Soul-Calendar, Week 43 after Easter

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2007
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      days.

      constellation CAPRICORN from January 5th through February 8th in our era.
      A version of the new symbolic image of the WATER-GOAT from the original
      Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is
      attached to this e-mail.

      This week's mantra.
      uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
      experience.

      English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 4 3 *
      In Winterlichen Tiefen
      Erwarmt des Geistes wahres Sein;
      Es gibt dem Weltenscheine,
      Durch Herzenskr�fte Daseinsm�cht
      Der Weltenk�lte trotzt erstarkend
      Das Seelenfeuer in Menscheninnern.

      It Winter-like deeps
      Grows warm the Spirit�s true Being;
      It gives to World-Shining
      Through Heart�s strength Might of Existence,
      The World-Cold despite, there strengthens
      The Soul-Fire in Man�s Innerness.

      Last week's verse, when worked with, led us to feel the strong drive to
      continue unfolding the inner soul's power, and this gave us within our
      hearts
      a prophetic sensing of the reality to come in the coming spring and summer,
      when our inner selves once more sleep while the Earth awakens. This week,
      the
      spirit pours into the soul's fiery power growing stronger, and through the
      heart gives to the mere appearance of the outer world a reality it otherwise
      would not have.

      **********************************

      some of the spiritual figures and events connected with the days.

      Sunday, February 4th. Moon Virgo. Phileas (worker for Christianity in Egypt
      in the 4th century).

      Monday, February 5th. Moon Libra. Thomas Carlyle died 1881

      Tuesday, February 6th. Moon Libra. 1807 Abolition of Slavery in England.

      Wednesday, February 7th. Moon Libra. 1446 Columbus born.

      Thursday, February 8th. Moon Scorpio. Solomon, King of Israel. Leyden
      University founded 1575. David Friedrich Strauss died 1874.

      Friday, February 9th. Moon Scorpio. Last Quarter. Apollonia, Christian
      martyr in Alexandria in the 3rd century.

      Saturday, February 10th. Moon Sagittarius. Theophany of Paul on the Way to
      Damascus. 1847 Edison born. 1755 Montesquieu died.

      From predictions to trailers, check out the MSN Entertainment Guide to the
      Academy Awards�
      http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline1
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 27, 2008

        Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

        These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

        Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CAPRICORN from January 5th to February 8th in our era.
        A version of a new symbolic image of the SEA-GOAT (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

         *  M A N T R A  # 4 3  *

        In Winterlichen Tiefen

        Erwarmt des Geistes wahres Sein;

        Es gibt dem Weltenscheine,

        Durch Herzenskräfte Daseinsmächt

        Der Weltenkälte trotzt erstarkend

        Das Seelenfeuer in Menscheninnern.

        It Winter-like depths

        Grows warm the Spirit’s true Being;

        It gives to World-Shining (appearance),

        Through Heart’s strength, Existence’s Might:

        The World-Cold despite, there strengthens

        The Soul-Fire in Man’s Innerness.

        An interpretation:

            Last week's verse, when worked with, led us to feel the strong drive to continue unfolding the inner soul's power (we awaken inside in winter as the earth sleeps), and this gave us within our hearts a prophetic sensing of the reality to come in the coming spring and summer, when our inner selves once more sleep while the Earth awakens.

           This week, the spirit pours into the soul's fiery power, growing stronger, and through the
        heart, gives to the mere appearance of the outer world a reality it otherwise would not have, makes it have a reality greater than the icy emptiness of frozen Nature outside.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

        Sunday, January 27th. Moon Libra. John Chrysostom (Bishop to Constantinople, operated under Emperor Eudoxia, sharply censured him morally, burned 407). Mozart born 1756. Schelling born 1775. 1814 Fichte died. 1808 David Friedrich Strauss born.

        Monday, January 28th. Moon Libra. Day of Remembrance of Charlemagne (died 814).

        Tuesday, January 29th. Moon Scorpio. Constantine the Great (first Christian Roman Emperor, baptized shortly before his death in 312 A.D.). Theobald (advanced Christianity in England in the 13th century).

        Wednesday January 30th. Moon Scorpio. Last Quarter. Alexander.

        Thursday, January 31st. Moon Sagittarius.  Marcella. Petrus Nolascenus.

        Friday, February 1st. Moon Sagittarius. Brigid, patron saint of Ireland, died 500. Ignatius (school of the Evangelist John, by command of the Emperor Trajan torn apart by wild animals).

