12 Holy Nights Study-1

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 25, 2006
      ******* How about a little background for the study of anthroposophy in
      general and the Gospel of St. John lectures in particular? Although it's
      quite possible that what I have to say here may offend some people by being
      too blunt, in which case I apologize in advance.

      We modern people live in a scientific, technical civilization which,
      however, only goes back a few hundred years. People before that time thought
      quite differently, and appear to be more different the further back one goes
      in time. In fact, many people automatically conclude that people in ancient
      times were just plain stupid, and human beings have only gotten clever in
      the past few centuries. Those ancient times were those in which all our
      religions originated: therefore, either religions were all foolishness to
      the modern mind, or at best were ignorant gropings for knowledge which we
      modern people can get more easily and exactly. For the modern mind, it's
      quite natural to seek to develop a comprehensive view of the world from the
      speculations of our intellect. This is philosophy.

      But in the past century or two, the modern mind has largely lost its
      faith in its ability to fashion a complete, profound philosophy of the world
      and man from out of the modern intellect. Modern man feels often that he has
      lost his way. So, in the midst of scientific achievements which as far as we
      know have no historic parallel, we have the spectacle of modern Western man
      returning to primitive superstitions and religions in large numbers, whether
      it is the attempt to re-create the 'paganism ' which Christianity replaced
      or to look to Eastern religions for the inspiration modern man no longer
      feels from his Western religion.

      The modern scientific man rejects religion but cannot seem to create his
      own which will be truly satisfying and answer all the mind's questions; the
      religious man rejects science as being limited and of no use in answering
      the deepest questions about the being of man, his origin and destiny.

      Many modern thinkers (for instance, C.S. Lewis) regard this dualism of
      science and religion as the only two possible choices. But there have been
      others who have recognized a third choice with elements of each ----
      occultism, a scientific development of the mind which leads beyond the
      present limits of science to the point where a man becomes able to know the
      spiritual beings described in ancient religions through knowledge rather
      than blind faith.

      In the 1800s there was a particularly strong movement of occultism called
      Theosophy. Its founder, a woman named Madame Helena Blavatsky, claimed that
      she had been given certain knowledge to start this movement by a group
      called the White Brotherhood in the East, beings who no longer need to
      incarnate in human bodies but instead guide the human race from in secret,
      like the Invisible College described by Sir Isaac Newton. These beings saw
      the danger of Western science continuing to develop disconnected from all
      religion----- dangers which we now know too well. They gave her a mission,
      and the Theosophical movement was very influential in seeking to awaken
      people to the third way between religion and science. But Blavatsky became
      very anti-Western and anti-Christian due to the attacks on her, and after
      her death the Theosophical society became even more Eastern in orientation,
      regarding Western science as valueless and Western religion as a mere copy
      of the truly inspired Eastern ones.

      About the turn of the century, a Western philosopher who was born with
      psychic ability but had been hiding it most of his life joined the
      Theosophical society in Germany and began giving lectures and writing books
      from out of his own direct insight (as opposed to the leaders of the society
      at that time who merely quoted things from other people's books with no
      insight of their own or else were fakers who pretended to have developed
      clairvoyance of their own). This was Dr. Rudolf Steiner. Starting about
      1900, he began lecturing and writing about a higher knowledge than
      present-day science possesses, but one which is not achieved by running away
      from Western consciousness and self-awareness into an illusion of
      'surrendering the ego' as pitched by Eastern religions. Thousands of people
      in central Europe responded to his message, which emphasized the Western
      Christian, European mystics instead of Buddhism and other foreign imports.
      By 1907, his version of Theosophy had become more popular then the
      Eastern-oriented one, and in addition to lectures about what happens after
      death and how to develop psychic ability, society members began asking
      Steiner to lecture about the connection between the Western Path of
      initiation he described and the Christian religion that had been handed down
      to them ---- connections he had already hinted at in many lectures.

      The result was 10 years of lectures on the Gospels and the Bible in
      general. He began with the Gospel of John -- -- -- not accidentally, but
      because it is different than the other three Gospels in ways that betray an
      understanding of initiation by the author -- -- -- in May 1908 in Hamburg,
      Germany.

