Aquarius

  • thepathofthesunflower
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 22, 2007
      Greetings all. Dr. Starman .. Dr. Starman .. are you still swanning
      it up on honeymoon! I hope it is okay to copy John
      Jocelyn's 'Meditations on the Signs of the Zodiac' Rudolf Steiner
      publication - here for the month of Aquarius (I do hope to post into
      the other month's as well)

      Trust it is in order with you but if not please let me know.
      Regards to you, Mrs. Starman and everybody.
      Caryn

      Aquarius – The Waterman

      Aquarius, the Waterman, is symbolized by The Man who bears a water
      pitcher out of which there flows the water that revitalizes the
      Earth, dried up for want of the spirit of truth and the wisdom of
      love. As an object of meditation, this symbol is immensely rich,
      especially in this day of dearth of the Spirit, on the threshold of
      the Aquarian Age. In this sign of the Son of Man, the matured man
      comes more than man – a man Christed with the help of the Angel in
      man.

      Awakened responses to this Angel-Man sign deals with the individual,
      yet in the sense of the Christ-universal; hence it fosters friendship
      and brotherhood. The Waterman is bound up with the human and the
      humane; it embraces all humanity, and its characteristic features is
      its love of human beings, a feeling of cosmic kinship with all
      mankind.

      As a man's physical form is the mould that some time must receive the
      higher birth, the spiritual birth of Christ, so Aquarius is the
      matrix sign that receives, synthesizes, and balances the forces of
      all the other zodiacal signs. The centering powers of the Zodiac are
      the four fixed signs, each fixed sign having two companion-signs, as
      it were, one on each side. Taurus, the Bull, is the fixed, centering
      force between Aries and Gemini; Leo, the Lion, between Cancer and
      Virgo; Scorpio, the Eagle, between Libra and Sagittarius; Aquarius,
      the Man, between Capricorn and Pisces.

      The eagle, representative of the bird creation, bears in its whole
      body specialized forces that correlate with the human head. The lion
      is largely a rhythmic system. The bull is predominately a digestive
      organism. Man combines and harmonises these three elements of the
      eagle, the lion, and the bull- head system, rhythmic system, and
      metabolic-limb system- in a balanced manner. Thus, Aquarius, the
      Man, is the sign of signs, the synthesis of all of the twelve signs
      of the Zodiac. It is understandable, therefore, that Aquarius should
      rule the science of the stars.

      In Aquarius, the highly evolved individual matures into a
      spiritualised being, the `perfect man' of Christ, described by St.
      Paul in Ephesians 4:13 `Till we all come in the unity of the faith,
      and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the
      measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ'. This describes
      the balanced Aquarian, one who has come of soul age by making
      independent, though coordinated, the soul forces of thinking, feeling
      and willing, correlated, respectively, with the head and nerve-
      system, the rhythmic system, and the metabolic-limb system.

      Today, most Aquarians are as yet far from being perfect men. No man
      takes the lofty love and light of Aquarius, nor becomes a member of
      that brotherhood of initiates fitted to take the love of heaven and
      earth and to transmute the hate received from the reactionary and
      retarded people, nor becomes worthy to serve as a leader and
      spokesman for mankind, unless he has met, and is moved by, his higher
      self, the Christ-Angel within, called by St. Paul `the Lord from
      heaven'.

      Highly evolved souls, responding to the mighty mood of Aquarius,
      become conscious of the Spirit in the Earth, the Cosmic Christ, as
      well as conscious of the guiding eternal being, the spiritual self
      within. These awakened ones become conscious cooperators with the
      Christ in the evolution of the cosmos. The Aquarian Age, the age of
      altruism and brotherhood- when the Sun by precession of the equinox
      will be in Aquarius for 2160 years- will not properly prevail until
      the Sixth Post-Atlantean Civilization, which will follow our present
      one. For brotherhood to blossom then, preparation must be made now.
      The preparers are those awakened ones who respond to the spiritual
      call of this Angel-Man sign, as did John the Baptist, the preparer
      for the Christ.

      In John the Baptist there lived an Angel who had to go before to
      announce the approach of the Christ-Ego that would live in Jesus of
      Nazareth as the Lord from heaven. John the Baptist who baptized
      Jesus in the Jordan, was able to be the bearer of this Angel because
      he had taken his initiation in the sign Aquarius, the sign of the
      Angel. In virtue of John's baptism with water, there was brought
      about a loosening of the etheric body from the physical body during
      the immersion. At that moment, the baptized were made incisively
      aware of the significance of the impending Mystery of Golgotha, the
      great world-historic Event and Deed of Christ.

