Re: Unique to Humans

  • sarah
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2006
      >During his first year he
      >orients to gravity
      and pulls himself upright. No animals are organized to
      >walk upright;
      some may do so occasionally for a brief period, but they are
      >organnized
      for walking horizontally, on all fours. Our upright posture marks
      >us as
      different from the animal, as well as the crucial difference that we
      >are
      not born with it but give it to ourselves AFTER birth.
      Thanks Starman and Pathofsunflower. The above brings me to a further question; how is it significant that we are born helpless and have individual egos?

      Sarah
      Waldorf Doll Making DVD - NOW AVAILABLE!
      e-Patterns, Dolls and More;
      www.sarahs-dolls.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 8, 2006
        *******What an animal is able to do----like a bird able to fly---- wasn't
        worked out BY the creature but FOR the creature---- it was given its form
        by Nature, just inherits it from the world. WE are given nothing because
        we've graduated to the point where we can do it for ourselves, and therefore
        are expected to.
        Man has reached the end of his childhood. We went through an animal-like
        existence before the earth state, and in this world were ready to move on to
        the Human stage. We were thus given the Ego, the drop of the Divine Spirit
        that enables us to no longer be creation, but creators.
        We're born "helpless" because we don't need [that kind of] help anymore.

        >From: "sarah" <sarahwh@...>
        >To: <steiner@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: [steiner] Re: Unique to Humans
        >Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 20:37:24 +0800
        >
        > >During his first year he
        > >orients to gravity and pulls himself upright. No animals are organized to
        > >walk upright; some may do so occasionally for a brief period, but they
        >are
        > >organnized for walking horizontally, on all fours. Our upright posture
        >marks
        > >us as different from the animal, as well as the crucial difference that
        >we
        > >are not born with it but give it to ourselves AFTER birth.
        >
        >Thanks Starman and Pathofsunflower. The above brings me to a further
        >question; how is it significant that we are born helpless and have
        >individual egos?
        >
        >Sarah
        >Waldorf Doll Making DVD - NOW AVAILABLE!
        >e-Patterns, Dolls and More;
        >www.sarahs-dolls.com

        Visit MSN Holiday Challenge for your chance to win up to $50,000 in Holiday
        cash from MSN today!
        http://www.msnholidaychallenge.com/index.aspx?ocid=tagline&locale=en-us