Re: police raid: Basler Zeitung; Mar. 9

  • thepathofthesunflower
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 15, 2007
      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, John Massengale <john@...> wrote:

      > What are the differences between these three groups?
      >
      > a t list <anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com>
      >
      > steiner list <steiner@yahoogroups.com>
      >
      > yahoo anthroposophy <anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com>
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > John

      They seem all nice groups (ours included!) not sure why the
      anthroposophy@yahoo is talking about Krishna so intensively but
      saying that I am taking it out of context by just popping in to have
      a look.

      However in the light of anthroposophy personally I find Krishna a bit
      of a day dream but this is not said to offend anyone; it is a
      personal opinion.

      As far as these reports on the recent police raids ..

      I would think this sounds similiar to one of the reason's Rudolf
      Steiner left the Theosophical movement? The actual teachings get
      caught up under political harassement. My thoughts are with the
      people who are sincere in Anthroposophy; there's nothing they can
      take away from you.

      It is curious time we are living in. I think the post 'sinners are
      all going to hell if don't repent' is a bit harsh and strange popping
      up? Writings like that seem a bit cold and lack spiritual insight.
      Are we not all sinners? Who is perfect amongst us?

      Me thinks it's best not to get caught up in the politics - walk away,
      turn the other shoulder and walk away. They like nothing better than
      a fight, don't give it to them.

      Love and freedom.
      Caryn
    • Robert Mason
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 15, 2007
        To John, who wrote:

        >>What are the differences between these three groups?

        a t list <anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com>

        steiner list <steiner@yahoogroups.com>

        yahoo anthroposophy <anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com><<

        Robert writes:

        You can look at their home pages and browse
        through the messages for yourself; they're
        all public lists. I'm no expert on any of
        them; I mostly lurk.

        Aside from the different listees, I guess
        the main differences are in the moderators
        and the styles of moderating. You can get
        the flavor of "Starman's" style from his
        most recent posting. And you can find
        his website here: <http://www.drstarman.com>.

        The "Anthroposophy Tommorrow" list is run
        by Tarjei Straume (aka "Uncle Taz"), a
        freaked-out Norwegian anarchist, who
        moderates under the guise of "The Divine
        Sophia". The discussion there is pretty
        wide-open (dirty words are allowed), except
        that on-list discussion of list management
        is forbidden. "Sophia" has booted some
        listees for putative (and obscure, to me)
        violations of that rule. Tarjei's website
        is here: <http://www.uncletaz.com>.

        I think the "Anthroposophy" list is the
        oldest of the three. I don't know much
        about the moderator, except that he is
        Australian: <http://profiles.yahoo.com/fireofthe12>.
        The discussion there seems to me to be
        pretty open, though not as wild as in AT.
        I don't recall anyone getting booted out.
        Right now some of the more active listees
        are refugess from AT.

        Robert M

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 15, 2007
          You can get
          >the flavor of "Starman's" style from his most recent posting.

          *******Only when people who are usually not even members of the Society try
          to use our group for anti-anthroposophy postings. Merely pointless ones,
          like the recent born-again Christian or the guy who wanted to talk about the
          Urantia book, I don't even respond to (too busy). But ones implying my
          friends Virginia Sease, Cornelius Pietzner and Sergei Prokovieff on the
          Vorstand ----whom we Society members elect annually--- are part of a dark,
          evil plot--- well, they belong with the born-again Christian or rabid
          Catholic stuff, and I'm not allowing this list to be used for anti-Steiner
          propaganda from anyone. As Society members, we are called to challenge this
          sort of bilge when it arises. Q.E.D.

          As for the other groups, one is run by a guy who claims to channel "the
          Brothers" from Australia (or that his wife does), but I find their
          'communications' as fake as the old Theosophical Society fakers who ran down
          the Society after Blavatsky died. (Unfortunately anyone can claim to channel
          anything and then demand blind belief. Steiner did not.) The other is a
          group of bitter left-wing political radicals who are trying to twist and
          distort Steiner into supporting their Marxism, which he did not. You will
          not find any real anthroposophy on either. There are 2 old ones,
          anthro-science and anthro-views, that used to have a lot of real
          spirit-scientists on them, and one called the Ark, but I don't know which of
          the 3, if any, are still active.

          So far, attempts to use the internet to communicate anthroposophy have
          been disrupted repeatedly by the Luciferic and Ahrimanic powers... which is
          why I try my best to keep both away from this one.