      Through baptism with water, John the Baptist, the Waterman, brought
      to birth in the baptized the needed light of self-knowledge. This
      true knowledge flows from the fount of the cosmic Christ-ethers by
      way of the Uranian sign of the Son of Man, Aquarius, for it is in
      this sign that the individual, soul-matured and Christ-conscious, can
      say `I know that my Redeemer liveth'. The purpose of Aquarius is
      fittingly pictured by the symbol of the man pouring water out of an
      urn upon the earth. This is no ordinary water, but the new Christ-
      etheric, vivifying, spiritual force. Thus Aquarius might be
      designated `the Etheric Man'.

      Intense sensitivity is a pronounced trait of Aquarius, a sensitivity
      that is mental, psychic, and spiritual. Aquarians have a marked
      psychic power and an intuitive mind, the effect of the Christ-etheric
      element, making them as powerful and intense as the natives of
      Scorpio, yet with a quality and impression different from that of
      Scorpio for in Aquarius there is an airy-etheric-mental something
      which ever eludes or transcends the understanding of even those souls
      with fine insight into human character. It is likely to hurt or
      incommode those lacking in true self-knowledge or wisdom. In this
      fixed air sign, Aquarius, thought power is fixed or concentrated
      until thinking becomes incandescent or alive in an etheric sense.
      The word `man' is derived from the Sanskrit manu, which means `to
      think'. Through making thinking firm and alive in Aquarius, life at
      last becomes life in the sense of the Christ-Spirit, the higher Ego,
      the true I.

      No man can become free until he knows the truth, and this freedom may
      be gained in this sign of the Son of Man, because man may raise
      himself as a qualified Christ-soul up to the light of the realm where
      truth abides. In the Gospel of St. John 16: 12-14, Christ says;

      `I have many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
      Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into
      all truth: for he shall not speak of himself, but whatsoever he shall
      hear, that he shall speak, and he will show you things to come. He
      shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and show it unto you'.

      Indications of the Aquarian spiritual water are to be found in the
      Gospels and throughout the rest of the New Testament in statements
      pointing to the New Age, telling of a humanity reborn and made free
      through knowledge of the truth.
      The forces of the future flow from Aquarius, revealing `things to
      come' in the true, Uranian, innovating, originating manner,
      and `turning the world upside down'.

      The hieroglyphic symbol of Aquarius, consisting of two wave-like
      lines, reveals much more than can mere words to those in whom the
      mood of meditation is innate. Here the intellect is helpless, but
      meditation is fruitful. In the cyclic evolution of the Ego through
      all the signs of the Zodiac in successive earthly lives, Aquarius is
      the sign where the circle is left behind for the spiraling ascent in
      mental, psychic and spiritual progress. In this sign is the needed
      fixed-air quality and the dual forces of polarity, symbolically
      expressed by the two wavy lines, indicating the cosmic ethers in
      constant movement, equalizing and harmonizing the lower earthly Ego
      and the higher I.

      In every sign of the Zodiac there are souls that respond to the
      negative influences, which are the reverse of the awakened response.
      In Aquarius are many who have not yet been `made a quickening
      spirit'. Among them are swollen egotists, hidebound and pridebound.
      The higher birth does not take place until the man reverses and
      raises his rhythm, correcting ill destiny and bringing the lower Ego
      into a growing power of fine self-control through self-knowledge.

      All too often, Aquarians display a static quality, an element of
      inertia, indicating that the soul's awakening has not yet taken
      place; their promises remain unfulfilled. Because of their laziness,
      their splendid faculties go to seed. Although the majority of
      individuals still seek their own interests, the influence of this
      humanitarian sign is nevertheless making itself felt. Acts of
      altruism, group awareness, and free activity are evident everywhere.

      It should be noted that periodic states of silence, seemingly
      strange, are characteristic of Aquarians. In fact one of the marked
      traits of this sign is the need and will to be quite and
      concentrated, to be utterly alone at times. `Reticence becomes
      meditative power' is therapeutic for Aquarians. In their silence is
      their strength.

      He who would seek an understanding of Aquarius to grasp its esoteric
      significance must meditate much and often upon this fifteenth chapter
      of St. John's Gospel. It shows what hatred the awakened or Christed
      Aquarian must take from the world and then transmute, to help the
      world in its evolution. The Lord says, `If the world hate you, ye
      know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world,
      the world would love its own; but because ye are not of the world,
      but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth
      you … But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that
      is written in their law. They hated me without a cause'. St. John
      15: 18,19,25.