      Below is a summary of the first of Dr. Steiner's 10 lectures on the
      Gospel of St. John I did six years ago for this group, with a few additions.
      Anyone who wishes to summarize the second lecture may do so tomorrow, and of
      course comments stimulated by this summary are welcome.

      ***The purpose of people doing a summary of each chapter is to give everyone
      a jumping-off point for discussion as well as to give each person a chance
      really read a section intensively. Here, then, is a jumping-off point!

      First, a verse for group study in English translation:

      From the luminous heights of the Spirit
      May God's clear light ray forth
      Into those human souls
      Who are intent on seeking
      The grace of the Spirit,
      The light of the Spirit,
      The life of the Spirit.
      May He live
      In the Hearts,
      In the inmmost souls
      Of those of us
      Who feel ourselves gathered together
      In His Name.

      In the first lecture, Steiner begins by pointing out that in spiritual
      science, it is not a question of studying just the words of a Gospel
      themselves, but rather that the spiritual scientist has discovered occult
      truths through supersensible perception, and now finds the same truths are
      expressed in an old religious document. Therefore it is a study which will
      deepen the understanding of spiritual science itself as well as explain the
      Gospel. (This is something that we need to keep in mind when introducing
      people to the study of anthroposophy by a lecture-cycle, that one must
      already be acquainted with some of the fundamentals from the basic books or
      else one will often be lost: the study is not only OF the Gospel, but OF
      spiritual science and how it is found IN the Gospel.)

      To make clear how independent of blind faith and tradition this study is,
      Steiner makes two statements: first he says that even if all earthly
      documents were destroyed in a catastrophe, the truths we find in them would
      still be capable of being discovered by our inner human spiritual faculties.
      Then he compares this to how we learn geometry today without ever picking up
      the 'Principles' of Euclid, the book in which they were first published,
      because the ability to know geometry originates in a faculty of the human
      spirit and is independent of history and tradition. So too with spiritual
      knowledge. He then goes on to say that studying spiritual documents with
      mere
      philology or word-knowledge is just as if someone who knew no geometry were
      to translate Euclid. Without the knowledge given by the inner human spirit
      (e.g., geometry), the words inevitably would be misunderstood.

      He then turns to clearing up some of the misunderstandings produced by
      this spiritless "word-smithery." He points out how people in recent
      centuries,
      trying to consider the gospels only as history, have found many
      contradictions and become doubtful how much they can be trusted. Then, such
      commentators found that Matthew, Mark and Luke were not so far off from each
      other, but John's was quite different, and therefore, they concluded, not as
      "trustworthy." Steiner then says that the attempt to say that the writers of
      the gospels were just intending to write a history of Jesus and his times is
      completely refuted by the opening lines of John---"En arche en ho Logos",
      "In
      the beginning was the Word", and that "The Word was made flesh and dwelt
      amongst us". He says John clearly means 'We have seen a man, but in this man
      was the creative principle by which all Nature was made'. He then says that
      so-called 'religious' commentators today want to talk only about a man Jesus
      who is just like other men, not about any Principles which transcend the
      physical world. Materialism, he says, entered into religious thought first
      in
      the past several centuries and only afterwards corrupted all else. As
      examples, he shows how the changing of the bread and wine into Christ's body
      and blood became materialistically interpreted when it is nothing of the
      sort, how the interpretation of the 7 Days of Creation was likewise
      confounded (when everyone knewe in olden times it wasn't days like our days
      which are meant, because the sun and moon aren't even made till the 4th day,
      and how the Lord causing Adam to "fall into a deep sleep" had its meaning
      lost (that he made him leave his body for the first time).

      Then, in looking at the Gospel of John compared to the other 3, Steiner
      says that each is like a person standing at a different point on a mountain
      and describing what he sees. Each will see truly but from a different
      perspective. John, however, he compares to one who has ascended the mountain
      and can see all from its summit.