        Saturday, February 2nd. Moon Sagittarius.  Mary’s Light-mass (Candlemas). Simeon (the old man. that according to the Evangelist recognized Jesus at his presentation in the Temple).

        PLANETS IN THE NIGHT & MORNING SKY (Northern Hemisphere):

           MARS rises in the East at sunset, to the north of the stars of Orion the Hunter. It is bright yellowish-red, now between the stars of the Twins of Gemini and the Bull as it slowly moves backwards through the stars.

            Yellowish SATURN rises in the East before midnight, beneath the Lion, south of the Big Dipper.

            VENUS and JUPITER, the brightest objects in the sky besides Sun and Moon, can be seen as brilliant 'morning stars' in the southeast from about an hour before sunrise on till dawn, next to the stars of the Scorpion in the south. The waning crescent Moon joins them on Saturday, Sunday and Monday mornings Feb. 1st-3rd, so the 3 brightest things in the sky after the sun will all be together in the East before sunrise on those mornings.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 31, 2010
        • 1 Attachment
        • 18 KB

             The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                         *** ********* ********* ***
                               THE ZODIAC IMAGE
           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CAPRICORNUS from January 5th to February 8th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the sea-goat from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

         *  M A N T R A  # 4 3  *

        In Winterlichen Tiefen

        Erwarmt des Geistes wahres Sein;

        Es gibt dem Weltenscheine,

        Durch Herzenskräfte Daseinsmächt

        Der Weltenkälte trotzt erstarkend

        Das Seelenfeuer in Menscheninnern.

        It Winter-like depths

        Grows warm the Spirit’s true Being;

        It gives to World-Shining,

        Through Heart’s strength, Existence’s Might,

        The World-Cold despite, it strengthens

        The Soul-Fire in the Inner Man.

        An interpretation based on working with the verses:

            In the winter the outer world sleeps while we awaken in our inner selves. We continue unfolding the inner soul's power (as we have been doing since fall), and last week's verse described how, within our hearts, we had a prophetic sensing of the reality to come in spring and summer, when our inner selves once more 'sleep' (surrender to the senses instead of think) while the Earth awakens.

           This week, the spirit is like a fiery force in the soul, and through the heart gives to the mere appearance of the outer world (Weltenscheine, "world-appearance", the glittering shine of external Nature to our senses), a strength of reality it otherwise would not have. We feel the strong contrast of our inner Warmth of self to the cold deadness of surrounding Nature.

                  THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, January 31st. Moon Virgo.    Marcella. Petrus Nolascenus.

        Monday,  February 1st. Moon Virgo.    Brigid, patron saint of Ireland, died 500.   Ignatius (school of the Evangelist John, by command of the Emperor Trajan torn apart by wild animals).

        Tuesday,  February 2nd. Moon Libra.  Mary’s Light-mass (Candlemas).    Simeon (the old man. that according to the Evangelist recognized Jesus at his presentation in the Temple).

        Wednesday,  February 3rd. Moon Libra.  Ansgarius (brought Christianity to the Swedes and Danes in the 9th century).

        .

        Thursday,  February 4th. Moon Scorpio.   Phileas (worker for Christianity in Egypt in the 4th century).

         .

        Friday,   February 5th. Moon Scorpio. Last Quarter.  Thomas Carlyle died 1881.

        Saturday,   February 6th. Moon Sagittarius.   1807 Abolition of Slavery in England.

                                                    ********* ********* *

        PLANETS in the Night Sky:  JUPITER is the bright 'star' in the southwestern sky at sunset, about to disappear into the setting sun's glow and be invisible for 72 days. It's been ruling the night sky for the past 6 months or so, but its rulership is ending while that of Mars is  beginning.

        Bright yellowish-red MARS rises in the East as Jupiter sets in the West. It's at its closest approach to the earth now. The full moon was seen very close to it and will now appear a little further away (to its East) each night.

        SATURN rises in the East about 10 P.M. The moon will appear close to it Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

        Message 4 of 5 , Feb 12, 2012
        • 1 Attachment
        • 17 KB

           The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
            The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation AQUARIUS from Feb. 9th  through  Mar. 8th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the WATER-MAN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of magenta, is attached to this e-mail.

