Soul-Calendar, Mantra 41

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2007
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      constellation CAPRICORN from January 5th through February 8th in our era.
      A version of the new symbolic image of the WATER-GOAT from the original
      Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is
      attached to this e-mail.

      This week's mantra.
      uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.

      English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 4 1 *
      Der Seele Schaffensmacht,
      Sie strebet aus dem Herzensgrunde,
      Im Menschenleben Gotterkr�ft
      Zu rechtem Wirken zu entflammen,
      Sich selber zu gestalten
      Im Menschenliebe und im Menschenwerke.

      The Soul's Shaping-Might
      It strives from out of Heart's Ground,
      In Man's Life Godly Stength
      To righteous Work to enflame,
      So itself to form
      In Man's Love and in Man's Work.

      A partial interpretation:
      Last week's mantra, when worked with, led us to feel how our selfhood,
      which would otherwise remain illusionary, was made real by the fiery power
      of the World-Word, through Love.
      This week, this power working in the foundation of the soul strives
      outward, so that these fiery divine forces can pour themselves into what we
      create, both in our love and in our work.

      some of the spiritual figures and events connected with the days.

      Sunday, January 21st. Moon Pisces. Eusebius.

      Monday, January 22nd. Moon Pisces. Francis Bacon von Verulam born 1561.
      Lessing born 1729. Byron born 1788. Ampere born 1775.

      Tuesday, January 23rd. Moon Aries. Wedding Anniversary of Mary & Joseph.

      Wednesday, January 24th. Moon Aries. Day of St. Timothy (Student of Paul,
      stoned to death in Ephesus because of his preaching against the worship of

      Thursday, January 25th. Moon Taurus. First Quarter. Anniversary of Paul�s
      Conversion on the Way to Damascus. Philosopher Jacobi born 1743.

      Friday, January 26th. Moon Taurus. Polycarp (Pupil of the Evangelist John,
      taken to Smyrna in old age and burned to death in the year 169).

      Saturday, January 27th. Moon Gemini. John Chrysostom (Bishop to
      Constantinople, operated under Emperor Eudoxia, sharply censured him
      morally, burned 407). Mozart born 1756. Schelling born 1775.

      Live.com page.