      This point of view from the 'summit' he connects with the doctrine of the
      "Logos". He first disposes of the theory that John borrowed the doctrine
      from
      Greek philosophy (men like Heraclitus and Philo) by showing that Luke also
      used the term, that it was a natural part of Christianity from the start.
      Then he gives a brief description of what this doctrine was: in looking at
      the whole of nature, it is only as we approach Man that the higher animals
      become able to utter SOUND; the lower animals are mute. But the ancients
      taught that what appears in nature last was there from the start and had to
      prepare a place for itself to manifest. So the Creative Word slowly prepared
      the creation for the Word itself to enter it, and MAN IS THIS WORD BECOME
      FLESH. The ability to speak shows that the Divine has entered into its
      creation---in Man.

      Merry Christmas, all----Fr�hlich Weihen�chten.

      *******Dr. Starman

      From photos to predictions, The MSN Entertainment Guide to Golden Globes has
      it all. http://tv.msn.com/tv/globes2007/
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 27, 2006
        In the second lecture, Dr. Steiner focuses once more on the opening words
        of the Gospel of St. John about the Word becoming flesh. He then repeats his
        basic anthroposophic teaching of Man consisting of ego, astral body, etheric
        body and physical body, and how we have passed through 3 previous worlds,
        Saturn, Sun and Moon, in which we developed the three lower bodies, the ego
        being added only in this Earth phase.
        He then shows how the same 3 worlds he calls Saturn, Sun and Moon, when
        experienced in the akashic records, are the same experiences John describes
        by saying at first was the Word (the created basis of our physical bodies in
        the Saturn stage), then this became Life (the etheric body that makes the
        physical one alive, which was added in the second phase, the Old Sun), and
        then Light (Man experiences light through his astral body, which we gained
        in the third stage, the Old Moon).
        So Steiner shows how the first words of the Gospel repeat the story of
        our development through the three lower phases which the present-day
        animals, plants and minerals are still going through. We have now reached
        the point where we can utter speech, in other words the Word can manifest
        itself in us, which means the creative power of God realizing itself.

> [...]
        >"Logos". He first disposes of the theory that John borrowed the doctrine
        >from
        >Greek philosophy (men like Heraclitus and Philo) by showing that Luke also
        >used the term, that it was a natural part of Christianity from the start.
        >Then he gives a brief description of what this doctrine was: in looking at
        >the whole of nature, it is only as we approach Man that the higher animals
        >become able to utter SOUND; the lower animals are mute. But the ancients
        >taught that what appears in nature last was there from the start and had to
        >prepare a place for itself to manifest. So the Creative Word slowly
        >prepared
        >the creation for the Word itself to enter it, and MAN IS THIS WORD BECOME
        >FLESH. The ability to speak shows that the Divine has entered into its

        Dave vs. Carl: The Insignificant Championship Series. �Who will win?
        http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://davevscarl.spaces.live.com/?icid=T001MSN38C07001
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 27, 2006
          ******* Here's a summary of Lecture 3 posted by a member of this group when
          we did the study 6 years ago. -starman

          Lecture III-The Mission of the Earth
          Steiner shines the light of Anthroposophy on the words of St. John
          stating that the word came before the Old Saturn period. It became Life for
          us when the Earth and Sun were one, it became the Light of our astral body
          when the Earth entered into the Old Moon period and we became separate from
          the sun "its light shining upon the earth rather than within it, and then,
          "a creature, like a kind of seed, comes over to the Earth from the ancient
          Moon and is now capable of saying,"I AM."

          Old Saturn-physical body Mineral/crystal
          Form of the human-the idea come to fruition in Sun incarnation.

          Old Sun-etheric body Plant
          Life infused into form; formation of the etheric body.
          Mission-To give birth(life) to the Earth as its own being.

          Old Moon-astral body Animal
          Living form infused with soul.
          Mission-to saturate the Earth with wisdom to be experienced in Earth phase
          of evolution.

          Earth-ego Human
          Human infused with identity-the "I AM."
          Mission-to saturate the Earth with love to be experienced in Jupiter phase.

