steiner@yahoogroups.com>

      yahoo anthroposophy <anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com><<

      Robert writes:

      You can look at their home pages and browse
      through the messages for yourself; they're
      all public lists. I'm no expert on any of
      them; I mostly lurk.

      Aside from the different listees, I guess
      the main differences are in the moderators
      and the styles of moderating. You can get
      the flavor of "Starman's" style from his
      most recent posting. And you can find
      his website here: <http://www.drstarman.com>.

      The "Anthroposophy Tommorrow" list is run
      by Tarjei Straume (aka "Uncle Taz"), a
      freaked-out Norwegian anarchist, who
      moderates under the guise of "The Divine
      Sophia". The discussion there is pretty
      wide-open (dirty words are allowed), except
      that on-list discussion of list management
      is forbidden. "Sophia" has booted some
      listees for putative (and obscure, to me)
      violations of that rule. Tarjei's website
      is here: <http://www.uncletaz.com>.

      I think the "Anthroposophy" list is the
      oldest of the three. I don't know much
      about the moderator, except that he is
      Australian: <http://profiles.yahoo.com/fireofthe12>.
      The discussion there seems to me to be
      pretty open, though not as wild as in AT.
      I don't recall anyone getting booted out.
      Right now some of the more active listees
      are refugess from AT.

      Robert M

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 15 5:11 PM
        You can get
        >the flavor of "Starman's" style from his most recent posting.

        *******Only when people who are usually not even members of the Society try
        to use our group for anti-anthroposophy postings. Merely pointless ones,
        like the recent born-again Christian or the guy who wanted to talk about the
        Urantia book, I don't even respond to (too busy). But ones implying my
        friends Virginia Sease, Cornelius Pietzner and Sergei Prokovieff on the
        Vorstand ----whom we Society members elect annually--- are part of a dark,
        evil plot--- well, they belong with the born-again Christian or rabid
        Catholic stuff, and I'm not allowing this list to be used for anti-Steiner
        propaganda from anyone. As Society members, we are called to challenge this
        sort of bilge when it arises. Q.E.D.

        As for the other groups, one is run by a guy who claims to channel "the
        Brothers" from Australia (or that his wife does), but I find their
        'communications' as fake as the old Theosophical Society fakers who ran down
        the Society after Blavatsky died. (Unfortunately anyone can claim to channel
        anything and then demand blind belief. Steiner did not.) The other is a
        group of bitter left-wing political radicals who are trying to twist and
        distort Steiner into supporting their Marxism, which he did not. You will
        not find any real anthroposophy on either. There are 2 old ones,
        anthro-science and anthro-views, that used to have a lot of real
        spirit-scientists on them, and one called the Ark, but I don't know which of
        the 3, if any, are still active.

        So far, attempts to use the internet to communicate anthroposophy have
        been disrupted repeatedly by the Luciferic and Ahrimanic powers... which is
        why I try my best to keep both away from this one.