Soul-Calendar, Week 39 after Easter

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 9, 2007
      ******* Sorry to be late with this week's calendar.

      Since I will be travelling next week, I will post next week's early.

      Thank you all for the congratulations on my wedding this Saturday.
      -starman

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      days.

      constellation SAGITTARIUS from January 5th through February 8th in our era.
      A version of the new symbolic image of the WATER-GOAT from the original
      Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is
      attached to this e-mail.

      This week's mantra.
      uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
      experience.

      English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 3 9 *
      An Geistesoffenbarung hingegeben
      Gewinne ich des Weltenwesens Licht.
      Gedankenkraft, sie w�chst
      Sich kl�rend mir mich selbst zu geben,
      Und weckend l�st sich mir
      Aus Denkermacht das Selbstgef�hl.

      "To Spirit-Revealing given over,
      I win the World-Essence's Light.
      Thinking's Strength, it grows
      In clarity myself to give
      And waking, loosens for me
      Out of Thinking's Might, Self-Feeling."

      A partial interpretation: Last week we felt ourselves give birth to a
      new consciousness that will grow out into the world all the year to come.
      This is the height of self-consciousness.
      This week's verse describes how, when we give ourselves over to the
      revelations coming from our inner Spirit, we gain the experiencing of the
      Light that infuses the OUTER world; and the power of thinking (which, in
      fact, we do with the spirit), as it grows stronger, gives us the feeling of
      ourselves as a reality in the world.

      **********************************

      some of the spiritual figures and events connected with the days.

      Sunday, January 7th. Moon Virgo. Lucian, the Editor-in-Chief of the Greek
      Bible text in the 3rd cent. A.D. in Antioch, who had 70 assistants.

      Monday, January 8th. Moon Virgo. Galileo died 1642.

      Tuesday, January 9th. Moon Libra. Adrian, who brought Christianity to Norway
      in the 12th century.

      Wednesday, January 10th. Moon Libra. Linnaeus died 1778.

      Thursday, January 11th. Moon Libra. Last Quarter. Friedrich von Schlegel
      died 1829.

      Friday, January 12th. Moon Scorpio. Gottschalk, Christian King in the 11th
      century.

      Saturday, January 13th. Moon Scorpio. Bernard of Clairveaux.

      Get FREE Web site and company branded e-mail from Microsoft Office Live
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2010
      ******* Sorry to be late with this week's calendar.   -starman

      The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
         Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from December 1st through January 4th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 3 9  *

      An Geistesoffenbarung hingegeben

      Gewinne ich des Weltenwesens Licht.

      Gedankenkraft, sie wächst

      Sich klärend mir mich selbst zu geben,

      Und weckend löst sich mir

      Aus Denkermacht das Selbstgefühl.

      "To Spirit-Revealing given over,

      I win the World-Essence's Light.

      Thinking's Strength, it grows

       In clarity myself to give

      And waking loosens for me

      Out of Thinking's Might Self-Feeling."

          Last week we felt ourselves give birth to a new consciousness that will grow out into the world all the year to come.  This is the height of self-consciousness. This week's verse describes how, when we give ourselves over to the revelations coming from our inner Spirit, we gain the experiencing of the Light that infuses the outer world; and the power of thinking (which we do with the spirit), as it grows stronger, gives us the feeling of ourselves as a reality in the world.

                THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, January 3rd. Moon Virgo.  Caspar, one of the holy 3 Kings. Enoch, Father of Methusalah. Slavery lifted in North America 1865.

      Monday,  January 4th. Moon Virgo.  Balthasar, one of the holy 3 Kings. Methusalah, died shortly before the Flood, which legend says happened in his 969th  year. Jacob Grimm born 1785. Mos. Mendelssohn died 1786.

      Tuesday,  January 5th. Moon Libra. 12th Day of Christmas. Francis Drake died 1596.

      Wednesday,  January 6th. Moon Libra. Epiphany, the Festival of the Appearance of Christ. Day of the 3 Holy Kings. Joan of Arc born 1412. Schliemann born 1822.