          Jupiter-next period.

          There is a further breakdown of this stage of earthly evolution starting
          with the Lemurian period, then the Atlantean period, the Flood and our
          present state of existence.
          Steiner then goes into the difference in our state of being between the
          period in which we are awake where the "real inner human being"(the ego and
          the astral body) are in the physical world residing within the physical and
          ether bodies and availing itself to the benefits of the senses.
          (all 12 of course:) In the "Study of Man," Steiner says we do much in this
          period between sleeping and waking, comparing it to death when we are able
          to experience the spiritual world directly and work with our "higher self"
          to record the progress of the day.

          In the Lemurian period, contact with the physical and ether bodies is brief
          and we possessed a "dull clairvoyant consciousness". During the night, the
          spirit world was perceived much as we perceive in dreams today except that
          there was a clear meaning.
          He gives a very clear picture himself of how we 'knew' something; danger
          was a tangible thing-we used our instincts to 'know' if something was
          harmful to us; thus a lion was not 'known' to us as a given danger but
          rather experienced by us as potentially harmful through
          intuitive/instinctive perception.
          As we lost the capacity for clairvoyance we gained the ability to discern
          images in our 'waking' state.

          The purpose of our daytime experience of through the physical is to further
          our ability to see ourselves independently. When we possessed the "dull
          clairvoyance," we were to close to the divine spiritual consciousness and
          less self-aware. Without this awareness, we could not say to ourselves, "I
          AM."
          Many have compared the idea of the collective consciousness shared among
          native peoples as a remnant of these times.

          The lecture now states the mission of the Earth stage; that of "cultivating
          the principle of love to its highest degree by the beings which are
          evolving upon it. ...When the Earth is at the end of its evolution, love
          should permeate it through and through."

          He then outlines the mission of the Old Moon period; that of infusing the
          Earth with divine wisdom for human beings to gradually acquire the knowledge
          of. This wisdom pervades the whole of nature. Our own inner wisdom has to
          be developed by degrees.
          So, as wisdom was developed upon Old Moon, love is being developed now.

          The future planetary condition, Steiner says, will be Jupiter. Those who
          will live upon Jupiter will find it pervaded with love as we find wisdom
          upon the Earth.

          He says something next that some might find shocking; "As a principle, all
          that men will discover in the course of the Earth's evolution is already
          present in nature." Our task is to give the Earth love in its most
          spiritualized form. This, he says, can only be achieved when we possess
          full self-consciousness and are "wholly independent."

          The question, "Of what does the Earth consist?" is posited. Steiner states
          that which we can see in our waking day-consciousness is an outer material
          manifestation of Divine-Spirituality.
          It is this invisible world that is the "Logos."
          Much like Plato's archetypes and Jung's use of this idea in his dream
          therapies, the Logos is the source of all that is. "Soul nature creates for
          itself an external body..."

          The physical body of the Logos appears especially in the sunlight much as
          our own physical bodies act as a vesture for our souls. Love streams down
          upon the Earth in sunlight.
          Our apprehension of it in our dream-state at the beginning helped prepare us
          for receiving this love in full waking consciousness. The beings of the Sun
          are so exalted that they can pour forth love upon the Earth.

          The diagram on page 53 illustrates in ancient times the Sun during the day
          shown down upon us from without. During the night, the Moon, which Steiner
          calls Jahve', (a perversion of the ihvh;Yud hay vav hay in case the Hebrew
          doesn't come through intact. Perversion as these the ineffable name was
          never meant for human lips to pronounce!) reflects down the force of matured
          wisdom of the Elohim into our subconscious. (kind of like how Perseus
          killed Medusa)

          When we had sufficiently evolved to be able to perceive the Logos with our
          Day-Consciousness, Christ Jesus incarnated the force of the six Elohim.
          With this incarnation of the Word made flesh, the mission of the Earth
          really began, all else was preparation. This event provided the quickening
          necessary for humanity's leap forward. It has progressed beyond the group
          mind that exists in native peoples and Steiner says existed in the Jewish
          people because of the blood-tie. That they weren't capable of saying "I AM"
          only "We are."
          The initiates (apostles) felt themselves united with the Father , the
          primeval foundation of the world.

