Soul-Calendar, Mantra 42

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2007
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      days.

      constellation CAPRICORN from January 5th through February 8th in our era.
      A version of the new symbolic image of the WATER-GOAT from the original
      Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is
      attached to this e-mail.

      This week's mantra.
      uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
      experience.

      English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 4 2 *
      Es ist in diesem Winterdunkel
      Die offenbarung eigner krafte
      Der Seele starker Trieb,
      In Finsternisse sie zu lenken,
      Und ahnend vorzuf�hlen
      Durch Herzensw�rme Sinnesoffenbarung.

      It is in this Winter-dimness
      The revealing of its own Strength
      The Soul�s strong Drive,
      In Darkness so to lead,
      And feeling full of presentiment
      Through Heart's Warmth, Senses' Revelation.

      Partial interpretation of this week's mantra:
      Last week's verse, when worked with, led us to feel how the power
      working
      in the foundation of the soul strove outward, so that divine forces could
      pour themselves into what we create, both in our love and in our work.
      This week we feel the strong drive to continue unfolding this power, and
      this
      gives us within our hearts a prophetic sensing of the reality to come in the
      coming spring and summer, when our inner selves once more sleep while the
      earth awakens.

      **********************************

      some of the spiritual figures and events connected with the days.

      Sunday, January 28th. Moon Gemini. Day of Remembrance of Charlemagne (died
      814).

      Monday, January 29th. Moon Cancer. Constantine the Great (first Christian
      Roman Emperor, baptized shortly before his death in 312 A.D.). Theobald
      (advanced Christianity in England in the 13th century).

      Tuesday, January 30th. Moon Cancer. Alexander.

      Wednesday, January 31st. Moon Cancer. Marcella. Petrus Nolascenus.

      Thursday, February 1st. Moon Leo. Full Moon. Brigid, patron saint of
      Ireland, died 500. Ignatius (school of the Evangelist John, by command of
      the Emperor Trajan torn apart by wild animals).

      Friday, February 2nd. Moon Leo. Mary�s Light-mass (Candlemas). Simeon (the
      old man that according to the Evangelist recognized Jesus at his
      presentation in the Temple).

      Saturday, February 3rd. Moon Virgo. Ansgarius (brought Christianity to the
      Swedes and Danes in the 9th century).

      something more.
      http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_gratitude&FORM=WLMTAG