RE: [steiner] Unique to humans

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2006
      ******* No, the higher animals, the mammals, also generate their own body
      heat.

      One of the great differences in Man and animal is that all animals are
      born already organized to move the way they will all their lives----the
      flying animals to fly, creeping ones to creep, etc. Man is born helpless,
      not ready to move in any way in earthly gravity. During his first year he
      orients to gravity and pulls himself upright. No animals are organized to
      walk upright; some may do so occasionally for a brief period, but they are
      organnized for walking horizontally, on all fours. Our upright posture marks
      us as different from the animal, as well as the crucial difference that we
      are not born with it but give it to ourselves AFTER birth.

      >From: "sarah" <sarahwh@...>
      >To: <steiner@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: [steiner] Unique to humans
      >Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 17:37:04 +0800
      >
      >I'm having a debate-discussion with a friend about humans being unique in
      >the animal kingdom, and I remember something from my Foundations course
      >about why humans are unique. I thought it was that we were the only living
      >beings who could generate our own heat, but I just googled this and
      >couldn't find anything.
      >
      >Can anyone fill me in?
      >
      >Sarah
      >Waldorf Doll Making DVD - NOW AVAILABLE!
      >e-Patterns, Dolls and More;
      >www.sarahs-dolls.com

    • thepathofthesunflower
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2006
        Also, animals have no Ego whereas humans do.
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 7, 2006
          ****** Yes, ijn the physical world, that is. They HAVE an ego but it is on
          the astral plane. So, all cats say "I" to the cat group-ego or "group-soul".
          These are the offspring of the 2nd Hierarchy on earth.