      .

      Thursday,  January 7th. Moon Libra. Last Quarter. Lucian, the Editor-in-Chief of the Greek Bible text in the 3rd cent. A.D. in Antioch, who had 70 assistants.

       .

      Friday,   January 8th. Moon Scorpio.  Galileo died 1642.

      Saturday,   January 9th. Moon Scorpio._ Adrian, who brought Christianity to Norway in the 12th century.

                                 ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *

      PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southwestern sky at sunset, still ruling the night sky. Bright yellowish-red Mars rises in the East shortly after the Jupiter sets in the West. It's at its closest approach to the earth now.

      Message 3 of 6 , Dec 30, 2012

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from December 1st through Jan. 4th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, one of 5 shades of 'Magenta' we can't yet actually see, is attached to this e-mail.

[...]

      Sunday, December 30th. Moon Leo. Day of David, King of Israel.

      Monday, December 31st. Moon Leo.   J. Wycleff died 1384.

      Tuesday, January 1st. Moon Virgo. Ulrich Zwingli born 1484.

      Wednesday,  January 2nd. Moon Virgo.  Adam's Sons Abel and Seth. Melchior, one of the holy 3 Kings. Lavater died 1801.

      Thursday,  January 3rd. Moon Libra  Caspar, one of the holy 3 Kings. Enoch, Father of Methusalah. Slavery lifted in North America 1865.

      Friday
       January 4th. Moon Libra. Last Quarter. Balthasar, one of the holy 3 Kings. Methusalah, died shortly before the Flood, which legend says happened in his 969th year. Jacob Grimm born 1785. Mos. Mendelssohn died 1786.

      Saturday,
       January 5th. Moon Libra.  12th Day of Christmas. Francis Drake died 1596.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

         Jupiter is the bright white 'star' in the east that dominates the night sky, already risen at sunset, next to the bright orange-red star Aldebaran, the Eye of the Bull of Taurus.

      -Starman
      Happy New Year, all.

      Message 4 of 6 , Dec 22, 2013

             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from December 1st through January 4th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of 'magenta' we cannot yet see, is attached to this e-mail.

                                            * MANTRA # 39  *

        An Geistesoffenbarung hingegeben

        Gewinne ich des Weltenwesens Licht.

        Gedankenkraft, sie wächst

        Sich klärend mir mich selbst zu geben,

        Und weckend löst sich mir

        Aus Denkermacht das Selbstgefühl.

        To Spirit-Revealing given over,

        I win the World-Essence's Light.

        Thinking's Strength, it grows

         In clarity myself to give

        And waking loosens for me

        Out of Thinking's Might, Self-Feeling.

        An interpretation of the mantra:

            Last week we felt ourselves give birth to a new consciousness that will grow out into the world all the year to come.  This is the height of self-consciousness. This week's verse describes how, when we give ourselves over to the revelations coming from our inner Spirit, we gain the experiencing of the Light that infuses the outer world; and the power of thinking (which we do with the spirit) as it grows stronger, gives us the feeling of ourselves as a reality in the world.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, December 22nd. Moon Virgo.   Theodosius.

        Monday, December 23rd. Moon Virgo. Dagobert.

        Tuesday, December 24th. Moon Virgo. Adam and Eve. 1st of 13 days of Christmas.

        Wednesday,  December 25th. Moon Libra. Last Quarter. Birth of Jesus. Newton born 1642. Charlemagne crowned King in Rome 799.

        Thursday, December 26th. Moon LibraSt. Stephen, the first Martyr.

        Friday  December 27th. Moon Scorpio.  Day of John, author of the Gospel. Kepler born 1571.

        Saturday,  December 28th. Moon Scorpio.
          Day of Remembrance of the Innocent Children murdered by Herod.

        ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

           Venus is the bright white 'star' in the West at sunset.
          In the East, Jupiter rises next to the Twins about 7 P.M.