          Blessings on these Holy Nights.

          Morgan

          Type your favorite song.� Get a customized station.� Try MSN Radio powered
          by Pandora. http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001
        • thepathofthesunflower
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 8, 2007
            Happy New Year everyone - trust you had a good Christmas and happily
            saw 2007 in.

            Thanks for these writings Starman it is a wealth of information. Over
            this holiday time I re-read Occult Science and always feel I am with a
            friend, Dr Rudolf, when I do.

            What grasped my imagination was the future Jupiter state of the Earth
            when people will become (spiritualy)advanced they will become invisible.

            And I ponder with this invisible state, which seems different from the
            physical body death state, whether it is a state of overcoming physical
            death and with this do we in fact go anywhere .. keeping with the
            theory of dimensions .. all that has been and will be exists in one
            place/space including all the Planets and Zodiac constellations.

            The exterior Planets and the Stars we see are projections or manifested
            matter outlet of spiritualised activity. The interior realms of the
            Planets and Stars exists next to us, around us, under us and above us
            but most crucially within us?

            The Macrocosm and the Microcosm would be the expression for this.

            As the Doctor explains to us and as you wrote here Starman these past
            and future states (eg. old Saturn and old Moon) which we have gone
            through and will go through into the future Jupiter, Venus and Vulcan
            states are not the visible planets we see but possibly .. residue is
            the right word .. of these states.

            This means we are not going to jump over to Jupiter but Jupiter is
            going to come to us. It is our thoughts, feelings and will
            preparing/manifesting Jupiter to be activated correctly enough in
            taking interest in coming to us?

            Well my current ponder ..
            Regards
            Caryn
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 8, 2007
              *******It's typical of Dr. Steiner that he puts the key to the understanding
              of the whole solar system and astrology in a footnote to Occult Science. He
              says that in this solar system some beings needed to stay behind at the
              Saturn state so a planet was prepared for them, namely Saturn... while the
              beings that are already experiencing the Jupiter state are in Jupiter, the
              Venus level beings in Venus etc.

              This is why those planets were always regarded as "benefics" having a
              good influence on us. And they form the liver and kidneys in the body,
              without which we could not live. We experience the Jupiter-state,
              Venus-state etc. subconsciously in our bodies while awake, and as planes of
              experience each night. When you pass through initiation your experience of
              all the planes becomes conscious and you can identify what belongs to each.
              The pituitary or master gland of the body, for instance, belongs to Jupiter.
              We will be much taller and larger in the Jupiter state than now, which is
              why when that gland is stimulated we grow taller. The sunflower plant also
              shows the influence of Jupiter, 5-petaled flowers the influence of
              Venus---as well as stones compounded from copper.

              Non-physically, when we experience true 'philosophic' development, all
              positive thinking which broadens one's horizons, we experience the Jupiter
              state. All appreciation of beauty, music, and true love is an experiencing
              of the Venus state.

              By the way, this last one has recently been a major experience of mine,
              as I'm getting married on Saturday to a lovely lady pianist who was educated
              in a Steiner schoool in Norway. So I may be out of touch next week, as I'll
              be on my honeymoon. More after I return, around Jan. 20th.