      The Christ-born and etheric-conscious Aquarian experiences all
      humanity in himself. He knows nothing of aliens or foreigners; he
      actually experiences the truth expressed in the motto of the Great
      Seal of the United States, `E pluribus unum' – Out of many, one; or,
      many in one. Which portrays the gift of God into which humanity will
      come as ever more men open themselves to receive the Christ-Spirit.
      Since the United States of America – with the Moon in Aquarius and
      Uranus ascending – is an Aquarian-Uranian country, whose inhabitants
      are from all races and nations, we find here the early evidences of
      this spirit.

      To Aquarians, no one is a stranger or an alien, not even the person
      who lacks love entirely, or loves himself solely. They know that all
      humans beings are related, despite marked differences in their
      evolutionary status. The advanced Aquarians seeks to have human
      beings become not only citizens of the world but citizens of the
      cosmic. Aquarius is the opposite of the royal and kingly sign Leo,
      in that it fosters democracy. In Aquarius, we may attain to genuine
      democracy and, at the same time, to the dignity of man; this will be
      the more apparent the more men will take in and work with the wisdom
      of love and the spirit of truth.

      The Aquarian, aware of and responsive to the Christ-etheric world,
      can never change his conviction of truth or move from his fixed
      purpose. The faith of Aquarius is rooted and grounded in knowledge;
      the spirit-lighted reason must be able to solve the riddle of life
      and death in such a way as to satisfy both the mind and the innate
      religious sense. Aquarius dislikes indecision and disloyalty. The
      Aquarian has convictions of truth by which he abides with rocklike
      firmness and according to which he acts, regardless of the world's
      disapproval. As a Christ-etheric sensitive, he knows that the
      suggestions he receives are from a realm more rarefied than that of
      the earth. He obeys such touches with truth, and when his soul is
      well matured and expresses wisdom, such a Water-bearer can pour from
      his pitcher into human hearts, the veritable water of Christ-life.

      This creative, cosmic sign is ruled by the awakener, Uranus, which
      means `heaven'. It orbits beyond Saturn, which is the outermost
      planet arising within our solar system. Uranus, Neptune and Pluto
      had a different origin; hence they are referred to as transcendental
      planets. The axis of Uranus is almost at right angels with the axis
      of the Earth. It is not surprising, therefore, that Uranus tends to
      upset convention and to break up everything rigid and standardized.
      It makes non-conformists and reformers. It brings completely new
      orientation. To those who can respond, the orientation is cosmic in
      scope. The influence of Uranus is lightning-like, always acting with
      surprising suddenness and speed, and producing unexpected events.

      Sometimes Saturn is assigned as co-ruler of Aquarius. The importance
      of Saturn and Uranus depends on one's stage in evolution. Weak souls
      that have not learned the lessons of the other signs – especially
      those of Capricorn, which is ruled by Saturn – may still need the
      pedagogy of Saturn and make little response to Uranus. At present,
      undisciplined Ego's react unfavourably, unpredictably, and
      erratically to its influence.

      The truly mature and evolved Aquarians possesses all the practical
      and persevering qualities of the preceding Saturnine sign, Capricorn,
      yet with the added Uranian power of instant intuition, lofty ideals,
      and a natural ability and ease in reading character. They are
      refined, artistic, intelligent, faithful, and humane. Inwardly
      tranquil, very quite, but extremely intense, strong, forceful,
      incandescent souls, they impress one with their innate, etheric,
      psychic power and marked mentality, combined with a disposition
      delightfully open and naïve. The joyousness of this angelic sign
      sometimes gives an air of apparent frivolity and this tends to
      mislead others as to the true worth of Aquarians.

      Hypersensitive and high-strung, they act with swift speed. Although
      they are able to resist fatigue, they are apt to injure their health
      if they apply themselves incessantly to some particular prolonged
      work. Exposure, likewise, may be a cause for ill health, for
      Aquarius rules the sense of warmth, making Aquarians particularly
      sensitive to atmospheric changes and fluctuations in temperature.
      There is a tendency to poor circulation and cold feet. The ankles
      are the gift of Aquarius to the marvelous physical body of man.

      To attain to height and worth in Aquarius, we must look upon Christ
      as the living water; St. John 4-

      `Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never
      thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of
      water springing up into everlasting life'.

      It is God's plan for every man to become a master. It is fitting
      that Aquarius should be the symbol for the Gospel of St. Matthew,
      which portrays Christ Jesus primarily as the Man. St. John gives us
      the soaring Scorpio-Eagle thoughts of the Christ. St. Mark presents
      the Leo-Lion Sun Power of the Son of God. St. Luke pictures divine
      compassion and love, symbolized by the sacrifice of the Taurus Bull.
      The three elements of thinking, feeling and willing are balanced in
      Man-Aquarius. St. Matthew traces the geneology of Jesus through
      three times fourteen generations, showing how, through ages of time,
      a very special body with prepared within the Hebrew race, which
      thereby performed a mission for the whole of mankind. In the unique
      Man, Jesus of Nazareth, there incarnated Christ at the Baptism by
      John the Baptist.

