February 3: Global Meetup through NetworkM

  • Leslie Loy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2007
      Hello, All!

      I wanted to invite everyone to a special event that will be happening
      on Saturday, February 3. It's a day-long conference which will be
      virtually connected to conferences around the world- including Cape
      Town, Napier, NY, LA and other major cities- and which I am,
      technically, hosting here in Portland, OR (location specifics
      pending). If you are interested in other cities, please check-out
      http://www.thenetworkm.net/core/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,67
      and find the one closest to you, or offer to host it yourself.

      The day is intended as a day for us to reflect on some questions
      around social and spiritual responsibility (ie activism) after
      listening to an online streaming lecture through a site called
      NetworkM. NetworkM is a virtual community for spiritual and social
      activists who are asking questions similar to those we discuss in our
      group and who are inspired by a variety of different streams of
      thought- including Buddhism, Anthroposophy, Hinduism, Science of Mind,
      etc. It's about understanding and asking questions, more than
      anything. That said, I encourage you to find the time and check the
      website out (www.thenetworkm.net) and to consider joining up on
      Saturday for an extended day of eating, discussing, socializing,
      thinking.

      The URL to register for the event in Portland, OR is
      http://www.thenetworkm.net/core/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,67/func,showcat/catid,21/,
      or just email me directly. The schedule for the day is also posted there.

      All the best,
      Leslie