              >From: "thepathofthesunflower" <thepathofthesunflower@...>
              >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [steiner] 12 Holy Nights
              >Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 12:08:58 -0000
              >
              >Happy New Year everyone - trust you had a good Christmas and happily
              >saw 2007 in.
              >
              >Thanks for these writings Starman it is a wealth of information. Over
              >this holiday time I re-read Occult Science and always feel I am with a
              >friend, Dr Rudolf, when I do.
              >
              >What grasped my imagination was the future Jupiter state of the Earth
              >when people will become (spiritualy)advanced they will become invisible.
              >
              >And I ponder with this invisible state, which seems different from the
              >physical body death state, whether it is a state of overcoming physical
              >death and with this do we in fact go anywhere .. keeping with the
              >theory of dimensions .. all that has been and will be exists in one
              >place/space including all the Planets and Zodiac constellations.
              >
              >The exterior Planets and the Stars we see are projections or manifested
              >matter outlet of spiritualised activity. The interior realms of the
              >Planets and Stars exists next to us, around us, under us and above us
              >but most crucially within us?
              >
              >The Macrocosm and the Microcosm would be the expression for this.
              >
              >As the Doctor explains to us and as you wrote here Starman these past
              >and future states (eg. old Saturn and old Moon) which we have gone
              >through and will go through into the future Jupiter, Venus and Vulcan
              >states are not the visible planets we see but possibly .. residue is
              >the right word .. of these states.
              >
              >This means we are not going to jump over to Jupiter but Jupiter is
              >going to come to us. It is our thoughts, feelings and will
              >preparing/manifesting Jupiter to be activated correctly enough in
              >taking interest in coming to us?
              >
              >Well my current ponder ..
              >Regards
              >Caryn

              The MSN Entertainment Guide to Golden Globes is here. Get all the scoop.
              http://tv.msn.com/tv/globes2007/?icid=nctagline2
            • thepathofthesunflower
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 9, 2007
                Hi Starman

                Congratulations! That is wonderful news - may you both be very happy
                sharing life together. And a pianist, that is lovely :)

                Thanks for the further information on the Planet Planes. Yes, I see
                this now how each Planet contributes to our living Now. Isn't it
                wonderful! And how Saturn gave us the mineral inclusion of our
                skeletons - this took eons of time. It is said the human body is the
                biggest mystery. :)

                Also we can see here the dimensions (the many mansions)this is why I
                feel when people say we are all One - it's not quite correct. To
                quote U2 'we one but we not the same'!

                I have a birthchart theory; seeing Uranus is my Ruling Planet, I
                think my Oversoul resides in Uranus (in this particular life) and
                when I sleep at night I go to Uranus. As I will when my physical body
                falls away. Re-conciling my make-up in the other Planets as well but
                ultimately residing in Uranus until my next life, if to be.

                Do you think this is a correct assumption to make?!

                Yes! Dr Steiner in making it clear he wanted to provide logical
                spiritual science facts, which he did without a doubt, his work is a
                treasure of mystical fact!

                Have you read Edgar Cayce's interpretation of Revelations? Here he
                likens our Glands to the Seven Churches.

                Well, no doubt you very busy getting ready for Saturday but look
                forward to further writings on the Planet Planes.

                Regards to you and your future partner.
                Caryn
              • Nina
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 9, 2007
                  --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "thepathofthesunflower"
                  <thepathofthesunflower@...> wrote:
                  > Hi Starman
                  > Congratulations! That is wonderful news.
                  > Yes! Dr Steiner in making it clear he wanted to provide logical
                  > spiritual science facts, which he did without a doubt, his work is
                  a treasure of mystical fact!
                  > forward to further writings on the Planet Planes.

                  Dear Caryn,
                  Be eager also for further writings and astrological thoughts.
                  Celebration of Venusian influence! She must be very special.
                  Starman's bio said he was single and not looking.
                  How wonderful true love! NINA

                  http://www.2012theodyssey.com/articles.html
                  Interesting articles...
                  One by Jay Weidner on "Alchemical Kubrick:The Great Work on Film" re-
                  2001 Space Odyssey (shares how he feels Kubrik wanted to express
                  that "film echoes the words of Zarathustra who taught of the great
                  transformation from the mundane to the angelic." Steiner
                  themes...technology, nature, auditory, astro, Jupiter mission, etc.
                  Steiner not mentioned.
                  Another of his with his wife on Lord of the Rings, plus other
                  authors,like Jose Arguelles.
                • sarah
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 9, 2007
                    "... Zarathustra who taught of the great transformation from the mundane to the angelic."

                    Pathofthesunflower, could you please say something about this, how does Z transform the 'mundane to the angelic'?

                    Also congratulations and best wishes to Starman on your marriage.

