RE: [steiner] Re: Unique to Humans

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2006
      *******What an animal is able to do----like a bird able to fly---- wasn't
      worked out BY the creature but FOR the creature---- it was given its form
      by Nature, just inherits it from the world. WE are given nothing because
      we've graduated to the point where we can do it for ourselves, and therefore
      are expected to.
      Man has reached the end of his childhood. We went through an animal-like
      existence before the earth state, and in this world were ready to move on to
      the Human stage. We were thus given the Ego, the drop of the Divine Spirit
      that enables us to no longer be creation, but creators.
      We're born "helpless" because we don't need [that kind of] help anymore.

      >From: "sarah" <sarahwh@...>
      >To: <steiner@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: [steiner] Re: Unique to Humans
      >Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 20:37:24 +0800
      >
      > >During his first year he
      > >orients to gravity and pulls himself upright. No animals are organized to
      > >walk upright; some may do so occasionally for a brief period, but they
      >are
      > >organnized for walking horizontally, on all fours. Our upright posture
      >marks
      > >us as different from the animal, as well as the crucial difference that
      >we
      > >are not born with it but give it to ourselves AFTER birth.
      >
      >Thanks Starman and Pathofsunflower. The above brings me to a further
      >question; how is it significant that we are born helpless and have
      >individual egos?
      >
      >Sarah
      >Waldorf Doll Making DVD - NOW AVAILABLE!
      >e-Patterns, Dolls and More;
      >www.sarahs-dolls.com

      Visit MSN Holiday Challenge for your chance to win up to $50,000 in Holiday
      cash from MSN today!
      http://www.msnholidaychallenge.com/index.aspx?ocid=tagline&locale=en-us