Soul-Calendar, Week 46 after Easter

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2007
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      days.

      constellation AQUARIUS from February 9th through March 8th in our era.
      A version of the new symbolic image of the WATER-MAN from the original
      Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is
      attached to this e-mail.

      This week's mantra.
      uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
      experience.

      English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 4 6 *
      Die Welt, sie drohet zu bet�uben
      Der Seele eingeborene Kraft;
      Nun trete du, Erinnerung,
      Aus Geistestiefen leuchtend auf
      Und st�rke mir das Schauen
      Das nur durch Willenskr�fte
      Sich selbst erhalten kann.

      The World, it threatens to benumb
      The Soul�s inborn strength;
      Now tread you, Memory,
      Out of Spirit-Deeps enlightening
      And make strong for me Vision,
      That only through Will-Strength
      Can preserve itself.

      A partial interpretation:
      We in the Northern Hemisphere are heading towards spring and summer,
      when our inner selves once more sleep, while the Earth awakens.
      Last week, the power of thinking united with what was 'born' in us at
      Christmas, and made clear all the early spring stirrings of new life in the
      external world---we united with this "becoming" of
      Nature as we thought about what we perceived.
      This week, this surging new life in the outer world would 'benumb' our
      souls, if the force of MEMORY didn't come in to play its proper role, that
      of preserving the Vision the spirit has had --- of what it wishes to create
      this year. So, the old returns in memory to strengthen the New.

      **********************************

      some of the spiritual figures and events connected with the days.

      Sunday, February 25th. Moon Cancer. Cellini died 1571.

      Monday, February 26th. Moon Cancer. Jonas (the Prophet).

      Tuesday, February 27th. Moon Leo. Ernst Renan born 1823. Martialis (acted
      for the spreading of Christendom in Gallien in the 3rd century). Dr. Rudolf
      Steiner was born, 1861.

      Wednesday, February 28th. Moon Leo. Montaigne (the Skeptic) born 1533.
      Leander (Christian author).

      Thursday, March 1st. Moon Leo. Alcuin (teacher of Charlemagne, Christian
      author). 399 before Christ Socrates takes the poison. Swidbertus (conveyor
      of Christendom to the Frisians).

      Friday, March 2nd. Moon Virgo. 321 A.D. The celebration of Sunday begins to
      become common.

      Saturday, March 3rd. Moon Virgo. Full Moon. Kunigunder (husband Heinrich
      I).

      Find a local pizza place, movie theater, and more�.then map the best route!