                    Sarah
                    Waldorf Doll Making DVD - NOW AVAILABLE!
                    e-Patterns, Dolls and More;
                    www.sarahs-dolls.com
                  • thepathofthesunflower
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 10, 2007
                      Hi Sarah and hi there Nina, hope you are both well.
                      Starman thanks for the calendar.

                      Sarah, thanks for asking me this question 'how does Zarathustra
                      transform the mundane to the angelic'.

                      If we read John Jocelyn's Mediatations on the Signs of the Zodiac' A
                      Rudolf Steiner publication (and teaching) we find our answer:-

                      We are creating a new Zodiacal Constellation

                      Think of the vast difference between man and mineral!
                      Yet man is only three stages above the mineral. Try to conceive of
                      the sublimity of beings who are nine, eight, or even seven stages
                      above man. These supersensible beings, the highest of the Spiritual
                      Hierarchies, are called the Seraphim, Cherubim, and Thrones – the
                      First Hierarchy.

                      It is they who comprise the twelve differentiated groupings which we
                      call the Zodiac, which forms as it were, the womb of our solar
                      system. As a teacher was once a student and as a mother was once a
                      child, so these exalted divine beings came from an earlier solar
                      system in which they passed through their lower stages, until they
                      were so advanced that their solar system could be transformed into
                      our Zodiac and they could rise to mighty, creative, cosmic deeds and
                      make the great sacrifice which gave birth to our solar system. Beyond
                      them is the Divine Trinity, the Threefold Unity.

                      From the twelve directions of space, they organised the warmth and
                      laid the foundation for the twelvefold differentiated warmth we bear
                      in our twelve-membered physical body today, from Aries-head to Pisces-
                      feet.

                      There is no chance or accidental coincidence in the recurrent
                      reflection of the heavenly pattern in earthly life. We find it in
                      the twelve sons of Jacob, the twelve tribes of Israel, the twelve
                      disciples of Christ Jesus and the twelve Knights of the Round Table.

                      And with same principle mankind, with Earth at the midway station, is
                      evolving the three spirit principles: the spirit-self, life-spirit
                      and spirit-man. All mankind will evolve them somewhat in the course
                      of their future incarnations, and fully in the future planetary
                      existences, called the Jupiter, Venus and Vulcan Periods, through
                      which the Earth will pass in the future, before the beings of our
                      solar system reach the stage of creativity when they can participate
                      in the birth of a new Zodiac and solar system. For man is becoming
                      the Fourth Hierarchy, named the Spirits of Freedom and Love. At the
                      end of the Earth Period, love should be part of everything, as wisdom
                      is now.

                      For an approach to this consciousness, we need an enlarged- a cosmic –
                      concept of the Christ, the sublime Sun Spirit who incarnated in Jesus
                      of Nazareth from the Baptism till the Mystery of Golgotha, when he
                      become the Spirit of the Earth and `The Lord of all the heavenly
                      forces upon Earth.' Christ is the being who in the Sun Period
                      selflessly gave himself up in devotion to the Twelve Voices of the
                      Word of Worlds, which kindled in him such Light that he can say, `I
                      am the light of the world.' He belongs to our cosmos as a whole and
                      spreads life throughout our entire universe. For those who direct
                      their thought to him during waking life, he becomes their guide
                      through the cosmos during sleep and between death and rebirth. The
                      Midnight Sun; The Spiritual Sun.

                      ***
                    • Nina
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 10, 2007
                        --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "thepathofthesunflower"
                        <thepathofthesunflower@...> wrote:
                        > Hi Sarah and hi there Nina, hope you are both well.
                        > Starman thanks for the calendar.
                        > Sarah, thanks for asking me this question 'how does Zarathustra
                        > transform the mundane to the angelic'.
                        > If we read John Jocelyn's Mediatations on the Signs of the Zodiac'
                        Rudolf Steiner publication (and teaching) we find our answer:-
                        > We are creating a new Zodiacal Constellation
                        Thank-you Caryn, have this beautiful image of you, joyfully adding the
                        commentary so we all might better understand - NINA