         *  M A N T R A  # 43 *

        In Winterlichen Tiefen

        Erwarmt des Geistes wahres Sein;

        Es gibt dem Weltenscheine,

        Durch Herzenskräfte Daseinsmächt

        Der Weltenkälte trotzt erstarkend

        Das Seelenfeuer in Menscheninnern.

        In Winter-like depths

        Grows warm the Spirit’s true Being;

        It gives to World-Shining,

        Through Heart’s strength, Existence’s Might,

        The World-Cold despite, there strengthens

        The Soul-Fire in Man’s Innwardness.

        An interpretation of the mantra:

              Last week's verse, when worked with, led us to feel the strong drive to
        continue unfolding the inner soul's power, and this gave us within our hearts
        a prophetic sensing of the reality to come in the coming spring and summer.

              This week, the spirit pours into the soul's fiery power, growing stronger, and through the
        heart gives to the mere appearance of the outer world a reality it otherwise would not have.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, February 12th. Moon Scorpio.  1804 Kant died. 1809 Darwin born.

        Monday,  February 13th. Moon Scorpio.   1883 Richard Wagner died.

        Tuesday, February 14th. Moon Sagittarius. Last Quarter.  Seafarer Cook killed 1779. Nees v. Esenbeck, Botanist, born 1776.

        Wednesday,  February 15th. Moon Sagittarius  Galilei Born 1564. Lessing died 1781.

        Thursday,  February 16th. Moon Sagittarius.  Ernst Haeckel born 1834.

        Friday,  February 17th. Moon Capricorn.   Giordano Bruno burned 1600. Olcott died 1907.

        Saturday,  February 18th. Moon Capricorn.   Luther died 1546. Michelangelo died 1564. Volta born 1745.

        ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

            "Evening star" Venus can be seen in the southwest at sunset. Jupiter is the bright "star" higher up in the sky. Venus is approaching it and they will be conjunct by the end of the month.

        ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

           Reddish Mars rises in the East before midnight and is visible in the southern sky until sunrise, to the east of the Lion.  It is approaching as close as it ever gets to earth in its orbit, so it will brighten to yellowish-red and turn retrograde in the sky, meaning it will appear to stay near the same stars it is near now for most of the coming spring and summer, in fact returning to the stars of the Lion is passed through this fall.

        FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the 15th mantra today.

        Message 5 of 5 , Jan 19, 2014
        • 1 Attachment
        • 18 KB

             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CAPRICORNUS from January 5th through February 8th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the GOAT-FISH from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of 'magenta' we cannot yet see, is attached to this e-mail.

                                            * MANTRA # 43  *

        In Winterlichen Tiefen

        Erwarmt des Geistes wahres Sein;

        Es gibt dem Weltenscheine,

        Durch Herzenskräfte Daseinsmächt

        Der Weltenkälte trotzt erstarkend

        Das Seelenfeuer in Menscheninnern.

        It Winter-like depths

        Grows warm the Spirit’s true Being;

        It gives to World-Shining

        Through Heart’s strength, Existence’s Might,

        The World-Cold despite, there strengthens

        The Soul-Fire in Man’s Inwardness.

        An interpretation of the mantra:

           Last week's verse, when worked with, led us to feel the strong drive to
        continue unfolding the inner soul's power, and this gave us within our hearts a prophetic sensing of the reality to come in the coming spring and summer, when our inner selves once more 'sleep' while the Earth awakens.     This week, the spirit pours into the soul's fiery power growing stronger, and through the heart gives to the mere appearance of the outer world a reality it otherwise would not have.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, January 19th. Moon Virgo. James Watt born 1736.

        Monday, January 20th. Moon Virgo.
         Sebastian.

        Tuesday, January 21st. Moon Libra.
         Eusebius.

        Wednesday,  January 22nd. Moon Libra.
        Francis Bacon von Verulam born 1561. Lessing born 1729.  Byron born 1788.  Ampere born 1775.

        Thursday, January 23rd. Moon Scorpio.
          Wedding Anniversary of Mary & Joseph.

        Friday  January 24th. Moon Scorpio. Last Quarter.
        Day of St. Timothy (Student of Paul, stoned to death in Ephesus because of his preaching against the worship of Diana).

        Saturday,  January 25th. Moon Sagittarius. Anniversary of Paul’s Conversion on the Way to Damascus. Philosopher Jacobi born 1743.

        ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

          In the East, brilliant Jupiter rises next to the Twins at sunset.