      It is significant that St. Matthew is the only gospel writer who
      relates that Christ Jesus, at the moment of betrayal addressed Judas,
      his betrayer, as `Friend' (St. Matthew 26:50) Throughout his Gospel
      St. Matthew describes Christ Jesus as the Son of God in the human
      form of Man. This very highest ideal-man become God-man-become a
      reality in Christ Jesus. Our remoteness from this divine goal, which
      is our human destiny, fills us with humility; but the ideal-reality
      in Christ Jesus gives us hope that we may ultimately attain this
      highest measure of Man.

      ***
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 22, 2007
        *******I am back from my honeymoon. (My wife, by the way, is a member of
        this group.)

        Of course it's OK to post the excerpt from Meditations On the Signs of
        the Zodiac. I'm surprised that so many anthroposophists are so
        anti-astrology, but I'm not. I guess it's just that 'free will' thing they
        repeat like robots. Naturally, as an astrologer I recognize everyone has
        free will: if I were to tell you you're going to get married or hit by a car
        next week, well, obviously you could lock yourself up in your room and
        prevent my predictions from coming true, so it's pretty silly to believe
        astrological forecasts overrule free will. From my experience, it's fear
        that makes people anti-astrology, along with egotism ("I'M not ruled by any
        darn PLANETS!!!!!"). Dr. Steiner gave so many indications for the renewal of
        the art of astrology, and it can be put to so much good.

> [...]
        >three times fourteen generations, showing how, through ages of time,
        >a very special body with prepared within the Hebrew race, which
        >thereby performed a mission for the whole of mankind. In the unique
        >Man, Jesus of Nazareth, there incarnated Christ at the Baptism by
        >John the Baptist.
        >
        >It is significant that St. Matthew is the only gospel writer who
        >relates that Christ Jesus, at the moment of betrayal addressed Judas,
        >his betrayer, as `Friend' (St. Matthew 26:50) Throughout his Gospel
        >St. Matthew describes Christ Jesus as the Son of God in the human
        >form of Man. This very highest ideal-man become God-man-become a
        >reality in Christ Jesus. Our remoteness from this divine goal, which
        >is our human destiny, fills us with humility; but the ideal-reality
        >in Christ Jesus gives us hope that we may ultimately attain this

        Get Hilary Duff�s homepage with her photos, music, and more.
        http://celebrities.live.com
      • thepathofthesunflower
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 23, 2007
          --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Durward Starman" <DrStarman@...>
          wrote:

> [...]
          > >thereby performed a mission for the whole of mankind. In the
          unique
          > >Man, Jesus of Nazareth, there incarnated Christ at the Baptism by
          > >John the Baptist.
          > >
          > >It is significant that St. Matthew is the only gospel writer who
          > >relates that Christ Jesus, at the moment of betrayal addressed
          Judas,
          > >his betrayer, as `Friend' (St. Matthew 26:50) Throughout his
          Gospel
          > >St. Matthew describes Christ Jesus as the Son of God in the human
          > >form of Man. This very highest ideal-man become God-man-become a
          > >reality in Christ Jesus. Our remoteness from this divine goal,
          which
          > >is our human destiny, fills us with humility; but the ideal-reality
          > >in Christ Jesus gives us hope that we may ultimately attain this

          Welcome back Dr Starman and Mrs Starman hope you had a wonderful time!

          Thanks for your reply. It is a funny thing people view Astrology with
          suspicion whereas Astrology is the essence of Creation. I always
          think of it as 'Astrology is the creation lore of God's law' and Dr.
          Steiner knew this well.

          I can see where the issue arises over free-will. My thoughts are
          each sign and planet has its positive and negative - our free-will is
          choosing the positive in any situation or the negative.

          And with this, no we are not ruled by the planets. We partake in the
          creativity of their essence. As Beings aspiring to their lofty
          heights.

          This reminds me of: Fate or Desinty. Do we fall into our fate or do
          we awaken to our desinty.

          Not an easy question or answer!

          In a birthchart, it is said, the position of the planets show our
          past life(s) - what we have achieved and the aspects show the
          challenges we have chosen. Emphasis on we have chosen.

          And it is interesting what you say about prophecy in Astrology. I do
          think if it says it is prophecised to happen it will. This is
          because I have this theory 'it has already happened therefore it is'
          and when I spoke to someone else about my theory they immediately
          brought up free-will.

          Interesting debate.

          Thanks for the Calendar I am noticing everything said for the week is
          just about true! Nina, I thought your reply was great! :)

          Best regards
          Caryn