Re: Goethe quote?

  • thepathofthesunflower
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 12, 2007
      Thanks for this Nina. I've never had any direct writings on Goethe.
      Wonderful words. I can see the same in Steiner.
    • Nina
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 12, 2007
        --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, John Massengale <john@...> wrote:
        > Is Jeremy Naydler an anthropop?
        Dear John,
        Naydler is described as a philosopher, cultural historian and gardener,
        living in Oxford. Barbara Clow mentioned him in her Catastrophobia.
        Wrote book, "Shamanic Wisdom in the Pyramid Texts:The Mystical
        Tradition of Ancient Egypt"
        (fr back cover - Until now,the Pyramid texts have been viewed primarily
        as royal funerary texts that were used in the liturgy of the dead
        pharoah or to aid him in his afterlife journey.JN argues that they are
        mystical texts that speak of the experiences not of the dead but of the
        living king.)He lists Steiner's Egyptian Myths in biblio.
        Earlier book "Temple of the Cosmos"
        (fr back cover - Temple is a profound exploration of an ancient
        consciousness more in tune with the rythms of the earth, more open to
        the internal dimensions of time and space, less cut off from the
        secrets of life.)
        Goethe book, he listed Goethean Science.
        Also listed is his "How Caterpillars Acquire Wings"
        No mention of his being an anthroposophist. NINA
      • eurythmy
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 13, 2007
          Dear John,
          There may be something for you in these treatises of Goethe quoted in  The Etherisation of the Blood,A Lecture By,,Rudolf Steiner, Basle, October 1, 1911, GA 130

          Question: How are the words used by St. Paul, “to speak in tongues” (Cor. I: 12), to be understood?

          Answer: In exceptional human beings it can happen that not only is the phenomenon of speaking present in the waking state, but that something otherwise present in sleep-consciousness only, flows into this speaking. This is the phenomenon to which St. Paul refers. Goethe refers to it in the same sense; he has written two very interesting treatises on the subject.

          If ever they are in English, or French I would be interested to know.

          Kind Regards,

          Franky