Soul-Calendar, Week 47 after Easter

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2007
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      days.

      constellation AQUARIUS from February 9th through March 8th in our era.
      A version of the new symbolic image of the WATER-MAN from the original
      Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is
      attached to this e-mail.

      This week's mantra.
      uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
      experience.

      English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 4 7 *
      Es will erstehet aus dem Weltenschoss
      Die Sinnenschein erquickend, Werdelust.
      Sie finde meines Denkens Kraft
      Ger�stet durch die Gotteskraft
      Die kr�ftig mir im Innern leben.

      There will arise out of World-Womb
      The Senses� shine to quicken, Growth-Joy.
      It shall find my Thinking�s Force
      Prepared through the Gods� Forces
      That forcefully in my Inner self lives.

      About this week's mantra:
      We are heading towards spring, when our inner selves once more go to
      sleep while the Earth awakens. Last week, we felt by working with the mantra
      how the surging new life in the outer world would have benumbed our souls if
      the force of Memory hadn't come in to play its proper role of preserving the
      Vision the Spirit had of what it wishes to create this year. This week, we
      feel how we find joy in that growth, and that our thinking is well prepared
      through the Divine to receive the world's revelations of new life in the
      spring.

      **********************************

      some of the spiritual figures and events connected with the days.

      Sunday, March 4th. Moon Virgo. Leopold van Buch, Geologist, died 1853.

      Monday, March 5th. Moon Libra. Eusebius (Christian writer of Caesarea in
      the 4th c.), 1512 Mercator the Cartographer born. 1827 Laplace died.

      Tuesday, March 6th. Moon Libra. 1274 Thomas Aquinas died. 1475 Michelangelo
      born. 1520 Australia was discovered. 1787 Fraunhofer born.

      Wednesday, March 7th. Moon Scorpio. Felicitas u. Perpetua (Christian martyr
      under the Emperor Severus, thrown to wild beasts in Alexandria).

      Thursday, March 8th. Moon Scorpio. Philemon (companion of Paul).

      Friday, March 9th. Moon Scorpio. Cyril and Methodius (Greek monks, in the
      10th century proclaimed Christendom in Bulgaria and Eastern Europe. Cyril is
      inventor of the Slav letter-script and translated the Bible into Slavic).
      Gregory of Nyssa 4th century. 1758 Phrenologist Gall born.

      Saturday, March 10th. Moon Sagittarius. Alexander (contended in the 4th
      century for the Athanasian confession against the Arian). Day of Remembrance
      of Mary Magdalene.

      Planets: Venus is a brilliant Evening Star in the West above the setting sun
      each evening.

      Saturn is high in the sky in the stars of Leo in the southwest at sunset,
      directly south by 8 PM.

      The Moon will be seen close to Jupiter Sat. and Sun. nights March 10th and
      11th, both rising together about 9 PM in the East.

      Find a local pizza place, movie theater, and more�.then map the best route!
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28, 2010

           The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                        **** ********* ***
                  THE ZODIAC IMAGE
         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation AQUARIUS from February 9th to March 8th  in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the WATER-BEARER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 4 7  *

      Es will erstehet aus dem Weltenschoss

      Die Sinnenschein erquickend, Werdelust.

      Sie finde meines Denkens Kraft

      Gerüstet durch die Gotteskraft

      Die kräftig mir im Innern leben.

      There will arise out of World-Womb

      The Senses’ shine to quicken, Growth-Joy.

      It shall find my Thinking’s Force

      Prepared through the Gods’ Forces

      That forcefully in my Inner self live.

          We are heading towards spring, where the Earth awakens. This week, we feel how we find joy in that outer growth, and that our thinking is well prepared through the Divine to receive the world's revelations of new life.

                THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, February 28th. Moon Virgo. Full Moon. Montaigne (the Skeptic) born 1533. Leander (Christian author).

      Monday,  March 1st. Moon LibraAlcuin (teacher of Charlemagne, Christian author). 399 before Christ Socrates takes the poison. Swidbertus (conveyor of Christendom to the Frisians).

      Tuesday,  March 2nd. Moon Libra. 321 A.D. The celebration of Sunday begins to become common.

      Wednesday,  March 3rd. Moon Scorpio. Kunigunder (husband Heinrich I).

      Thursday,  March 4th. Moon Scorpio.  Leopold van Buch, Geologist, died 1853.

      Friday,   March 5th. Moon Scorpio. Eusebius (Christian writer of Caesarea in the 4th c.), 1512 Mercator the Cartographer born. 1827 Laplace died.

      Saturday,   March 6th. Moon Sagittarius.  1274 Thomas Aquinas died. 1475 Michelangelo born. 1520 Australia was discovered. 1787 Fraunhofer born.

                                                ***** ****

      PLANETS in the Night Sky:

      Bright yellowish-red MARS rises in the East as the sun sets in the West. It's at its closest approach to the earth now, in its 'retrograde loop', and therefore brightest.

      SATURN rises in the East about 10 P.M.  It's the yellowish object appearing close to the moon Monday night.

      Message 3 of 3 , Feb 16, 2014

             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation AQUARIUS from February 9th through March 8th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the WATER-MAN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of 'magenta' we cannot yet see, is attached to this e-mail.

                                            * MANTRA # 47  *

        Es will erstehet aus dem Weltenschoss

        Die Sinnenschein erquickend, Werdelust.

        Sie finde meines Denkens Kraft

        Gerüstet durch die Gotteskraft

        Die kräftig mir im Innern leben.

        There will arise out of the World-Womb,

        The Senses’ shine to quicken, Growth-Joy.

        It shall find my Thinking’s Force

        Prepared through the Gods’ Forces

        That forcefully in my Inner self live.

             We are heading towards spring, when our inner selves once more go to 'sleep' while the Earth awakens. Last week, we felt, by working with the mantra, how the surging new life in the outer world would benumb our souls if the force of Memory hadn't come in to play its proper role of preserving the Vision the Spirit had of what it wishes to create this year. This week, we feel how we find joy in that growth, and that our thinking is well prepared through the Divine to receive the world's revelations of new life.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, February 16TH. Moon Virgo.

        Ernst Haeckel born 1834.

        Monday, February 17TH. Moon Libra.

        Giordano Bruno burned 1600. Olcott died 1907.

        Tuesday, February 18TH. Moon Libra.

        Luther died 1546. Michelangelo died 1564. Volta born 1745.

        Wednesday,  February 19TH. Moon Scorpio.

        Copernicus born 1473. 1700, Acceptance of the Gregorian Calendar by the Protestants.

        Thursday, February 20TH. Moon Scorpio.

        Voltaire born 1694.

        Friday,  February 21ST. Moon Scorpio.

        Spinoza died 1677.

        Saturday, February 22ND. Moon Sagittarius. Last Quarter.

        Papias (Disciple of the Apostles, died as a martyr 116 A.D.) Schopenhauer born 1788.

        ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

          In the East, brilliant Jupiter is high in the sky next to the Twins at sunset.